This Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet is luscious enough to hold your attention, satisfying enough to keep you full, and healthy enough to be a worthy addition to your dinner rotation.
The mixture of potatoes, ground beef, onion, eggs, and delicious spices, will appeal to everyone including picky eaters and discerning palates.
A one-pan recipe everyone will love any time of the day!
This dish shares many ingredients with its siblings Batata w Bayd (potatoes, eggs, spices which is a flavorful Lebanese potato and egg dish and Lahme w Bayd (Middle Eastern Scrambled Eggs with Meat and Onion).
And if you’re looking for another recipe to use ground beef besides making spaghetti, meatballs, and such, then you have to try this Meat Potato Egg Onion Skillet.
It’s incredibly easy, packed with protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12 and a great choice for breakfast, dinner, or really anytime you want a healthy and delicious meal.
This scrumptious recipe will surely please your plate and appetite.
This Meat Potato Egg Skillet is a hearty meal that everyone will love. We call it a skillet meal since it never leaves the cast-iron skillet! It requires only one pan and only 30 minutes of your time! Our Beefy Potato Egg Skillet can be taken directly from the oven to the table for serving which means less clean up and more eating!
Best Way to Make Eggs
1. For fried eggs, cook them over low heat to prevent them from getting brown and tough.
2. Always use a nonstick pan.
3. If you’re making scrambled eggs, pass them through a fine mesh strainer.
4. Take scrambled eggs off the heat before they’re done cooking — the heat from the pan will continue to cook them.
5. For poached eggs, always use fresh eggs and DON’T crack them directly into the water. Always crack your eggs into a small bowl before adding them into the boiling water. This will prevent the egg from going everywhere and will allow you to gently transfer them into the water. Using fresh eggs also helps them keep their shape and stay nice and round.
6. But for boiling, use older eggs since older eggs are easier to peel. After boiling them, put them in an ice bath and peel them right away — as the eggs sit, they get harder to peel.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any type of potato in this Meat Potato Egg Onion Skillet. Russets, Yukon gold, red or purple, fingerlings, and even sweet potatoes, if you’d like.
If your potatoes are too hard, allow them to cook through, slow and low is the way to go. Make sure that you have small ½″ cubes so they cook quickly in a skillet. If the cubes are larger, they will need additional cook time. If your potatoes are too soft, this is due to the type of potato used. Try to use Russet potato or any of the other types I mentioned above.
Of course if you have time to do that. This will take another half an hour but will make so much difference. The sweet onions balance out the savory meat. The best way to caramelize is to cook on high heat for the first five minutes then reduce to low heat and sauté every now and then.
Yes, of course!! Sausage is also a great substitute to ground beef. And because it’s already seasoned, you don’t need to worry about adding any salt and seasonings.
Feel free to experiment with spices if you don’t have all spice (7 spices). You can add a hint of cinnamon, cumin, and black pepper instead!
The perfect COMBO to make the best meat and egg potato Skillet
Different skillet sizes may affect bake time. If you use a smaller skillet, you need to extend bake time.
Cube the potatoes small so that they are bite size and they cook much faster. If you like your potatoes medium size, just allow the potatoes to cook a little longer.
Gently toss the potato cubes so that you don’t not break them up as they become tender. Fold carefully to help keep their shape.
You may need to add a little more olive oil to keep the potatoes from sticking to the bottom depending on the type of skillet you are using. I usually add more olive oil, see the video attached below to the recipe card!
The Ingredients you need to make this Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
Ingredients for this dish couldn’t be simpler!
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Potatoes, cubed
- Onion, diced
- All spice (7 spices)
- Black pepper
How to make Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
1. On high heat add olive oil, add the cubed onions and sauté for 2 minutes then add the small cubed potatoes.
2. Sauté for 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Bring heat to low then cover for 5 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
3. Bring heat to medium-high then make a well in the center of the skillet. Add in the ground meat, sear for a few minutes then mix all together with the potatoes and onions.
4. Season with salt and all spice (or seven spices), mix gently
5. Crack 5-6 eggs, mix for 1-2 minutes max until the eggs are perfectly cooked in with the vegetables and the seasoning. Serve with pita bread or toast, hot sauce, avocado, and any raw vegetables you may like!
Recipes you may want to try
- Kibbeh Bil Sanieh (Baked Kibbeh)
- Smooth Vegan Hummus Recipe
- Crispy Crunchy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Chinese Mushroom Chicken over Beef Hotlink Rice
- Viral Air Fryer Pasta Chips (with zaatar)
- Roasted Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Easy Chicken Tikka Masala with Coconut Milk
- Cajun Salmon Rice with Tahini Salad
- The Tastiest Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Easiest Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
- ½ Pound Ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large potatoes cubed small
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 Teaspoon all spice (7 spices)
- salt and black pepper
- Bring a large skillet to hight heat and add olive oil. Add in the cubed onions and sauté for 2 minutes then add the small cubed potatoes.
- Continue to sauté on medium high heat for about 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Bring heat to low then cover for 5 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
- Open the lid, bring heat to medium-high then make a well in the center of the skillet. Add in the ground meat and sear for a few minutes then mix all together with the potatoes and onions.
- Season with salt and all spice (or seven spices), gently mix.
- crack 5-6 eggs, mix for 1-2 minutes max until the eggs are perfectly cooked and mixed in with the vegetables and the seasoning. Serve with pita bread or toast, hot sauce, avocado, and any raw vegetables you may like!
- It’s better to cube the potatoes small so the cooking process is faster.
- Feel Free to add additional vegetables like peppers or mushrooms.
- I personally enjoy my Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet with hot sauce, or you can add crushed red pepper if you like it spicy.
- This meal is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner