This Creamy Chickpea Curry Stew is a hearty and tasty meal that can be ready in less than 25 minutes! It is creamy, rich and I consider this healthy. It has a lot of the flavors your pallet needs especially when it swims in warm pasta or rice. Yummy!
For all my vegan readers, you can totally enjoy this by simply omitting the beef!
The steps to prepare
First you want to thaw out your ground beef if you have it in the freezer. Dice up your onions and tomatoes and set them aside. Drain the chickpeas and wash them. Let them sit to drain while you open your coconut cans. Be sure to wash the top of your cans before opening since there may be some dirt on top.
The list of ingredients…
- Pasta or Rice
- Ground Beef
- Coconut Milk
- curry spice
Creamy Chickpea Curry Stew
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cans chickpeas drained
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 medium tomato cubed
- 1 tablespoon curry spice
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon non gmo corn starch or arrow root
- salt to taste
- In a medium pot on high heat add the cubed onions and saute' for about 2 minutes. Add in the ground beef and continue to saute' for about 5 minutes. Add in the drained chickpeas, curry, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt.
- Remove the pot off of the heat for a minute. This will avoid the milk from clumping when we add the corn starch.
- Now add in the 2 cans of milk and corn starch. Stir immediately until corn starch has dissolved. Place back on stove top burner, on high heat, stir until coconut milk thickens a bit. Allow to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Enjoy with pasta (preferred) or warm rice of choice.