What if you could bake a delicious loaf of homemade bread in only 10 minutes? Say goodbye to hours of waiting for the dough to rise. My 10-Minute Dough Loaf recipe will revolutionize your baking routine.
Making bread at home seems like a daunting task for many. Not anymore! Get some flour, yeast, warm water, olive oil, salt, and sugar, and enjoy making the best homemade bread ever using my Ten Minute All-Purpose Dough.
Perfect Need-It-In-A-Hurry Loaf Recipe
Why You Will Love the 10-Minute Dough Loaf
Nothing beats the warmth and satisfaction of a freshly baked loaf of bread! You will love this recipe, and here is why.
First, it requires minimal ingredients and no fancy equipment. Therefore, it is the perfect recipe for beginners or those who are new to homemade bread.
Second, it is time-saving. You can whip up a loaf of bread quickly and easily. It is perfect when you are short on time.
In addition, a 10 minute dough loaf is a versatile base that can be customized with add-ins like fresh or dried herbs, cheeses, and seeds.
The aroma and taste of freshly baked bread are unbeatable. You will have warm homemade bread without the lengthy preparation process.
On top of all, you can control the ingredients without the need for preservatives or any unhealthy additives that might be used in store-bought bread.
Add Your Special Touch
Do you love additional flavors and tastes in your bread? Here are some ideas to change the traditional taste of a loaf of bread.
First, add dried or fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary to the dough when mixing the ingredients. The loaf will have a savory and fragrant taste. Some minced garlic could work as well.
Second, if you like spicy bread, you can dice some jalapeno peppers with some shredded cheese for a cheesy twist. Pepper and cheese will elevate the flavors in your bread.
Get some inspiration from Everything Bagel. Brush the topping with some egg wash and then sprinkle a mix of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, diced onions, garlic powder, and salt on top of the loaf before baking.
For extra crunch and a nutty flavor, add a generous amount of toasted sunflower seeds to the dough.
If you like the Mediterranean taste, chop some pitted Kalamata or green olive. Mix them with crumbles of feta cheese. Flatten the dough out into a rectangular shape and evenly spread the mixture. Roll it over, bake it, and enjoy.
Soft, Fluffy, and Golden Brown Loaf
How to Serve 10 Minute Dough Loaf
This fast loaf of bread perfectly pairs with a variety of options. Here are some ideas.
For breakfast, design a Charcuterie platter with a spread of cheeses, labneh, fruits, and nuts. Serve slices of this fluffy loaf. Don’t forget that you can spread some jam for a sweet bite.
This loaf of bread has a soft interior and crusty exterior. So, it perfectly matches a warm bowl of Creamy Tomato Basil Soup or butternut squash soup.
Enjoy slices or cubes of fluffy bread with hummus or other dips like baba ganoush. Use slices to make gourmet sandwiches with roasted vegetables, grilled chicken, or smoked salmon. Yummy!
Pro Tips for the Best Loaf
For a smoother experience, prepare all the necessary ingredients and ensure the kitchen tools you may need are readily available.
Don’t forget to use warm water, not hot or at room temperature. It is important to activate the yeast for faster fermentation.
It is also important to preheat the oven. Place the bread inside, and it will immediately start baking for faster cooking and a well-risen loaf.
Allow the baked bread to cool on a wire rack and come to room temperature before slicing. This will maintain the good structure of the loaf and prevent it from being soggy.
You can use whole wheat flour instead of a portion of the all-purpose flour to add a nutty flavor to your bread.
For a gluten-free version, you can use gluten-free flour like rice flour or tapioca flour. Since it lacks elasticity, you can add a small amount of xanthan gum to improve the binding properties.
If you choose gluten-free flour, you need to slightly increase the amount of liquid in the dough to prevent the bread from becoming too dry. It may require some experimentation to achieve the texture and flavor that you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Though this recipe relies on yeast, you can try it with baking powder. The result and flavor profile may vary from the traditional yeast-based loaf.
This depends on your bread machine’s settings. Check the machine’s manual or adapt the baking time accordingly.
You can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or keep them in a zip-lock bag or an airtight container to prevent them from drying. You can reheat them upon serving if you like warm bread. If they stay for longer, check out Repurposing Stale Bread for some creative ideas.
Enjoy the Freshly Baked Goodness
10-Minute Dough Loaf Recipe
The limit of the 10-minute dough recipes is the sky. Try out this loaf of bread, and you will make it over and over.
What You Need
- All-purpose flour
- Instant yeast
- Warm Water
- Olive oil
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Recipes You Need to Try
- Gluten-Free Flat Bread-10 Minute Dough (No Yeast)
- Gluten Free All Purpose Dough (Quick 10 Minute Dough)
- Best Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- How to Store Bread
- Gyro Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Naan Bread
- Easy Olive Bread
- Simple Skillet Flat Bread
10-Minute Dough Loaf Recipe
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, instant yeast, salt, and sugar. Mix them together well.
- Now, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the warm water and olive oil.
- Then, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon or your hands until the dough starts to come together.
- Next, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. If the dough is too sticky, you can add a little more flour as needed.
- Shape the dough into a loaf shape and place it on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few shallow slashes across the top of the loaf. This helps the bread expand while baking.
- Finally, place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the loaf is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Once baked, remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing. Serve and enjoy.