This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This recipe will definitely be one of your favorites!! A little spin to your ordinary stuffed portabella mushrooms, I added rotini pasta and imitation crab that will escalate your take on appetizers!
I really love mushrooms and I thought what better way to reverse the process of adding mushrooms to our pasta than adding pasta to our mushrooms? I took a shot at it and it truly blew us away!
What goes in the stuffed mushrooms?
Simple ingredients and no need to cook any of them over the stove top! Check out my tips of the bottom for how my pasta was ready in 60 seconds and required NO stove top!
- Rotini Pasta
- Imitation Crab
- Cream Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Olive oil
About the pasta!
I found these incredible pasta pouches by Barilla that are pre-cooked! All you have to do is place the pasta in the microwave for 60 seconds and it is READY! I know… this is awesome! Listen anything that saves me time makes so happy. It frees me up to do other things.
How To Prep?
- First, you want to remove the mushroom caps and slightly remove the insides of the mushroom for space
- Wash the portabella mushrooms and pat dry
- Using one bowl you will mix all of the ingredients that will be placed inside each mushroom
- BAKE! That’s it!
Let me add what a great addition these will be to your family dinners, pot lucks, parties, and just because!
Low Carb Option: You can omit the pasta and the breadcrumbs if you are watching your carbs and I promise you they will turn out to be JUST as good!
Portabella mushrooms have a high amount of antioxidants! It also includes Beta glucan which is a form of soluble dietary fiber that’s been strongly linked to improving cholesterol and boosting heart health. Source: Healthline
Recipe you may want to try
- Cauliflower Tahini Bake
- The Best Bean Taco Pie
- Meat and Veggie Alaskan Roll
- Easy Gooey Marshmallow Cookies
- Kale Salad with Caramelized Onions
Rotini Crab Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- 8 large Portabella mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups cooked rotini pasta
- 1 12 oz imitation crab
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat over to 35F
- Clean mushroom caps then pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the stems, then use a spoon to slightly and carefully scrape out the gills. Place the mushroom cap side down, on a prepared baking sheet greased with cooking oil spray.
- In a bowl mix the prepared rotini pasta, cream cheese, parmesan, bread crumbs, imitation crab, parsley and garlic. Fill the caps with about 2-3 tablespoons of the mix.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Enjoy warm