It’s time to say goodbye to dry, crumbly gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. These Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, buttery, and just the right amount of sweet. They are quick to make and don’t need to chill! They’re the best, and no one knows they’re gluten-free!
Perfect Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Unlike other gluten-free cookies which tend to be crumbly, dry, and super sweet, these gluten-free chocolate chip cookies have the perfect texture.
Why You’ll Love These Gluten-free Chip Cookies
Chewy, Buttery, and just the Right Amount of Sweet
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Both the shaped dough and the cookies freeze beautifully. I almost always have a batch of cookies and a batch of cookie dough disks in my freezer.
You can bake them from frozen, but if you do, I recommend pressing the raw cookie dough disks flatter, as they will spread less if baked from frozen. You should also increase the baking time by a minute or two.
These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are made with all the good stuff: butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. However, you may be able to make them using a sugar substitute. You can substitute coconut sugar for brown sugar.
If your gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are flat, it could be because the butter was melted or just too greasy when you made the cookie dough, or it could be because your cookie dough was too warm. Remember that your cookie dough must be at least cold before baking, or the fat will melt too quickly, resulting in flat cookies.
Bite Into Pools of Melted Chocolate
Golden and Irresistible
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
Other Gluten-free Recipes You Must Try:
- Gluten-Free Crepes
- Perfect Gluten-Free French Toast
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffin
- Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Cake
- Chocolate Cloud Bread-Viral TikTok Bread (Gluten Free- High Protein- Low Calorie)
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Naan Bread
- Brownie Baked Oatmeal (gluten-free- Vegan)
- Gluten-Free Flat Bread-10 Minute Dough (No Yeast)
- Gluten-Free Zaatar Flat Bread (No Yeast)
- Gluten Free All Purpose Dough (Quick 10-Minute Dough)
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour Use a good quality
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum Omit of your gluten-free flour blend contains it
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the brown sugar again to combine, breaking up any lumps in the brown sugar. If you find a lot of lumps, try breaking them up with the tines of a fork.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then add the butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. To make this step quicker, you can use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Divide the cookie dough into 21 portions and roll each into a 1 ½-inch-diameter ball. (and about 50 grams each).
- Press each dough ball into a ½-inch thick disk and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- As you roll the dough, if desired, add a few more chocolate chips to each ball and roll them into the dough.
- Refrigerate the shaped cookie dough for at least 12 hours before baking to ensure the thickest cookies with the best flavor and color.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and, one at a time, place the baking sheets in the center of the preheated oven.
- Bake the cookies until they are golden brown around the edges, light golden brown throughout, and set in the center. (about 12 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, or until firm, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.