Greek Salad on Roasted Garlic Naan Bread topped with creamy Yogurt Poppy Seed Dressing
You know when you really have something in mind and you just hope to make it and have it turn out exactly how you imagined it to taste? I had this Greek salad with mashed avocados on naan bread on my mind all week long. But I really wanted a dressing that would totally make what I imagined it to taste like come to life and… it did! 😍
One of the breads had a spread of mashed avocados, topped it with small diced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, sliced red onions, feta cheese, basil, and poppy seed. Let me tell you, if anything was heaven in your mouth, this was it!!!
What’s on the Naan Bread?
The dressing was so goood! It is a mix of Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and and salt! Just delicious! I made another naan bread topped with White Greek Poppy Seed dressing and mixed in the cucumbers then added the additional toppings! Such a fun and delicious variation!
What are the ingredients?
These ingredients are some you most likely have around in your kitchen! They include:
- Greek Yogurt
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- Purple onion
- Feta Cheese
- Poppy Seed
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Naan Bread- I used Tandoori garlic Naan but you can use plain if you would like
How To Prep?
- Very easy to prep! All you need to do is combine the ingredients for the poppy seed dressing and have that ready. Cut up your veggies then place them in a large plate or small individual plates. Heat the Naan bread for 2 minutes in the oven then begin assembling!
Avocados: Did you know avocados are loaded with nutrients and vitamins your body needs like vitamin K, B5, B6 and vitamin E. They contain more potassium than a banana and loaded with fiber which is excellent for your gut and digestive system. Their fat content may help you absorb more nutrients from plant foods which is befitting for this recipe! source: Healthline
Greek Yogurt: Yogurt is an excellent source of protein and probiotics. It includes Potassium, Calcium and B12 which are important to consume.
Recipes You May Want To Try!
- Fantastic Kale Dijon Salad
- Plant-based Chicken Salad with Barbecue Vinaigrette
- Tastiest Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
- Citrus Vinaigrette Strawberry Mango Kale Salad
- Roasted Eggplant Salad
- Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette Chef Salad
- Loaded Beef Shawarma Fries
- Lebanese Tabouli Salad
- Cinnamon and S’mores Cheesecake Trifle
- Kale Salad with Caramelized Onions
- Baked Cream Cheese- Glazed Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Garlic Salad on Roasted Garlic Tandoori Naan Bread
- 2 Tandoori Garlic Naan bread
- ½ hass avocado
- 1 cup cucumbers diced small
- ¼ cup red onions diced small
- ½ cup red cherry tomatoes diced or halved
- ¼ cup kalamata olives diced
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
Greek Dressing Poppy Seen Dressing
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed
- salt to taste
- basil for garnish
- Heat the naan bread in the oven at 350 F for 2 minutes or you can heat it over the stove top.
- Mash half of the hass avocado and slice the other half. Spread the mashed avocado on the warmed naan bread the begin topping with olives, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, feta, cherry tomatoes and basil. Top with the poppy seed dressing and enjoy!
- Another way to prepare this sandwich is to add cucumbers with the poppy seed dressing, spread the dressing on the warmed naan bread then top with the above mentioned ingredients. Slice the other half of the avocado and place on top! Garnish with basil and enjoy!