This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka) is still as lit as it was when it first went viral during quarantine days! This is the famous pasta dish made by the supermodel Gigi Hadid that went viral on social media, and it deserves all the hype! I prepared it without the vodka since we do not drink and it wouldn’t make sense since my kids would get tipsy LOL!
You could opt to make this Gigi Hadid Spicy Vodka Pasta recipe with the vodka as it is originally made. Either way, you’re going to be over-the-moon happy with how creamy, and full of flavor this pasta recipe is!
Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
This is the same recipe that Gigi Hadid used in her spicy vodka pasta recipe, which went viral on her Instagram story in 2020!
Gigi Hadid Pasta Recipe
Why You’ll Love this Pasta Recipe
- It’s quick and simple to prepare, and it’ll be on your table in 25 minutes.
- It’s a delicious vegetarian pasta recipe, and it might just become your new favorite pasta dish!
- This spicy vodka pasta recipe is a crowd-pleaser that can easily be made family-friendly.
- It uses simple ingredients that almost everyone has in their pantry!
- You can easily customize it to your preferences!
Gigi Hadid Viral Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe
Why all the Hype?
Well, that’s easy lol. It’s a great recipe shared by a wonderfully popular celebrity! Gigi herself has a loveable personality and stands for a lot more than just influential celebrity. But it’s also a popular dish, Spicy Pasta Alla Vodka (Spicy Vodka Pasta Sauce), and it’s packed with wonderful flavors.
Gigi Hadid’s Viral Spicy Pasta
So, it’s easy to see how Gigi Hadid’s Pasta Recipe became an instant hit with so many! Try it and you definitely won’t regret it. It’s an easy-to-make dish, it’s pasta (obvious but significant), and perfect for the young and old eaters in your home!
Gigi Hadid Pasta Ingredients
For Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta Recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
Pasta: Gigi used pasta shells. You could also use bowtie pasta or penne pasta. If you use penne, this becomes a Penne alla Vodka recipe. I prefer white pasta, but whole wheat pasta is also an option.
Oil: Extra virgin olive oil is the way to go for this recipe. It’s the perfect oil to sauté the flavorful ingredients in.
Aromatics: Onions combined with the nutty flavor of the garlic add a kick to the dish. You can use shallots if you like.
Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese adds a salty and umami flavor profile to the sauce, giving it a lot of depth.
Butter: Adding some butter makes this pasta dish richer.
Basil Leaves: Basil leaves boost the flavor of the dish.
Refer to the recipe card for quantities.
Frequently Asked Questions
There sure are! Just to name a few: white grape juice or apple juice mixed with a bit of lime juice, balsamic vinegar, or simply lemon and lime juice mixed with a bit of water.
Any pasta works! The pasta GiGi Hadid used are the shell pasta . Rorecchiette, spaghetti, bow ties, penne, rotini…they all work great!
Actually this recipe is known as Spicy Vodka Pasta and it originated in Italy. It is delicious pasta covered in velvety creamy tomato sauce with onions, garlic and mix in parmesan cheese. Gigi Hadid’s Pasta recipe is nothing new but since she made it and it went viral, it became known as GiGi Hadid Pasta!
Most of the ingredients are usually on hand and shallots can be substituted for red or white onions for convenience. It is super easy to make, delicious, and only takes 20 minutes!
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Saute the Onion
After boiling pasta, save some water for the sauce!
Add the butter, heavy cream, tomato paste, and pasta water
Throw in the pasta once sauce is ready
Mix Pasta into Sauce and Add Parmesan and Garnish before serving
- This pasta can be made using any type of pasta even though Gigi’s original recipe used shell pasta.
- You can use a white onion or red onion like Gigi did, or like the original recipe calls for: shallots.
- Adapt garnish as you wish; she used basil but you can use parsley or spinach
- You may also like to add some protein to the dish like ground meat, cubed or shredded chicken, or even some seared shrimp.
- For some heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
- A special note: Don’t forget to reserve about a cup of your pasta cooking liquid for this dish. Add a little more pasta water if the sauce seems too thick after adding the pasta. This is why, even if the recipe only calls for 1/2 cup, I always keep at least one cup of the pasta water on hand.
Pin the Viral Pasta Recipe and Share!
Ingredients for Gigi Hadid’s Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
Steps to Prepare Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe
- First, cook pasta according to the package instructions. Save ½ cup of pasta water before draining. The starchy pasta water will make the sauce saucier. Set aside!
- Next, in a large saucepan on medium heat add the olive oil and cubed onions. Sauté’ the onions for a few minutes until translucent then add in the minced garlic and sauté’ for another 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add in 1/2 cup tomato paste, heavy cream, butter, pasta water, (some add vodka), crushed red pepper (optional) parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Finally, add in your cooked pasta and mix in with the sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
RECIPES YOU MAY WANT TO TRY
- MEDITERRANEAN READY PASTA
- EFFORTLESS BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- MEXICAN CHICKEN ZUCCHINI SKILLET
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER MAC AND CHEESE
- TUNA PASTA SALAD
- THE BEST AMERICAN BEEF GOULASH
- TUNA SALAD
- TOMATO PARMESAN SPAGHETTI
- ROTINI CRAB STUFFED PORTABELLA MUSHROOMS
- CREAMY CHICKPEA CURRY STEW
- TACO MAC & CHEESE
Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
- Boil your pasta according to the package instructions. Save ½ cup of the pasta water before draining. The starchy pasta water will make the sauce saucier. Set aside!
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add the olive oil and cubed onions. Saute' the onions for a few minutes until translucent then add in the minced garlic and saute' for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, heavy cream, butter, pasta water, (some add vodka), crushed red pepper (optional) parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Add in your drained pasta and mix in with the sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!