This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Preparing fresh dressings and sauces at home is the ultimate way to elevate your culinary experience. Cilantro-lime vinaigrette is one of the easiest dressings to add a burst of exotic flavors to your meals!
Why not satisfy your taste buds with a zesty cilantro-lime dressing? Such a creation is simply crafted with tangy lime juice, zesty cilantro leaves, garlic, olive oil, and a touch of honey.
The hint of the latter balances out the blend of fresh cilantro and zesty lime juice. It is absolutely refreshing to drizzle over your salads or apply as a marinade!
Tasty Cilantro Lime Dressing
Table of Contents
What to Love About This Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
Simple and Quick to Make
People who have not tried making their own dressings from scratch are convinced that it is way better to purchase store-bought ones.
However, this is not true since salad dressings and marinades are the easiest to prepare. Take our recipe, for example.
To make this homemade cilantro lime dressing, you will need a handful of simple ingredients and one effortless step. It’s that easy!
Healthy and Flavorful
Besides, the harmonious blend of lime juice, fresh cilantro, olive oil, and honey, is not only amazingly delicious but also exceptionally healthy.
This dressing is packed with clean and nutritious ingredients good for your overall health. Besides, it is ideal for vegans and those following gluten-free and dairy-free diets.
This popular cilantro lime vinaigrette is enjoyed in various ways. It can be drizzled and tossed over salads, chicken, and steak, or even used as a secret seafood marinade.
No matter the way you settle on using it. This refreshing vinaigrette will not disappoint!
How to Serve This Tangy Lime Vinaigrette
This vibrant vinaigrette has an incredibly tasty flavor that suits a variety of salads and dishes.
Starting oith salads. This easy lime vinaigrette recipe would definitely elevate your regular salads when used as a tangy dressing. It can be tossed over Cucumber Avocado Salad Recipe and Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Besides using this citrusy cilantro lime vinaigrette as a dressing, it can also be used as a light marinade. So, before you decide on grilling chicken or steak, don’t skip over marinating them in the goodness of this creation.
More of its uses would be drizzling it over roasted veggies to add a hint of flavor and turn the classic roast veggie dish into a delightful one!
Also, Mexican food has a fair share of this wholesome cilantro lime vinaigrette which pairs perfectly with tacos when it is utilized as a flavorsome taco sauce.
Simple, Healthy, and Versatile
Tips and Tricks
You can change the consistency if you ought to, or reduce the zesty flavor by adding other ingredients. For instance, installing half an avocado in the vinaigrette would grant it a saucy consistency, which would be ideal for tacos and burritos. Also, pouring yogurt into the vinaigrette would make the perfect salad dressing.
The hint of sweetness derived from honey is crucial for balancing out the acidity in the vinaigrette. However, if honey is not available, feel free to add maple syrup, sugar, or even agave.
Make sure to use good-quality olive oil. However, if it is not accessible, you can switch it up with neutral oils like avocado oil.
For a kick of heat, add to the mixture a bit of chili flakes, jalapeño, or hot sauce.
The vinaigrette must be well-emulsified, but do not fully smash the cilantro.
Right before using the vinaigrette, give it a good shake to ensure the combination of ingredients.
You can give it a quick taste to adjust the ingredients once you are fully done.
Preparing the vinaigrette ahead of time may allow the separation of ingredients. Therefore, it is absolutely required to shake the jar of vinaigrette well before using it.
Frequently Asked Questions
For proper storage, place the vinaigrette in a clean air-tight container in the fridge.
When stored properly, it would stay for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Absolutely! But for a better experience, prepare some whenever needed.
It is not a big deal. You can chop the cilantro and add it to a glass jar with the rest of the ingredients. Then, mix them well until the vinaigrette is fully emulsified.
It is fine. However, you will not get the desired flavor. Meaning that the herbaceous flavor of the fresh cilantro would be absent.
Honey is an essential ingredient responsible for balancing out and controlling the tangy flavors. However, you can absolutely use either agave, maple syrup, or even sugar instead of honey.
Zesty and Fresh
- Fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
- White vinegar
- Lime juice
(Scroll down for recipe details)
Other Dressings and Salads:
- Instant Soy Dressing Recipe
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Egg Salad with Mustard Dressing
- Honey Mustard Dressing
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing
- Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Healthy Pasta Salad and Dressing
- Houston’s Kale Salad Copycat Recipe
- Roasted Eggplant with Burrata Salad Recipe
- Greek Salad with Marinated and Grilled Chicken Recipe
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 Blender
- Place the cilantro leaves in a blender along with lime juice, honey, minced garlic, and white vinegar.
- Blend the ingredients for some time or until you have completely chopped the cilantro.
- Run the blender on low speed, pour the olive oil in.
- Once you are ensured that the mixture is completely emulsified, add salt to it.
- You can taste the vinaigrette to test if it needs to be altered before transferring it an air-tight container.
- The hint of sweetness derived from honey is crucial for balancing out the acidity in the vinaigrette. However, if honey is not available, feel free to add maple syrup, sugar, or even agave.
- Make sure to use good-quality olive oil. However, if it is not accessible, you can switch it up with neutral oils like avocado oil.
- For a kick of heat, add a bit of chili flakes, jalapeño, or hot sauce to the combination.
- The vinaigrette must be well-emulsified, but do not fully smash the cilantro.
- Right before using the vinaigrette, give it a good shake to ensure the combination of ingredients.