This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Say hello to pure bliss on a spoon: Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream! This frozen treat is more than just a tasty treat; it becomes a guilt-free joy that nourishes both your body and soul. It is packed with vital vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats from peanut butter, as well as naturally boosting potassium and energy from bananas.
This delicious dessert is also ideal for sharing happy moments with loved ones, making it more than just a personal treat. As you move the ice cream bowl from hand to hand at the dinner table, everyone will be giggling and enjoying the joyful experience. It’s a dessert that brings people together and creates lasting memories that you’ll cherish forever.
Peanut Butter + Banana = Ice Cream Magic!
A Healthy Option
Enjoy the satisfaction of a guilt-free indulgence with peanut butter banana ice cream! This delectable frozen dessert combines peanut butter’s nutty flavor with the creamy smoothness of ripe bananas. It’s a match made in dessert heaven!
Peanut butter adds protein and good fats, while ripe bananas provide a boost of potassium, vitamin C, and fiber. The best part? No added sugars! This delicious combination proves that you can have a tasty treat without compromising your health. So, treat yourself to a scoop (or two) of this magical ice cream and enjoy the natural sweetness dancing on your taste buds.
Just remember, moderation is the secret to enjoying this symphony of flavors to the fullest!
Ready in A Blink of An Eye
For a simple and quick dessert fix, look no further! Simply freeze ripe bananas, blend them with peanut butter, and voilà!
Your delicious treat is ready in minutes! No complicated steps or lengthy processes—just pure creamy goodness to satisfy your sweet cravings in a flash.
You can make this wonderful ice cream at home in just a few easy steps. There is no need to learn any cooking techniques or endure hours of waiting.
This recipe is a go-to choice for a quick and delectable dessert experience that is sure to please both kids and adults!
Frozen Delight in Winter
Peanut butter banana ice cream can be made and enjoyed during the winter season. Despite the fact that ice cream is typically associated with summer, you don’t have to wait for warm weather to enjoy this delightful treat.
While peanut butter banana ice cream is a refreshing and delightful treat on its own, you can get creative with winter-themed variations to make it even more enjoyable during the colder months. Here are a few ideas:
Winter Spice: To give your ice cream a warm and inviting winter flavor, sprinkle it with warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom.
Chocolate Drizzle: To add a touch of luxury and transform the smooth ice cream into a treat fit for a winter wonderland, sprinkle some melted dark chocolate over it.
Caramel Swirls: Elevate the sweetness with a decadent caramel swirl that harmonizes well with the flavors of banana and peanut butter.
Roasted Marshmallows: For a delicious s’mores-inspired treat, sprinkle roasted marshmallows on top of your ice cream to capture the cozy feel of winter nights.
Scoops of Joy
Before blending, peel and slice the bananas, then freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This prevents them from sticking together, making it easier to blend them smoothly later.
For a creamier, healthier texture, choose natural peanut butter without additional sugars or oils. The natural oils in the peanut butter will add to the ice cream’s smoothness.
Combine the peanut butter and frozen bananas in a blender and process until smooth. Overblending can make the mixture overly soft, necessitating further freezing time.
A modest teaspoon of salt can heighten the flavors and balance the ice cream’s richness, improving the overall flavor.
When frozen for a long time, homemade ice cream may become fairly stiff. Allow it to slightly soften at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping to make serving easier.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, peanut butter banana ice cream is vegan-friendly, as it contains no dairy products or animal-derived ingredients.
While a blender is the most convenient way to achieve a smooth consistency, you can also use a food processor or a high-quality immersion blender to make peanut butter banana ice cream.
Stored in an airtight container in the freezer, homemade peanut butter banana ice cream can last up to 2-3 months. However, for the best taste and texture, it’s recommended to consume it within a few weeks.
Yes, you can make the ice cream ahead of time and store it in the freezer. Just remember to let it soften for a few minutes before serving for easier scooping.
PB & Banana Bliss
- Ripe bananas
- Natural peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Honey or maple syrup
- Cacao powder
- Crushed nuts, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
- No Churn Biscoff Ice Cream
- Three-Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Best Iced Coffee with Keurig or Nespresso
- Peanut Butter Coffee
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Acai Peanut Butter Shake
- 2 Ingredient Glazed Mini Donuts
- Top 10 Blender Ice Cream Recipes
- Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Cake
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ½ cup natural peanut butter, without added sugars or oils
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teablespoons honey or maple syrup , for added sweetness, if desired
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder , for a chocolatey twist
- 1 pinch salt, to enhance flavors
- crushed nuts, chocolate chips, or fresh fruits, for toppings
- Peel the bananas and slice them into small pieces.
- Place the banana slices in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the banana slices for at least 2-3 hours or until they are firm.
- Take the frozen banana slices out of the freezer. In a blender or food processor, add the frozen banana slices and natural peanut butter.
- Optional: If using additional flavorings like vanilla extract, honey, cocoa powder, or salt, add them to the blender as well.
- Blend the ingredients on high speed until they become smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender to ensure everything is well blended.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness or flavors as per your preference. You can add more honey, cocoa powder, or any other ingredient to suit your taste.
- Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, you can serve the peanut butter banana ice cream immediately for a soft-serve consistency.
- For a firmer texture, transfer the mixture to an airtight container and place it in the freezer for another 1-2 hours.
- Before serving, you can top your peanut butter banana ice cream with crushed nuts, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit to add extra texture and flavors.
- Scoop out the ice cream into bowls or cones and enjoy your homemade peanut butter banana ice cream!
- Before blending, peel and slice the bananas, then freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This prevents them from sticking together, making it easier to blend them smoothly later.
- For a creamier, healthier texture, choose natural peanut butter without additional sugars or oils. The natural oils in the peanut butter will add to the ice cream’s smoothness.
- Combine the peanut butter and frozen bananas in a blender and process until smooth. Overblending can make the mixture overly soft, necessitating further freezing time.
- A modest teaspoon of salt can heighten the flavors and balance the ice cream’s richness, improving the overall flavor.