Freshly Baked Date Filled Cookies for Special Ones
Why You’ll Love 4 Ingredient Date-Filled Cookies
Take A Bite; They’re Completely Irresistible
Tips and Tricks
Use a small food processor or food chopper to chop the dates because they will cut more easily than a knife.
They’re So Decadent that They’ll Melt your Heart
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs):
Yes, dates can spoil. Toss your dates if they appear rotten or smell nasty.
If the dough is overmixed, the cookies might turn tough. After adding the dry ingredients, mix them just until the dough is combined, then fold in any remaining ingredients by hand.
To shape the cookies, a wooden mold with a handle is used. It’s also used to make an outer design. It is available at grocery stores.
Dates have a high nutritional profile but are a bit sweet. Despite this, they are high in fiber, which helps your body digest sweets more slowly. When consumed in moderation, they are a safe and nutritious option for diabetics.
Traditionally, these cookies are prepared with butter or ghee. Ghee, on the other hand, is recommended for making these cookies since it gives an amazing nutty flavor. Making cookies with ghee is much easier than making cookies with butter.
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Impress Your Loved Ones!
How to Store Date-Filled Cookies
Must-Try Cookie Recipes:
4 Ingredient Date Filled Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and 2 cups of ghee. Use your hands to mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the flour-ghee mixture. continue mixing well then gradually add a little water at a time until it comes together and forms a soft dough.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of melted ghee with the softened date pate in a small bowl.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. You can refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes to make it easier to handle or use right away like I did.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the date paste by forming 1 ½ inch balls and place on a large plate. You can either purchase date paste from the store or make it at home by blending soaked and softened dates until smooth.
- Take one portion of the chilled dough out of the refrigerator. Form a 3 inch round ball then gently puncture in the center of the dough using your finger to make space for the prepared date balls.
- Fill the opened space with the date ball then close it to form a filled ball of dough with date paste.
- Use your cookie cutter(s) of choice to cut out shapes. If using the same cookie cutter I used you would simply press the fill dough and gently place on the prepared baking sheet leaving some space between them.
- Repeat steps of the dough and any remaining date paste.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Once the cookies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Your cookies are now ready to be enjoyed! Serve them with your favorite hot beverage and savor the delicious flavors.