This No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert is THE treat you want to prepare for your family and friends this holiday season! They will be swooning over layers of fluffy cream cheese, ginger snap cookies and smooth velvety pumpkin pudding mix, then dazzled with caramel sauce and pecans!
Delicious Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
Whether you’ve got loads of extra pumpkin puree, want to enjoy fall flavors to the fullest, or are looking for something a bit different to serve after dinner at Thanksgiving, there are plenty of pumpkin desserts other than cookies and pumpkin pie!
A Must Try Dessert for Fall
If fall season has one undisputed icon, it’s the pumpkin. Pumpkin is more than just an ingredient. It evokes memories of holidays and crisp leaves and cool air, a sense of time and history, and a feeling of warmth.
Pumpkin’s natural sweetness goes well with desserts since you can combine it with brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, nuts, and baking spices. Either way, you’re ending up with a divine dessert everyone will be talking about for days!
Where Did “Pumpkins” Get their Name?
Look at this Pumpkin Delight!
Why We Love Pumpkin Lasagna
Pumpkin Lasagna is a simple make-ahead dessert that is ideal for Thanksgiving or other special occasions.
It has layers of gingersnap cookies, sweet cream cheese, flavorful pumpkin spice pudding, and is topped with roasty-toasty pecans.
It’s all drizzled with a quick caramel sauce, so each bite is a magical mix of all your favorite holiday flavors and textures. What’s not to love about all of that in one delectable dessert?
Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert Layers
Don’t think twice about what to make or bring to the next party or gathering you’re invited to, especially around Thanksgiving time where calendars are packed with festivities!
This Pumpkin Lasagna recipe is one that EVERY pumpkin lover will enjoy. It’s a delicious layered dessert that will impress your guests. With a ginger snap cookie layer, cream cheese layer, pumpkin and pudding layer, this recipe is sure to please your family!
This Pumpkin Delight recipe is made up of THREE delicious layers.
- Cream Cheese Layer: This layer includes cream cheese, heavy cream, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pumpkin Puree Layer: A layer including vanilla pudding, milk, pumpkin purée, and pumpkin spice.
Light, Smooth, & Creamy
Canned vs. Homemade Pumpkin Puree
There is not much of a difference between canned pumpkin and fresh pumpkin puree, as the ingredients on the back of the can will indicate. It will probably say pumpkin puree or steamed pumpkin puree.
Fresh foods are generally higher in nutrients than cooked or canned foods. Nevertheless, both fresh pumpkin and canned pumpkin are loaded with nutrients, including potassium, Vitamin A, and iron.
The canned version has a stronger pumpkin flavor and a silkier texture. It’s also easier to use during a busy holiday season. When using canned pumpkin, you can save time, and honestly, your recipes will taste just as good.
Drizzle Some Caramel Sauce & Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
To quickly soften cream cheese, cut it into small pieces and place it in a mixing bowl on the counter. Wrap a dish towel around the bottom of the bowl after it has been dampened with hot water. It should be ready to use in about 20 minutes!
This is a dessert that can be prepared a day or two ahead of time. In fact, preparing it and storing it in the fridge overnight before serving it the next day is great. It must sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
For 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, substitute ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ginger, allspice, cloves, or nutmeg (whatever you have!)
When serving, drizzle extra caramel sauce over each slice. It tastes fantastic when combined with pumpkin. Yum!
Use an offset spatula for spreading the layers and make sure it’s clean before starting a new layer.
You can substitute gingersnap cookies for golden Oreos. You can even use graham crackers for more depth of flavor and texture.
Don’t hesitate to add candy pumpkins, candy corn, or fall sprinkles on top for a decorative touch.
For Your Pumpkin Lasagna You Will Need
- Ginger snap cookies
- Cream Cheese
- heavy Cream
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Spice
- Vanilla Pudding
- Sweet Condensed Milk
- Caramel Sauce
Steps to Prep the Best Pumpkin Lasagna Recipe
Cream Cheese Layer
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the heavy cream. Continue mixing for about 4 minutes or until peak has formed. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
Pumpkin Pudding Layer
In a medium mixing bowl. whisk the packs of vanilla pudding with milk then mix in pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice.
How to Assemble the Lasagna Dessert
Construct the lasagna dessert, first layer will be the ginger snap then smooth over a layer of the cream cheese mix, then a layer of the pumpkin purée mix and repeat the same pattern. The top layer should be the cream cheese mix.
Top the cheesecake layer with a drizzle of caramel sauce and garnish with pecan. Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight for best results.
Other Desserts You Must Try
- 2 Ingredient Caramel Macchiato Whipped Cream
- Effortless Banana Bread Pudding
- Four-Ingredient Chia Seed Pudding
- Pecan and Cranberry Cheeseball Tray
- Middle-Eastern Pancakes (Atayif)
- Three-Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Satisfying Fruit Salad
- Sweet Potato Bake Filled With Walnuts
- Pan-Fried Honey Cinnamon Bananas
- Chocolate Coffee Avocado Pudding
No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna
- 60 small ginger snap cookies
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- ½ 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 3.4 oz vanilla pudding packages
- 3 cup milk
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- caramel sauce for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then add the heavy cream and continue mixing for about 4 minutes or until peak has formed. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the packs of vanilla pudding with milk then mix in pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice.
- Construct the lasagna dessert, first layer will be the ginger snap then smooth over a layer of the cream cheese mix, then a layer of the pumpkin purée mix and repeat the same pattern. The top layer should be the cream cheese mix.
- Top the cheesecake layer with a drizzle of caramel sauce and garnish with pecan. Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight for best results.