This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you like eggs for breakfast, you must try them with pesto! With this wonderful Easy Pesto Eggs Recipe, you can take your normal breakfast egg dish to the next level!
All you need is basil pesto, eggs, salt, and your favorite bread toast. Most importantly, you are going to have the best breakfast ever in less than 8 minutes!
Rise and Shine; it’s Time for Some Scrumptious Pesto Eggs!
What’s So Special About Pesto Eggs?
Amy Wilichowski posted this amazing egg recipe on TikTok, and it quickly went viral. It has received almost 8 million views!
Even on hectic mornings, this recipe easily comes together for a delicious breakfast that looks and tastes wonderful. Enjoy a breakfast that is low in carbohydrates and rich in beneficial olive oil fats and protein.
Eggs with runny yolks are delectable and widespread, and they are the ideal addition to some pesto toast.
Pesto eggs are a fantastic way to finish off the last scoop of pesto because leftovers can be difficult to use up when they are in small amounts.
These pesto eggs are wonderful with a simple:
- Pinch of garlic powder, chili flakes, or red pepper flakes, and black pepper
- Some fresh basil leaves and fresh feta or ricotta cheese
- Cheddar cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot sauce drizzled on top
- Avocado, cut into slices and artfully lined up on top, improves the dish’s overall flavor and texture.
“Pesto-Perfect Eggs: A Flavor Fiesta to Start Your Day!”
Top Tips for the Best Pesto Eggs
In a cold pan, add pesto. Pesto has so much fat that if you add it to a hot pan, it will splatter. Starting with a cold pan and slowly heating it helps control the oil splatter.
Scramble the eggs with the pesto. The idea of frying the eggs with pesto instead of oil or butter is so versatile. So you can scramble the eggs or cook them another way.
Cooking your eggs over medium heat is important. A rubbery egg will result from too low heat, whereas an overheated egg will cause the white to burn before the yolk sets.
Cover your pan with a glass lid. By doing this, you can quickly figure out when the eggs are cooked to your preferences without having to raise the lid and let the steam out.
You can eat the pesto eggs on toast made from sweet potatoes for a gluten-free option, or you can just eat them on your own.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
It is ideal to serve these pesto eggs as soon as they are finished cooking. In this manner, everything will be completely fresh, and the yolks will be a little runny. They are made in about the same amount of time as a smoothie!
To prevent the eggs from sticking to the pan, use a nonstick pan or well-seasoned cast iron.
This is an excellent tip for frying eggs. You can place each egg in its own bowl, allowing you to inspect for any stray shell fragments and ensure that the yolk is still intact. The egg will then be carefully tipped into the pan to fry.
To store the pesto, cover it with olive oil and place it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Pesto does not freeze well because of its high oil content; thus, it is preferable to eat it fresh. Every day, prepare pesto eggs, combine it with meatballs, eat it with pasta, bake it with chicken, or use it as a pizza sauce.
Ingredients for Easy Pesto Eggs Recipe
Here are the ingredients needed to make the pesto egg recipe:
- Pesto: For this recipe, you can use your favorite store-bought or homemade Vegan Pesto Sauce.
- Eggs: Use free-range eggs since they have a beautiful color and a better flavor.
- Bread: For a wonderful crunch, serve these pesto eggs over freshly toasted sourdough slices. Other types of toasted bread will also work well.
- Seasoning: Although this is optional, the pepper flakes give the dish a great color and spice kick. To season, you can simply use salt and pepper, or you could add a little paprika.
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Egg-citing Pesto Breakfast: Bursting with Flavor and Nutrition!
Other Breakfast Ideas For You:
- Gluten-Free Zaatar Flat Bread (No Yeast)
- Open Faced Avocado Toast with Boiled Eggs
- Homemade Protein Jam Bars
- Cinnamon Roll Brioche Toast Casserole
- Brioche Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- Ful (Foul) Medames
- Oatmeal Pudding With a Twist
- Turkish Eggs (Cilbir) Breakfast
- Almond Milk Strawberry Pancakes (Dairy Free)
- Sheet Pan Pumpkin Pancakes
Easy Pesto Eggs Recipe
- nonstick pan
- 2 tablespoon pesto
- 2 eggs
- 2 sourdough, pieces
- ½ avocado, optional
- ¼ tomato, optional
- red pepper flakes, pinch, optional
- salt, pinch
- Place the pesto in a cool pan and spread it out with a spoon into an even circle that is larger than your egg. Then, reduce the heat to low.
- Crack the eggs over the pesto and spoon some pesto on top of the whites.
- Cover with a glass lid and cook for about one and a half minutes, or until the whites are opaque.
- If desired, top your toasted sourdough with avocado and tomato slices.
- Top with the pesto eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then top with optional red pepper flakes before serving.