This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This banana bread is as easy as they get! All you need are 9 simple ingredients you most likely have available in your home and one bowl and you will have yourself a delicious, fluffy, refined sugar free Easy One Bowl Banana Cake!
Wake up a little early and surprise your family with the aromatic smell of baked cake with freshly brewed coffee. How sweet is that!
Get Ready to Fall in Love with Banana Cake!
So, you will notice there is another banana cake version on my blog and I will be testing more easy banana bread recipes and adding them to the blog! Why? Because we cannot get enough of banana bread, especially the easy recipes.
I like to include options for individuals who are looking for refined sugar free treats, some for vegans and for some who sometimes like a little cinnamon in their banana bread.
An Easy and Delicious Recipe
I personally love to bake, but I don’t like when recipes are too complicated. Although I’m up for the challenge when I have the time, which I really don’t have much of lately lol, I really get motivated to jump in the kitchen and bake when the ingredients and steps are simple.
Therefore, I am sure you are going to really enjoy this Easy One Bowl Banana Bread as much as my family and I do! This might be the “Best Banana Bread Recipe” you will make!
Best Way to Put Ripe Bananas to Good Use
Why is Banana Cake Such a Popular Treat?
For starters, it’s a great way to use ripe bananas. It happens to all of us: You buy an attractive looking bunch of bananas at the supermarket excited that your family will devour them. Only to have them sit on the table or countertop for a week because everyone suddenly isn’t in the mood for bananas lol. Well, look at it as a point of opportunity! No bananas gone to waste!
Another reason is that banana cakes or breads are a staple for winter months. There’s just something soul-warming about a yummy banana cake topped with chocolate chips or walnuts, especially when eaten warm.
Because banana breads are associated with warmer months, their smell filling your home is another great reason to make them. Nothing like the family coming home from a long day of work/school to a house smelling like a yummy banana cake. Or waking up to the smell of a fresh banana cake sitting on the countertop waiting to be cut into!
The Smell will be Heavenly When it Fills Your Home
Best Ways to Serve Banana Cake
This simple One Bowl Banana Cake recipe is perfectly delicious served on its own. Especially on busy or rushed mornings, it makes the perfect on-the-go breakfast substitute. It’s also great for the lunchbox snack! But if you’re serving it as a main dessert for your family or on special occasion, here are a few ideas.
First, and by popular demand, if you’re serving the banana bread warm, it goes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It could really be any flavor of your favorite ice cream. But, there’s just something about a warm piece of banana cake topped with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, YUM!
Second, you can top pieces of banana cake with whip cream and your favorite toppings. A dollop or spray of whip cream and then some chocolate shavings perhaps. Or, a sprinkle of walnuts or chocolate chips. Whatever your heart desires!
Finally, you can top your piece of banana cake with your favorite fresh fruits or jams and jellies. Spread some strawberry jam on your piece and top it with some fresh strawberry pieces and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I know that when you have too many leftover ripe bananas you really want to use them up. But using more bananas than a recipe calls for can make the bread or cake damp and heavy in the center, so it’s best you don’t.
It works like yeast in this case, helping the cake or loaf to rise.
It’s the oil that makes them fluffy and moist, so be sure to use the right amount and a good quality oil.
You can peel them and store them in freezer-safe bags to use for smoothies later on.
Use the ripest bananas for a great consistency.
When you mash bananas and begin to add other ingredients, make sure you use a folding technique instead of a blending one.
If you’re adding chocolate chips or walnuts, add them right before you put the pan in the oven.
Substitute sugar with honey to make a sugar-free version and still get that touch of sweetness.
You can use almond flour or any other flour that would help make this cake gluten-free.
Olive oil can be used if you don’t want to use avocado or canola like mentioned in my recipe. Just be careful to note that oils have different cooking temps and can affect final flavor.
Bake and Share with Loved Ones!
Ingredients in Easy One Bowl Banana Cake
- all-purpose flour
- medium bananas
- eggs room temperature
- honey or sugar
- oil canola, or avocado oil
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (optional)
Nothing Like a Golden Banana Cake
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make Easy One Bowl Banana Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 2 medium sized loaf pans or one round loaf pan.
2. In a bowl mash the 3 peeled bananas very well. Add to them the eggs and whisk together until well combined using a fork. Now, add in the milk, oil, honey and vanilla extract and whisk well until combined.
3. Add in the 3 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and add the chocolate chips over the flour so that they are coated with flour as you whisk. This helps to keep the chocolate chips from falling to the bottom of the pan.
4. Place the mixture in the 2 loafs or a round cake pan. Garnish with more chocolate chips (optional). Place in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes. Allow the cake to rest for 10 minutes before care slicing!
Other Recipes You May Want To Try
- SIX INGREDIENT-CREAMY CHOCOLATE FUDGESICLES
- CHOCOLATE COFFEE AVOCADO PUDDING
- SOFT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- CANTALOUPE MORA SMOOTHIE
- AVOCADO SMOOTHIE
- LOW CARB TURMERIC CAKE – SFOOF
- GOOEY MARSHMALLOW COOKIES
- DATE STUFFED BRIOCHE
- OSMALIYI DESSERT
Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 2 medium sized loaf pans or one round loaf pan.
- In a bowl mash the 3 peeled bananas very well. Add to them the eggs and whisk together until well combined using a fork. Now, add in the milk, oil, honey and vanilla extract and whisk well until combined.
- Add in the 3 cups of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and add the chocolate chips over the flour so that they are coated with flour as you whisk. This helps to keep the chocolate chips from falling to the bottom of the pan.
- Place the mixture in the 2 loafs or a round cake pan. Garnish with more chocolate chips (optional). Place in the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes. Allow the cake to rest for 10 minutes before carefully slicing!