Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure that will elevate your dining experience to new heights! Introducing our mouthwatering masterpiece: Baked Salmon with Creamy Garlic Sauce.
As you savor each succulent bite of tender salmon, perfectly baked to perfection, your senses will be transported to a world of unparalleled flavor. But that’s not all!
Our luxurious creamy garlic sauce with sundried tomatoes, delicately drizzled over the salmon, will have you savoring every moment. Get ready to indulge in a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
A Delightful Fusion of Taste and Texture
Baked salmon with garlic sauce is a popular dish that features salmon fillets baked in the oven and served with a flavorful garlic-based sauce.
The salmon is typically seasoned with salt and pepper and then baked until tender and flaky. The garlic sauce, made with minced garlic, broth, cream, and sundried tomatoes, complements the natural flavors of the salmon and adds a rich, aromatic taste to the dish.
Why You’ll Love this Baked Salmon with Garlic Sauce Recipe
There are several reasons why you’ll fall in love with our Baked Salmon with Garlic Sauce recipe:
Irresistible Flavor: The marriage of tender, flaky salmon and the velvety garlic sauce creates a sensational flavor profile that will leave you craving more.
Healthful and Nutritious: Salmon is a nutritional powerhouse, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, high-quality protein, and essential vitamins, so this dish is a delicious way to pamper yourself guilt-free.
Easy to Prepare: This recipe is surprisingly easy to make, making it a perfect choice for both seasoned and novice cooks. With simple instructions, you can have a restaurant-style dish ready in no time.
Impressively Elegant: Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or cooking for a special someone, the presentation of this dish is sure to impress. It looks and tastes like a restaurant-quality meal, without the hassle of going out.
Versatile: While the baked salmon with creamy garlic sauce is already delectable on its own, it also pairs wonderfully with a wide range of side dishes, from roasted vegetables to fluffy rice or even a refreshing salad.
A Crowd-Pleaser: Even if you have picky eaters in your family, this dish is a surefire winner.
Garlic Buttered Glory
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Yes, you can use frozen salmon fillets. Make sure to thaw them completely before baking, either by placing them in the refrigerator overnight or using the defrost setting on your microwave.
While fresh minced garlic provides the best flavor, you can use dried garlic if that’s what you have available. Keep in mind that the flavor might be milder, so you might want to use a bit more of it.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave or oven when you’re ready to eat again.
This dish pairs well with a variety of sides. Some popular choices include roasted vegetables (such as asparagus, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts), garlic butter rice, quinoa salad, steamed green beans, or a fresh garden salad with a light vinaigrette.
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes if you prefer. However, keep in mind that sun-dried tomatoes have a more concentrated flavor that adds a unique taste to the dish. If using fresh tomatoes, consider roasting or grilling them slightly beforehand to enhance their flavor.
Look for fresh, high-quality salmon fillets without any strong fishy odor.
Before baking, season the salmon with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning blend. You can also add other herbs and spices, such as dill, thyme, or paprika, to enhance the flavor.
Make sure to preheat your oven to the specified temperature before placing the salmon in to ensure even cooking.
Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray. This will prevent the salmon from sticking to the pan and make clean-up easier.
Salmon can dry out quickly if overcooked. The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. The salmon is done when it easily flakes with a fork but is still moist and tender.
Be careful not to burn the minced garlic when making the sauce. Use low to medium heat and stir constantly until it becomes fragrant. Burnt garlic can give the sauce a bitter taste.
Chopped fresh parsley, dill, or chives make excellent garnishes for the baked salmon with garlic sauce, adding a pop of color and extra flavor.
Baked salmon is best served immediately while it’s still warm and tender. The garlic sauce will also be at its creamiest and most flavorful when served right away.
Flaky and Fabulous
Baked Salmon with Creamy Garlic Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Ingredients
- Salmon fillets
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Italian herbs
- Olive oil
Creamy Garlic Sauce:
- Fresh minced Garlic
- Chicken broth
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sun-dried Tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- Red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian herbs
More Recipes You Must Try:
- Creamy Salmon and Asparagus Pasta
- Salmon and Tahini Salsa
- Honey Soy Glazed Salmon
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Wine-Free Hassle-Free Shrimp Scampi
- Grilled Lime and Cilantro Shrimp
- Cooked and Seasoned Boiled Asparagus
- Crispy Parmesan Rosemary Garlic Baked Potatoes
- Healthy Baked French Fries
Baked Salmon with Creamy Garlic Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 4 salmon fillets about 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Creamy garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Fresh minced Garlic
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes drained and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to your spice preference
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and Italian herbs.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet that lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled with olive oil.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with olive oil, then sprinkle the seasoning mixture evenly over the fillets.
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes in a preheated oven, or until it is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Prepare the creamy garlic sauce while the salmon is baking.
- Heat some olive oil and minced garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Allow the sauce to continue to simmer for a few minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your liking. If it's too thick, thin it out with a splash of chicken broth or water to achieve the desired consistency.
- When the salmon is done baking, remove it from the oven and serve it hot with the creamy garlic sauce drizzled on top.
- For added flavor and presentation, garnish with additional Italian herbs, chopped fresh parsley, or lemon slices.
- Enjoy your delicious Baked Salmon with Creamy Garlic Sauce and Sun-Dried Tomatoes! It pairs well with steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a side salad.