This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Having a sweet tooth is kind of a tricky ordeal; you just never know when that surgery craving will activate your taste buds! And when it does, achieving that delicious satisfaction is a must!
Contrary to popular beliefs, making sweets at home is quite easy to manage. Not only will you enjoy the homemade heavenly taste of your own creation, but you will also have the pleasure of experiencing the beauty of adding your own unique touch into a recipe.
I am certain you will fall in love with my Easy Three Ingredient Caramel sauce.
Drizzle-able Goodness in Three Ingredient Caramel Sauce!
You just know it is the best time of the year when everything shines with a golden halo. Fall’s welcoming party wouldn’t be the same without our favorite comfort food.
So cuddle up under your warmest blanket, put on your favorite rom-com, and enjoy a sweet drizzle of my simple caramel recipe over any of your favorite sugary treats!
Best Way to Store Three Ingredient Caramel Sauce
Because I am sure you are going to enjoy this fool-proof recipe, I come bearing all the answers, tricks, and tips to ease your concerns.
Adding to the fact that sometimes we can all be too swamped to indulge in a cooking session when the need hits, here’s how you can store caramel sauce for later enjoyment!
- After the caramel cools down, pour the liquid in tight lidded glass jars or air-tight containers.
- Store your jars in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks, or freeze for 2 months.
- Make sure you place it at room temperature before using.
Share It With Your Loved Ones!
To Dip or Not To Dip…
The best part about this creamy sauce, aside from being lick-the-spoon delicious, is how versatile it is! Drizzle it over some of those yummy treats, or watch the golden liquid overflow from an elegant dip. Here’s how you can enjoy this sweet caramel sauce:
A warm cup of steaming hot coffee makes just the right kick for a morning boost. Adding some caramel to your morning cup makes your morning just a bit sweeter. You can drizzle it over a latte, or add it to the sides of a glass when making an iced coffee or latte.
I can’t imagine a movie night where popcorn isn’t the star of the show. This essential snack is part of movie tradition, but there’s no harm in shaking the grounds a bit. Drizzle some caramel sauce over the popcorn with a light coating, and enjoy what that combination has to offer!
Inspired by the famous pairing of fruits dipped in chocolate, I encourage you to try dipping some of those natural sugars in caramel sauce. Dipping or drizzling some caramel sauce over apples, strawberries, and bananas will shock your sweet craving with something irresistible!
I have always loved the sweet and salty contradiction. It makes your taste buds deliciously confused, but oh so delighted! Try dipping salty treats into the caramel sauce, and discover where that flavorful revelation takes you!
There is absolutely no shame in dipping sugar in sugar! So go ahead and dip a fluffy marshmallow, a tempting piece of brownie, or drizzle some of the caramel sauce over your favorite scoop of ice cream. Let the sweet explosion rule over! You can also drizzle it over some ice cream and turn a plain ice cream into a sundae!
Sugar upon sugar
Tips for the Best Caramel Sauce
- Use a thick-bottomed pan which allows the heat to be distributed equally, and the sugar to cook evenly.
- Stick to medium heat, or else your caramel will burn. It’s always tempting to indulge in the quicker solution, but allow your caramel to thicken slowly over medium heat, and avoid the risk of burnt bits.
- Use room temperature cream. If you add cold cream to the mixture, then your sauce will seize. Of course you can fix the issue with continuous heating, but it will cost you a lot of unnecessary time.
- It’s very important to continually stir the caramel sauce when it begins to thicken to avoid having it stick or burn. This prevents affecting the flavor and creates for an even consistency as well.
Keep Stirring for the Desired Consistency
Frequently Asked Questions
There is always a solution for everything! In case your sauce does crystallize, simply pour ¼ cup of water, then bring the sugar back to a boil. This should help dissolve the crystals!
Once you store the caramel in the refrigerator, it solidifies. To reheat, you may either use a stove or a microwave for about 30-60 seconds, or until you reach the desired consistency.
You can keep your homemade caramel sauce in room temperature for about 3 days. Of course you can refrigerate your sauce for much later usage.
The 3 Ingredients you Need for the Caramel Sauce:
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- heavy cream
Follow these simple steps to make the best homemade Caramel Sauce
To a sauce pan add the sugar and water and bring to a boil until the sugar has turned golden brown..
Remove from heat then add in 1 cup heavy cream and 4-5 tablespoons unsalted butter.
Boil on medium heat stirring consistently for about 4 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and mix.
Allow the caramel to cool before indulging
Check Out These Appetizing Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Caramel Macchiato Whipped Cream
- Four-Ingredient Chia Seed Pudding
- Effortless Banana Bread Pudding
- Pecan and Cranberry Cheeseball Tray
- Middle-Eastern Pancakes (Atayif)
- Three-Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Satisfying Fruit Salad
- Simple Syrup (Ater)
- Easy Kunafa with Mozzarella Cheese
- Sweet Potato Bake Filled With Walnuts
- Pan-Fried Honey Cinnamon Bananas
- Six Ingredient-Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles
Easy Three Ingredient Caramel Sauce
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ stick butter, unsalted
- To a sauce pan add the sugar and water and bring to a boil until the sugar has turned golden brown.
- Remove from heat then add in 1 cup heavy cream and 4-5 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- Boil on medium heat stirring consistently for about 4 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and mix.
- Allow the caramel to cool before indulging