This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a pasta dish that speaks for itself in terms of taste and popularity. What I’ve done with this Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is create a creamy yet colorful dish that is satisfying to the taste buds and the eyes! Chicken that has balanced seasonings and cooked just right, contrasted to a soft fettuccine in an aromatic and flavorful cream sauce that hits the spot!
Do you ever ask yourself why pasta dishes are so popular?
I sometimes do, but of course, I know a lot of the main answers:
- Easy and quick to prepare
- Children love pasta more than their parents lol
- Adults love pasta more than… (I’ll leave that up to you to complete)
- There’s so much you can do with pasta in terms of sauces and seasonings
- So many different ingredients can be added like your favorite veggies and proteins
PIN IT, LIKE IT, SHARE IT!!!
Broccoli needs little to no introduction as a vegetable. It carries tons of health benefits including:
- full of vitamin and nutrients
- packed with bioactive compounds
- has potent antioxidants
- aids in blood sugar control
- assists in healthy digestion
- may slow aging process and support healthy brain function
I didn’t cook the broccoli with the dish. Meaning, I didn’t sauté the florets with the rest of the ingredients nor did I boil it in the sauce. I simply steamed them on their own and added them on top of the pan before serving. My family loves it this way, plus it’s a good way for picky eaters to be able to easily remove them. But, you could also cook them in the pan and that would also add some more delicious flavor to an already yummy recipe.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce or Store-bought?
I would highly encourage you to make your own homemade Alfredo sauce. It’s easier than you think and it’s actually a versatile sauce. With minor adjustments, it’s really a base for many creamy sauces used in various pasta, chicken, meat, and seafood dishes. Think of it as an adding a new cooking skill to your already acquired skills. Furthermore, you know that you are eating a clean sauce, meaning no additives or preservatives.
If you really are still scared of trying to make it on your own, don’t be. Practice makes perfect and following the step-by-step instructions will be helpful. But, if you really can’t or are pressed for time, then use store-bought Alfredo either in packet form or in already made sauce form in a jar.
Chicken or Choice of Protein
I chose to use chicken because it is a popular protein choice in fettuccine dishes. Chicken is a great source of protein and a lighter option in terms of health benefits. It also marries well with so many different flavors and the creaminess of the Alfredo sauce.
I used Crescent Foods breast fillets in this dish and they turned out amazing. I love them because they are halal certified, hormone-free, no use of antibiotics, and raised cage-free. You can find your choice of Crescent Food products on their website. In addition, you can search to find a Crescent Foods carrier near you using their store locator.
You can also opt of chicken and use shrimp. Shrimp is similar to chicken in that it packs protein and marries so well with all the different flavors. Of course, it has a distinct taste and very different texture than chicken. I’ll leave that choice up to you!
Tips for the Perfect Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
- It’s always tastier to sear your chicken to help trap flavors. If you worry about overcooking or undercooking, you can sear the chicken on high heat. Once it gets the desired color, move into an oven-safe pan, cover in foil, and cook it for about 20 to 25 minutes to ensure the center is fully cooked.
- I pounded the chicken breast to tenderize it and thin it out which helps ensure it will cook through in the pan, so you may prefer to use this technique to save some time.
- You can marinade the chicken breast ahead of time to ensure stronger flavors and shorter cooking time as well.
- If you really like broccoli, sauté it in the pan after the chicken and cook it in the sauce for added flavor.
Frequently asked questions
It depends on how thick the chicken breast is. If you tenderize it and it’s a thinner cut, anywhere between 3 to 6 minutes on high heat on each side. If it’s thicker and not so tender, anywhere between 6 to 10 minutes on each side on medium to high heat.
Sure, pretty much any pasta will work but fettucine has always gone hand-in-hand with alfredo sauce. You can use penne pasta which also pairs well with creamy sauces.
Shrimp is always a great option if you don’t like chicken or aren’t in the mood for it. You can leave out the chicken and shrimp altogether and maybe add some vegetables of your choice like carrots or mushrooms or a combination of your favorites.
Ingredients for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- chicken breast
- fettuccine noodles
- broccoli florets
- bouillon cubes
- garlic; minced
- heavy cream
- white pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Cook fettuccini noodles according to instructions on the box.
In a skilled sear the chicken breast, add salt and pepper on each side. (You can butterfly the chicken by cutting it in half vertically if you choose to make it thinner. I pounded the chicken so that it would tenderize but that is optional)
Melt the butter, Add garlic, sauté then add in the heavy cream, milk, pepper, bouillon cubes and salt. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
Then, add the pasta to the skillet and mix in the sauce, gently. Add in steamed broccoli and lay your sliced chicken on top. Enjoy!!
RECIPES YOU MAY WANT TO TRY!
- Mloukhieh with Chicken
- Meat and Veggie Wellington Roll
- Easy Persian Walnut Stew- Fesenjan
- Freekeh with Ginger Chicken
- Meat and Rice Stuffed Squash
- Hearty Kafta and Potato Stew
- The Best American Beef Goulash
- Vegetarian Grape Leaves
- Sweet Potato Cajun Rice Bowl
- Pasta and Beef in Yogurt Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Easiest Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
- Mexican Chicken Zucchini Skillet
- Grilled Lime and Cilantro Shrimp
- Pasta and Beef in Yogurt Sauce
- Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
- Cook fettuccini noodles according to instructions on the box.
- In a medium skilled sear the chicken breast until cooked, add salt and pepper on each side. (You can butterfly the chicken by cutting it in half vertically if you choose to make it thinner. I pounded the chicken so that it would tenderize but that is optional)
- In a large sauce pan or skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add garlic, sauté’ for about a minute then add in the heavy cream, milk, pepper, bouillon cubes and salt. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Then, add in your strained pasta to the skillet and mix in the sauce, gently. Add in steamed broccoli and lay your sliced chicken on top. Enjoy!!