How about if I told you that you can eat your pancakes and feel good about it? These dairy free, egg free, and naturally gluten free pancakes are absolutely indulgent! You can top them with honey like I prefer or maple syrup!
Why should you make these pancakes?
A couple great reasons to make these pancakes are convenience and nutritious value! They are not only healthy, but so good and satisfying! Excellent ingredients that you won’t feel guilty about eating or feeding to your family or little ones.
If you decide to freeze them, you can take them out to thaw for about 5-10 minutes. You can heat by placing on a hot skillet on low heat or you can microwave them. I always prefer stove top since it is healthier but, hey, sometimes we need a quick solution.
You really should make these pancakes because they are hassle free! All you do is add all the ingredients to the blender and pour them out onto your skillet! No bowls or spoons needed 🙂
Why are they considered Healthy?
Well the ingredients are literally five items and they are all very healthy. They include oats, bananas, almond milk, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Oats are very filling and contain a high amount of fiber and protein to keep you full and healthy. I always prefer organic oats that I grab from Whole Foods.
I add honey and, oh my goodness, how much I love and appreciate honey. Honey is like candy to me, literally, and my kids absolutely love it as much as I do. Honey is packed with antioxidants and considered “less bad” for diabetics than sugar, but always check with you doctor before consuming honey if you are diabetic.
- Did you know you can make them ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze them to enjoy later? Reheating is so easy and your breakfast is quickly ready. Perfect for a busy schedule or to pack for your kids’ lunch.
- These pancakes are dense and fluffy. If you prefer them a little more dense and fluffy I recommend you add another 1-2 tablespoons of oats. On the other hand, if you want them thinner just add a little milk to reach a slightly looser consistency.
5 ingredient Dairy Free Pancakes
- 2 large bananas
- 1 ½ cup almond milk
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking power
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Meanwhile heat a large skillet on high heat for about four minutes, then lower to low heat. Use a ladle to spoon some batter onto the pan. Flip after a few minutes then place on a lined plate with paper towel.
- Once cooled enjoy with honey, fruit and take it up a notch by adding your favorite whipping cream. You can keep it dairy free by adding coconut whipping cream!