This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Welcome to a world where freshness and indulgence collide. Introducing my Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad, a masterpiece that will take your salad game to a whole new level.
Picture this: a plate brimming with the essence of summer, where the fiery grill transforms sweet peaches into smoky jewels. Nestled among these charred treasures lies creamy burrata, atop a bed of vibrant arugula and baby spinach. It’s not just a salad; it’s a celebration of flavors and textures!
Summer Elegance: Peachy Burrata Arugula Delight
It was a lazy summer afternoon, and I was feeling inspired to create something special. Armed with ripe peaches, a ball of creamy burrata cheese, and a fresh bunch of arugula, I knew I had the makings of a memorable dish.
When the salad came together, the vibrant colors and harmonious flavors impressed me. It was a masterpiece of summer’s bounty, and that first bite was a revelation—a perfect blend of sweet, smoky peaches, creamy burrata, and peppery arugula.
As I savored that first bite, I knew I had stumbled upon something extraordinary: a Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad that would become a cherished part of my dinner repertoire, a taste of summer captured on a plate.
Peaches, Burrata, and Arugula: A Perfect Trio
Table of Contents
A Taste of Summer
Why You Will Love Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad
You’ll fall head over heels for Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad for several reasons:
Flavor harmony: The smoky sweetness of grilled peaches pairs perfectly with the creamy richness of burrata cheese, while the peppery bite of arugula adds a lively contrast.
Summer in a bite: With every mouthful, you’ll be transported to a sunny summer day. The freshness and vibrancy of the ingredients capture the essence of the season.
Simplicity and elegance: It’s a dish that impresses effortlessly. The simplicity of the ingredients is matched by the elegance of their combination, making it perfect for both casual gatherings and special occasions.
Versatility: Whether as a side dish or a light meal, this salad is incredibly versatile. It can complement a variety of main courses or stand alone as a refreshing and satisfying dish.
Health Benefits: Beyond its taste, this salad offers health benefits. Arugula is packed with vitamins and minerals, while peaches provide a dose of antioxidants and fiber.
Grill ‘n’ Chill
Why Grill Peaches
Grilling peaches enhances their natural sweetness and adds a smoky dimension to their flavor, making them a favorite summer treat for many. Feel free to get creative with different toppings and enjoy the versatility of grilled peaches in your recipes.
- In salads: Use grilled peach slices as a flavorful addition to salads, such as this Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad.
- As a simple dessert: Serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of honey for a decadent dessert.
- On toast: Spread some goat cheese or ricotta on toasted bread and top with grilled peach slices and a drizzle of honey for a delicious toast option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Absolutely! While burrata adds a unique creaminess, you can substitute it with mozzarella, goat cheese, or even feta, depending on your preference and what you have on hand.
While it’s best to assemble the salad just before serving to keep the ingredients fresh and crisp, you can prepare the components in advance. Grill the peaches, make the dressing, and wash the arugula, but wait to assemble the salad until you’re ready to serve to prevent wilting.
Yes, you can grill the peaches ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, let them come to room temperature for the best flavor.
Grilled Peach Paradise
- Dairy-free: You can substitute burrata with a dairy-free alternative like vegan mozzarella or tofu-based cheese to make it dairy-free while still enjoying the other delicious components.
- Goat Cheese: Swap out the burrata for crumbled goat cheese if you want a tangier cheese element in the salad.
- Toasted Almonds: Sprinkle some toasted almond slices or slivers for a delightful crunch and nutty flavor.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Keep the components separate, if possible, to prevent the wilting of the arugula and maintain the salad’s freshness.
Choose ripe, but not overly soft, peaches for grilling. They should have a slight give when gently squeezed and a sweet aroma.
Don’t overcook the peaches. Grilled peaches should be tender and caramelized, but not mushy. They only need a few minutes on each side, so keep a close eye on them to prevent overcooking.
Use the freshest burrata cheese you can find for the best creamy texture and flavor. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving for maximum creaminess.
To keep the arugula fresh and crisp, dress it just before serving. Toss it gently with the dressing so that it’s lightly coated but not soggy.
This salad is best enjoyed when the grilled peaches are still slightly warm and the burrata is at room temperature. It’s the perfect balance of temperatures that enhances the overall experience.
Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad Ingredients
- baby spinach
- basil, whole or chopped
- burrata balls
- olive oil
- balsamic glaze
- salt and black pepper
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
More Salads You Must Try:
- Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
- Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Cucumber Avocado Salad Recipe
- Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Houston’s Kale Salad Copycat Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad with Tuna
- Roasted Eggplant with Burrata Salad Recipe
- BEST Fattoush Salad with Dressing
- A Worthy Watermelon Burrata Salad
- Lebanese Tabouli Salad Recipe (Tabbouleh)
Grilled Peach Burrata Arugula Salad
- griddle pan
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- 1 cup Arugula
- 3 tablespoons Basil, whole or chopped
- 1 medium Peach
- 4 medium Burrata balls
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the Ingredients:
- Wash and pat dry the baby spinach, arugula, and basil (skip this step if they pre-washed).
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit.
- Separate the burrata balls.
Grill the Peaches:
- Preheat a griddle pan on the stovetop.
- Spray the peach slices with avocado oil and grill them on the griddle pan until they have grill marks, which is about 1-2 minutes. Slice and set aside.
Assemble the Salad:
- Start with a layer of baby spinach as the base.
- Add a layer of arugula on top of the spinach.
- Place the grilled peach slices evenly over the arugula.
- Tear the burrata balls and distribute them over the salad.
- Sprinkle the basil (whole or chopped) over the salad evenly.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze all over the salad.