Chocolate truffles are absolutely delicious and are a very popular go-to dessert for a night in, tucked in your duvet, or the perfect after-meal treat for yourself, your kids, and all your family and friends. This 2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle recipe is very straight forward and with just 2 ingredients, you can put it together in no time!
The sweetness and the texture of a truffle make it the ultimate dessert that you just can’t get enough of!
Stacked Up Bites Of Heaven
It’s very hard to find something more indulging and satisfying than biting into one of these heavenly chocolate truffle bites. Even though they are small in size, the taste is just so big and bold! They are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up and will meet your craving expectations for sure!
You won’t be able to resist these 2 Ingredient chocolate truffles, and the fact that they are so simple to make, make it even better. A luxury truffle bite is so chocolatey; it’s a treat we can all look forward to!
What You Will Need
All you will need to make this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle is cocoa powder and condensed milk.. and a fridge. Simple!
For your first ingredient, you will need sweetened condensed milk as it has the thick and sticky texture that is very important in this recipe. It will give your chocolate truffle the right texture to hold together and create heavenly bites. Using unsweetened will not work as it has more of a milky texture.
You can use any cocoa powder you have in your pantry for this recipe, but make sure to add it to the sweetened condensed milk in small portions and consistently stir to avoid any clumping in the process. Use 100% cocoa powder for best results instead of chocolate milk powder or any other alternatives.
Can You Resist These Bites?
Adding The Personal Touch
Having a rich and fudgy, deliciously tasting 2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle is guaranteed, but there are ways in which you can make these bite-size treats better suited to you and your guests.
Using vegan condensed milk can make your chocolate truffles vegan-friendly whilst maintaining the heavenly taste of these bites. Ultimately, this means you can adjust the amount of sugar you would like in this recipe and can even go sugar-free if you prefer!
You can also choose to use a dairy-free coconut condensed milk version to make these chocolate truffle bits lactose intolerant friendly.
For added flavor, you can add a little espresso powder or instant coffee with your cocoa. Simply grind as little as a quarter teaspoon into a fine powder and sift into the condensed milk to give you that coffee boast.
Cocoa powder is used both in the recipe, mixed in with the condensed milk, as well as for the toppings of the chocolate truffles. You can choose to go with shredded coconut for the topping instead or powdered sugar, or maybe some crushed nuts if you like.
Do You Need A Reason?
Why Choose To Make This Recipe?
There are so many different recipes resulting in delicious treats that satisfy your every craving but choosing to go with this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle dessert is the one!
It is so simple and easy to make and just requires 2 ingredients, which you may already have waiting for you in your pantry. Simply mix these 2 ingredients together, leave them in the fridge, and shape them as you like! And there you have it!
Even though these truffles are made with just 2 basic ingredients, you can play around with these as you like to make these treats even more perfect.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Just two! You need cocoa powder and sweetened condensed milk to make these delicious chocolate truffles.
Sweetened condensed milk thickens the mixture and is needed to make sure the truffles hold together. Unsweetened condensed milk has a milky texture which cannot be used to make truffles.
When you mix the condensed milk and cocoa powder together, leave the mixture in the fridge for about 2 hours, or until the mixture hardens.
You can shape them just as you like, truffles can come in all different shapes and sizes, it’s all in the taste!
Sweetened condensed milk can be made by mixing milk and sugar on medium heat, but for truffles, it’s best to go with the original sweetened mix.
Because of the condensed milk, the chocolate truffle mix will be sticky but once it’s out of the fridge and has hardened, it should be easy to deal with. If not, add more cocoa powder.
How Can I Shape The Chocolate Truffles?
Truffles come in so many different shapes, sizes, and designs, so it’s up to you really how you would like to shape and present them.
You can make them into soft square shapes. Once the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder have been mixed together, place them in a rectangle-shaped dish – this makes it easier to cut into squares. Each square is then rounded on the edges to give these beautiful soft squares.
To shape the truffles into small balls, dip an ice-cream scooper in hot water, and scoop up balls of the condensed milk and cocoa powder mix. You can roll the balls between your palms to perfect the heavenly bites but don’t forget to dip your hands in some flavorless oil to avoid sticking.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Truffle Recipe Ingredients
- Cocoa Powder
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
- 1 Ingredient Homemade Butter
- 2-ingredient Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Homemade Self-Rising Flour (3 Ingredients)
- Easy 2-Ingredient Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Ingredient Homemade Electrolyte Drink (Hydrating)
- Easy Three Ingredient Caramel Sauce!
- 2 Ingredient Caramel Macchiato Whipped Cream
- Three-Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Six Ingredient-Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles
- Easy 5-Ingredient Ashta Recipe
Two Ingredient Chocolate Truffle
- 1 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Heat the sweetened condensed milk over medium heat until small bubbles appear along the edges of the pan and the condensed milk loosens.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the sweetened condensed milk, one tablespoon at a time. Be careful as the pan is still hot – you can transfer the mixture into a glass bowl for easy mixing and to avoid burning your fingers.
- Keep mixing in the cocoa powder and stirring to avoid clumping. Your mixture should become thicker.
- Put the mixture in the fridge for 2 hours, until it hardens and holds its shape.
- To shape the truffles into small balls, dip an ice-cream scooper in hot water, and scoop up balls of the condensed milk and cocoa powder mix. You can roll the balls between your palms to perfect the heavenly bites but don't forget to dip your hands in some flavorless oil to avoid sticking.
- Dust with more cocoa powder for an elegant finish and your truffles are good to go.