This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
In this recipe, breakfast meets dessert to make a delish combination that is definitely worth all the hype! This Brioche Custard Toast recipe comes together with only 5 ingredients and in under 20 minutes, and is perfect as a delicious and sweet breakfast, or as an afternoon snack! Give this custard toast a go!
Almost Too Gorgeous to Eat!
Brioche Yogurt toast, or brioche custard toast, is the newest viral Tiktok recipe — who could forget about Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta, Viral Air Fryer Pasta Chips, and the Viral Folded Tortilla Trend? This new Tiktok trend is also a winner! Here’s why!
What is Brioche Custard Toast?
Brioche Custard Toast has been popular in recent weeks especially on Tiktok. The concept is simple: combine plain yogurt and an egg to make a custard, then spread it on your favorite bread and top with whatever fruit you like. It’s very similar to baked French toast.
The New Breakfast Trend You Need to Try
Why You’ll Love this Recipe?
It’s very easy. If you want a quick and simple breakfast recipe or something different for brunch, this custard yogurt toast is a great option.
It tastes fantastic. It’s creamy and sweet to perfection (Your taste buds will thank you!).
It is adaptable. You can make the recipe higher in protein, change the toppings to whatever is in season, and top it with whatever fruit you want. Consider the recipe as a blank canvas to which you can add your own spin.
It’s fun! No more boring toast for breakfast! Be creative and experiment with your favorite toppings.
It’s kid friendly. Your kids will enjoy every bite!
This Custard Toast Is a Winner!
What You Will Need to Make this Custard Yogurt Toast
Bread: For this recipe, I used brioche toast. Feel free to use whatever kind of bread you like.
Egg: A medium-sized egg is perfect for this recipe.
Vanilla Extract: A small amount of vanilla extract gives the custard a nice flavor.
Honey: You need honey to drizzle over the yogurt for a dash of sweetness. if you don’t have honey, agave is a great alternative.
Fruits: Feel free to top the toast with your favorite fruits. However, blueberries and strawberries are the most common.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The custard should be slightly thick and no longer wobbly.
Sure! Follow the same steps but instead of baking in the oven, bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the air fryer.
Yes! If you like your custard toast to be slightly set, you can make it the night before and keep it in the fridge until breakfast.
If you want the bread to be a little crunchy on the bottom, toast it on the pan for a few minutes before serving!
Sweet to Perfection!
You can substitute your favorite type of bread for the toast (white, whole-wheat, seeded, gluten-free etc..). However, I recommend using a brioche bread because it can hold the yogurt custard and it tastes great.
You can use low fat or flavored yogurt if you like.
If you don’t want to use honey, try maple syrup, agave syrup, or even date syrup.
You can add fruit after the custard has baked.
You can top your toast with fresh berries, fresh fruits (bananas, strawberries, figs, etc.., or canned fruits.
Viral Custard Brioche Toast Ingredients
- brioche bread or toast
- plain or Greek yogurt
- Honey or agave
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon, optional
Step By Step Instructions
First, preheat oven to 350°F
Next, take the preferred a slice of bread and press it down in the center using a fork.
Then, in a small bowl whisk together yogurt, egg, vanilla, honey, and cinnamon.
Spread about 3 tablespoons of the custard mix onto the toast/bread of choice.
Place your favorite cut fruit and place it on top. (I enjoy strawberries or blueberries.)
After that, place the custard toast onto a lined baking sheet.
Bake the toast for 18 to 20 minutes until the custard is set. Bake for an additional 2 minutes if the custard jiggles or it not set yet. Check again.
Finally, garnish with powdered sugar is optional. Enjoy warm!
Want to Take a Bite?
Other Dessert Recipes You Must Try:
- Lebanese Maamoul Cookies
- Best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gooey Marshmallow Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 5 Minute Boston Cream Donut Buns
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- Almond Milk Strawberry Pancakes (Dairy Free)
- Creamy Vegan Rice Pudding (Dairy & Gluten Free)
- Easy Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- Irresistible Apple Nachos
Viral Custard Toast
- 2 Brioche toast, or plain
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take the preferred a slice of bread and press it down in the center using a fork.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, the egg, vanilla, honey, and cinnamon.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of the custard mix onto the toast/bread of choice.
- Place your favorite cut fruit and place it on top. (I enjoy strawberries or blueberries.)
- Place the custard toast onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the toast for 18 to 20 minutes until the custard is set. Bake for an additional 2 minutes if the custard jiggles or it not set yet. Check again.
- Garnish with powdered sugar (optional). Enjoy warm.