Mexican Chicken Zucchini Skillet
Perfect addition for Mexican food night or Taco Tuesdays!
- 3 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or chicken tenders cut into 1" pieces
- 14 ounce can of corn drained
- 1 large yellow squash diced
- 2 large zucchini diced
- 14 ounce can of black beans drained
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
Preheat large skilled on medium heat, add in the oil. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
Move vegetables to the side of the skillet and add chicken. Add the cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add corn, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, and taco seasoning. Stir, cover, and cook on low-medium for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for a few minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with cilantro. Serve hot. Enjoy it on it’s own or with rice, chickpea pasta, or quinoa.
Calories: 406kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 37gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 770mgPotassium: 1442mgFiber: 12gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1155IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 195mgIron: 4mg