The Most Elegant Holiday Classic Cookies!
Wish Everyone a Merry Christmas with These Splendid Cookies
Holidays, in general, and Christmas, in particular, often correlate with the sensational smells of baking coming from kitchens around the world. This Easy Christmas Butter Cookies recipe is one that lives up to such holiday vibes.
The idea of butter cookies is hardly a novice. They are a true staple of the season! And you’d love baking those Easy Christmas Butter Cookies in batches to be on hand for guests. You can offer them to share the spirit of the season with your beloved ones. Even Santa gets cookies to energize him on his one-night journey.
A Means of Showing Love and Peacefulness
Decorating Your Favorite Christmas Cookies
However, they are still not Christmas cookies until you drizzle some holiday sprinkles on their top. Here, all you need is a bunch of Christmas sprinkles… And the magic happens!
Common Inquiries about This Recipe
Yes, definitely! You can keep them in an air-tight container. They will keep for a week in the refrigerator and for a month in the freezer.
Unfortunately, no! To get the creamy texture of these Christmas butter cookies, you must use butter.
Always opt for good quality butter for this cookie recipe. Any good brand fits. Just make sure it is unsalted.
If you have some extra cookie dough, you can enfold it in a plastic wrap and keep in the freezer to bake it later on.
Pro Tips for the Best Results
A Colorful Assortment of Fancy Butter Cookies
Simple Ingredients for a Yummy Batch of Christmas Cookies
Egg: You just need to use the yolk. Make sure it is at room temperature.
Butter: Unsalted butter is optimal in this recipe.
Easy Steps to Make the Christmas Butter Cookies
Preparing the Cookie Dough
Shaping and Baking the Christmas Butter Cookies
Check these Affiliate Links for Other Holiday Treats
- Lebanese Maamoul Cookies
- Gooey Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- 10 Minute Air Fried Viral Breakfast Cookie
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Viral Chocolate Rice Cake Bites with Peanut Butter
- Brownie Baked Oatmeal (gluten free- Vegan)
Easy Christmas Butter Cookies
Preparing the Dough
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- With an electric mixer or by hand, mix the sugar, butter, egg yolk and vanilla till you get a creamy mixture.
- Then, add the flour and mix just until it is fully incorporated into the blend.
- Flour a clean work surface (as a large piece of parchment paper), and roll out the dough very thin using a rolling pin.
- Cut the flattened dough into desired shapes, re-shaping and re-rolling the dough as needed after each batch to get the most cookies.
Baking the Christmas Butter Cookies
- With a small spatula, place the cut cookies onto a room temperature baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on a cookie tray.
- Place the tray on the center wire rack of the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 6-10 minutes until the edges become slightly golden.
- You can make various shapes of the cookies so that the recipe fits any holiday season.
- Before adding the flour to the dough mixture, make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the flour gradually and in portions to the butter mixture.
- Place the cookies apart from each other when you put them on the sheet or tray.
- Leave the cookies to cool completely before decorating them.
- PRO TIP: You can wrap the cookies or box them as a special gift for your beloved ones on this special day.
Omg this is so Annoying. Put the recipe on the page. Where I can see it. All these adds and I just want some ingredients
Hi Brit, I am so sorry to hear you had a hard time finding the recipe. If you go to the top of the page you will see “jump to recipe”. Tap it and it will take you right to the recipe card. I will work on reducing the ads.