This well-rounded Beef Steak Fajita Bowl is what I like to call an “all in one” meal. It is a great choice for spicing up your meal prep, and is ridiculously easy to make! You will be instantly hooked! Serving your tastes buds an explosion of vegetables, proteins, and spices, is just the trick you need to make up for all those lazy afternoons of cardboard snacks or quick-fix lunches.
The Perfect Example of a Protein-Packed Hearty Meal!
The best thing about this savory Beef Fajita Bowl is that it is a breeze to prepare! Don’t let the long list of ingredients frighten your taste buds into hiding, because anything with such explosive flavors is a worthy opponent to any dish at your dinner table. It’s super versatile, and soon enough, you will realize that each ingredient marries with the next to perfection! Adding it over a bed of white vermicelli rice takes this dish to a whole new level!
Save and Share this Beef Steak Fajita Bowl Recipe!
Meal Prepping Beef Steak Fajita Bowl
As busy individuals with work to do and people to meet, meal prepping is a great option! We can all use the extra minutes spent on the daily hectic guessing game of deciding on what to make and preparing it.
The concept of prepping food swept in to save all us busy people from that overwhelming task of daily cooking. It allows us to reach our nutrition goals, reduce portion size, and save a ton of time.
There are a lot of ways you can food prep your meals, but here’s how I do it to satisfy my cravings, my social life, and stay a bit more on the healthy side.
- Invest in some reusable, airtight food storage containers. They prevent any bacteria from breaking in, and keep your meals fresh and appetizing.
- Pick the meal you would like to prepare. Try to make it filling and as nutritious as possible in order not to deprive your body of the nutrients it needs.
- Pick a day to meal prep, and decide upon the quantity. I would recommend starting off with a 3-day experiment before you completely dive in. You might not like the routine it enforces into your daily meals.
- Prepare your chosen meal for the week, and divide them into grab-and-go portions to be refrigerated for later consumption.
Grab a Fork and Dig in!
Meal Prepping this Dish in Two Separate Ways:
First, you could start a day ahead by thawing steak, cutting it up, and marinating if you would like. Store in an airtight container in your fridge for the next day. Cut up all the veggies and store in containers in the fridge as well. This way, the next day all you have to do is get them all into the skillet and cook them up as you prepare and cook the rice!
The second way is to prepare everything early Sunday for example, and have the beef fajita and veggies cooked at night. You can store them in smaller individual containers and lay them over your rice or preferred starchy side during the week as you want to eat them! The meal stores well in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days!
Vermicelli Rice Anyone?
Creating Your Own Take on this Dish
We can all admit how fun it is to dabble with a recipe to fit our very own unique preference. With this savory and aromatic Beef Steak Fajita Bowl recipe, the possibilities are in your hands!
First, you can swap the bowl of rice with any side dish of your choice! You can indulge in some French fries or put it on a bed of pasta. Or, keep it more healthy or keto with a side salad, putting the beef mix in a wrap with extra veggies and sour cream, or trying your cooking skills in a casserole topped with a mouthwatering layer of mozzarella cheese!
Next, you can switch your protein beef portion with chicken or shrimp. As long as the flavor fits your preferences, don’t limit yourself!
Also, you can add more color to your Beef Steak Fajita Bowl with a variety of peppers! Red, green, yellow, or orange! Throw in some green broccoli, red onions, or shredded carrots! As long as your dish turns out to be a picturesque masterpiece with delectable flavors, go wild with your veggies!
A Fajita Bowl Recipe Everyone Will Want!
Frequently Asked Questions:
There are quite a few ways you can reheat your leftovers without ruining its distinct textures or flavors. I would recommend warming the meal in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
It’s very important to understand food safety before you try meal prep! But rest assured, if placed in an airtight container, cooked vegetables hold well from 3-7 days in the refrigerator. It is also best to eat that topping of avocado upon immediate slicing and not store with the rest of the meal if there are any leftovers.
It is always best to place the nonstick pan on medium heat while cooking. Also, make sure you cover the meat and veggies and simmer on low once they appear cooked on the outside. You will want your meat to soak in some of that flavorful liquid while cooking.
Because of the onions and peppers, you should not freeze this dish because they will get very mushy.
Ingredients For Beef Steak Fajita Bowl
- steak flank or strip steak
- olive oil
- bell peppers any color; sliced
- onion; sliced
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper; optional
- black pepper
- lemon juice
- rice; cooked
- avocado; sliced
Make, Eat, and Share!
How to Make This Beef Steak Fajita Bowl
First, cut the steak flank or strip steak into strips.
Next, add olive oil or canola oil to a large hot skillet. Then, add in the stripped steak and sear for a few minutes.
Then, add in the sliced peppers and onion, and continue to sear for another 6-8 minutes, or until the beef is cooked and the onions are translucent.
After, turn the heat off, then add in all the spices to the ingredients and the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Finally, prepare your bowl by adding cooked rice then topping it with the beef fajita mix, avocado, and anything else you like! Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley and enjoy!
Other Fun and Enjoyable Recipes to Try
- Plant-based Chicken Salad with Barbecue Vinaigrette
- Tastiest Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
- Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
- Citrus Vinaigrette Strawberry Mango Kale Salad
- Perfect White Vermicelli Rice
- Kibbeh Bil Sanieh (Baked Kibbeh)
- Quinoa Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Crispy Crunchy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Chinese Mushroom Chicken over Beef Hotlink Rice
- Easy Chicken Curry with Vegetables
Beef Steak Fajita Bowl
- 1 pound steak flank or strip steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large bell peppers any color; sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- rice cooked
- avocado sliced
- Cut the steak flank or strip steak into strips.
- Add olive oil or canola oil to a large hot skillet. Then, add in the stripped steak and sear for a few minutes.
- Add in the sliced peppers and onion, and continue to sear for another 6-8 minutes, or until the beef is cooked and the onions are translucent.
- Turn the heat off, then add in all the spices to the ingredients and the 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare your bowl by adding cooked rice then topping it with the beef fajita mix, avocado, and anything else you like! Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley and enjoy!