This post may contain affiliate links at no additional cost to you.
The best bang bang sauce recipe is so easy to make in just 5 minutes! It’s perfect as a dipping sauce for chicken, meat, fish, sandwiches, or any fried and grilled foods.
This spicy sauce is creamy, sweet, and deliciously spicy! Also, it needs 5 simple ingredients: mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, hot sauce, honey, and paprika. Enjoy your food with this flavorful sauce!
Does this make your heart MELT?
What Is Bang Bang Sauce?
This spicy sauce has been made famous by The Bonefish Grill in Florida in their Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos recipe. Their popular Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer is fully coated in bang bang shrimp sauce, which is sweet and savory at the same time.
Traditionally made with mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha (or any of your favorite hot sauce), and a little honey, this easy mayo-based sauce recipe makes the taste of literally anything just amazing.
It’s such a delicious sauce to drizzle and dip for all kinds of dishes! It’s perfect for seafood, meat, crispy fried shrimp, vegetables, and fries, and this homemade version is so much better than the original one!
First, we eat. Then, we do everything else.
Bang bang sauce is a very tasty dipping sauce that can be used to flavor many of your favorite meals and dishes. Check out the following ideas and various recipe suggestions!
Use it as a dip for Grilled Lime and Cilantro Shrimp, deep frying recipes such as French fries; Blackened Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos, grilled vegetables, bang bang chicken, Easy Grilled Chicken Sub Sandwich, crispy shrimp, or for Air Fried Honey Tortilla Chips!
Drizzle this spicy dipping sauce over The Supreme Vegan Black Bean Burger, Easy Grilled Shishito Peppers, homemade bang bang shrimp, Tender Slow Cooked Roast Beef, flour tortillas, dynamite shrimp, or Perfectly Boiled and Seasoned Broccoli!
Serve it with chicken dishes such as Sweet, Spicy, & Crispy Asian Chicken, Greek Salad with Marinated and Grilled Chicken Recipe, chicken wings fried in cornstarch, bang shrimp recipe, cauliflower rice dish, instant pot recipes, or Grilled Chicken Tikka (Tandoori Chicken).
The ideas of serving this great dipping sauce are actually endless! You can really spice up any dish with this incredibly tasty and simple sauce. Making this easy sauce will be your favorite thing to do!
Count the memories, not the calories.
Is Creamy Bang Bang Sauce the Same as Boom Boom Sauce and Yum Yum Sauce?
Not quite the same. All of these sauces are mayonnaise-based as one of the primary ingredients. However, bang bang is spicy due to chili sauce, boom boom has the addition of ketchup and also contains some garlic, while yum yum has more sugar and vinegar.
The three sauces are often used interchangeably and their taste is quite similar. Boom boom is a bit tangier and contains a slight tomato flavor due to the ketchup, yum yum is much sweeter, and bang bang is the most spiciest one.
If a recipe calls for any of these sauces, you can always substitute any of them with this versatile sauce! This tasty sauce has the richest flavors and creamy texture that spices up any dish, giving you so many delicious ways to enjoy food!
You can definitely enjoy this hot sauce right after making it, but for a rich flavor allow it to rest in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
For a lighter sauce with fewer calories, you can substitute mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt.
In case you want to make this creamy sauce a vegan one, using vegan mayonnaise for this recipe is a great option.
For spicier taste add more sriracha and chili garlic sauce, and for a sweeter flavor, add more honey or maple syrup, and less sriracha to this homemade version of bang bang sauce! You can easily regulate spice level.
Pro tip: In case you are using homemade mayonnaise for the first time in this sauce, then you can keep bang bang sauce in the fridge for just a week. Homemade mayo usually doesn’t last for long.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You can use less honey or omit it, or keto-friendly mayo. Also, use garlic chili sauce and garlic powder instead of Thai sweet chili sauce.
Store this homemade delicious sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For example, small mason jars work just perfectly for this.
You can add rice vinegar or a little bit of lemon juice. It’s a great addition in case you prefer a more sweet and acidic taste of the sauce.
Bang bang sauce will be totally fine for 10 days if it is kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.
To make this perfect sauce, you need just 5 affordable and simple ingredients and a mixing bowl. You will need the following for this easiest recipe ever:
Mayonnaise: You can use regular mayonnaise, light one, non-fat, sour cream, and also vegan mayonnaise.
Sweet chili sauce: It is an important ingredient because it makes up the bulk of the flavor in this perfect dipping sauce, giving a sweet and spicy taste.
Hot sauce: Actually it adds an extra kick of spice! Surely you can use more or less of it depending on your spice tolerance. Also, you can totally omit the hot sauce if you want to keep the sauce on the milder side.
Honey: It just helps to sweeten the bang bang sauce and balances the spicy part. Sometimes you can skip adding honey if you feel that the sauce is sweet enough after adding the sweet chili sauce which has added sugar in it.
Smoked Paprika: It has a smoky and spicy flavor with hints of mild sweetness for a perfect balance.
How to Make the Best Bang Bang Sauce
Making this copycat recipe sauce is so simple and easy!
In a small bow whisk together all ingredients until well combined. That’s it! the most popular sauce is ready in no time!
Enjoy right away with your favorite dish and serve it along with delicious recipes!
For best results, place it in the fridge in a small bowl for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Save the printable recipe card of the full list of ingredients for the next time you want to make this sauce!
Other Easy Recipes of Sauces and Dips for You to Try:
- Your Ultimate Guide to The Tastiest Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Mayo Sauce for Sushi
- Homemade Hot Dog Sauce Recipe
- Best Ever Burger Sauce
- McDonald’s Secret Big Mac Sauce (Copycat)
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce (Greek Yogurt and Cucumber)
- Vegan Lentil Dip – kibbet Adas
- Easy Taco Queso Dip-Viral TikTok Dip
- French Onion Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Muhammara (Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Dip)
Best Bang Bang Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a small bow whisk together all ingredients until well combined. That's it! the most popular sauce is ready in no time!
- Enjoy right away with your favorite dish and serve it along with delicious recipes!
- For best results, place it in the fridge in a small bowl for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Save the printable recipe card of full list of ingredients for next time you want to make this sauce!
- You can definitely enjoy this hot sauce right after making it, but for a rich flavor allow it to rest in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- For a lighter sauce with less calories, you can substitute mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt.
- In case you want to make this creamy sauce a vegan one, using vegan mayonnaise for this recipe is a great option.
- For spicier taste add more sriracha and chili garlic sauce, and for sweeter flavor add more honey or maple syrup, and less sriracha to this homemade version of bang bang sauce! You can easily regulate spice level.
- Pro tip: In case you are using a homemade mayonnaise for the first time in this sauce, then you can keep bang bang sauce in the fridge for just a week. Homemade mayo usually doesn’t last for long.