Cozy Fall holiday season is here, so let’s get ready for Homemade Apple Pie Spice Blend! It’s a simple and delicious way to add warm, aromatic, fragrant autumnal spices to pies, cookies, smoothies, tarts, breads, and so much more tasty dishes.
Apple pie spice is a simple and easy-to-make mix of warm spices such as cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, and ginger that adds aroma and flavor to so many recipes! Make this essential Fall spice blend for all your happy holiday cooking and baking!
Aromatic Apple Spice Blend
Why Should You Make This Apple Pie Spice Mix?
It’s so much less expensive to make your own apple pie spice mix. And the main ingredients of common spices recipes can be bought at any local grocery store!
Also, this spice mix makes an excellent gift when stored in a small jar or cute spice jars with one of your favorite and adorable free printable labels.
Making homemade spice blend is easy to do! It’s a great way to customize your favorite flavors by adding more or less of each spice. You’ll have the best apple pies ever using this blend!
If you use freshly ground spices, then your own spice blends should keep for up to a year, stored in a tightly sealed container or mason jars at room temperature.
How to Use Homemade Apple Pie Spice Blend
There are so many delicious ways to use apple pie spice blend this fall season! It’s such a great recipe! Here are some interesting ideas you might like:
- Mix a little bit of your homemade apple pie spice mix into a bowl of Chia Pudding Recipe, cookie dough, and Brownie Baked Oatmeal (gluten free- Vegan).
- Add a few teaspoons of delicious apple pie mix to Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Apple Pie Roll Ups.
- Use your homemade spice mix in Classic Apple Crisp with Oats and Cinnamon and S’mores Cheesecake Trifle.
- Sprinkle this apple spice mix over ice cream, sweet potatoes, apple bread, No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Energy Bites and to apple dessert such as Irresistible Apple Nachos.
- You can surely use this apple pie spice mix recipe as a great addition in your morning bowl of oatmeal porridge, add into your favorite apple recipes such as pancakes, waffles, crunchy French toast, homemade applesauce, or your refreshing apple smoothie or even apple juice.
- Add a pinch of DIY apple pie spice mix to a cup of hot coffee or hot cocoa! It will taste so delicious and the aroma will fill up the whole room with cozy fall flavors.
Freshly Baked Apple Pie
Is Apple Pie Spice the Same as Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Not exactly but pretty much close. They both have 3 basic bulk spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
However, apple pie spice has added allspice and cardamom to it, while pumpkin spice has ground cloves added to the mix.
Top Tips for the Best Apple Pie Spice Blend
- This recipe can be easily doubled or halved to make more or less apple pie spice blend. Also, you can make a small or a big batch.
- You can easily use apple pie spice in pumpkin recipes! The taste will be so delicious and there won’t be a huge difference. Homemade spice mixes are awesome!
- In case you don’t have ground spices, you can use a spice grinder for your blend spices.
- For best results, don’t forget to use a measuring spoon to measure the exact amount of ingredients for your apple pie spice recipe.
- Make sure to check the expiration date and time of your purchase of every single spice you are using in this DIY blend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store it in an airtight container and keep the spice container out of direct sunlight.
Use ground spices in case you don’t have a spice grinder that can grind the spices into a fine powder.
Since this is a seasonal spice recipe, it’s best to whip a fresh jar of apple pie spice mix each year.
Who Can Resist These Bright Colors?
Ingredients for Homemade Apple Pie Spice Recipe
- Cinnamon: large amounts of ground cinnamon are the basic ingredient of the apple spice blends. Altogether this mix is essentially a combination of cinnamon with a few warm spices: the sweet and woody fragrance of cinnamon adds coziness to all other flavors.
- Nutmeg: ground nutmeg is warm and slightly nutty spice often used in baking especially during pumpkin spice season. Such a great spice in this easy homemade apple pie spice recipe!
- Ginger: ginger powder is sweet and spicy with mild hints of citrus. It pairs just wonderfully with apple pie spice mix!
- Allspice: despite the name, allspice tastes like a combination of several different spices (nutmeg, pepper, cloves and cinnamon). In this standard apple pie spice recipe, it’s a nice addition.
- Cardamom: it adds an aromatic warm flavor of mint and pepper along with other warm spices.
How to Make Homemade Apple Pie Spice Blend
First, gather and measure all your spices.
Second, mix it all together in a small bowl.
Once they are well combined, place the blend in a sealable jar or container.
The autumnal spice is ready to be used in any dish you wish!
Other Spice Blends Recipes
- Seven Spices Recipe
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Blend
- Homemade Gingerbread Spice Mix
- How to Make Taco Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Spice Blends: Garam Masala Spice Mix
Homemade Apple Pie Spice Blend
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- First, gather and measure all your spices.
- Second, mix it all together in a small bowl.
- Once they are well combined, place the blend in a sealable jar or container.
- The autumnal spice is ready to be used in any dish you wish!
Leave a Reply