Date Biscuit Nut Bars are healthy, satisfying and SO delicious! This recipe is my mom’s and you are going to absolutely appreciate it as much as I do! When I arrived in Michigan to visit her, she had this tray waiting for me with a cup of coffee and all I can ever remember is how much that warmed my heart.
Combined biscuits with dates topped them with honey nested roasted nuts and coconut flakes! Pairs perfectly with coffee ☕️
My mom is amazing when it comes to creativity and food! That’s one thing I am thankful I inherited from her among many others. We both have a talent for knowing what ingredients coalesce to enliven the palette. Also, I really enjoy taking things I’ve learned from my mom and adding my own unique touch. So with these bars, you can change up the types of nuts you use or sprinkle something other than coconut!
Why make these date nut bars?
- easy to make
- divine taste
- a hit with young and old
- perfect for an on-the-go snack or with coffee
- healthy alternative to store-bought granola or cereal bars
- can be a breakfast substitute
- a wonderful reason to invite friends and family over
What’s in this recipe?
It’s likely you may already have what you need to make this recipe. If not, all the ingredients are easily found in your local market. Most of these items carry plenty of health benefits. First, you will will need date paste and half a pack of tea biscuits of your choice. Next, you will need melted butter or ghee and unsweetened coconut shreds. Finally, some honey and a mix of semi-crushed walnuts, pistachio, cashews, and almonds. Nuts are always a plus in any kind of snack bar!
Recipes you may want to try!
- Dalgona Coffee
- Caramel Spice White Hot Chocolate
- Easy Gooey Marshmallow Cookies
- Date Stuffed Brioche
- Fluffy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Date Biscuit Nut Bars
- 1 13oz package date paste
- ½ package tea biscuits about 20 biscuits
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter melted
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 cup mix of semi crushed walnuts, pistachio, cashew and almond
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a bowl add the package of date paste, biscuits, coconut oil and coconut shreds. Mix well. Sprinkle some coconut shreds on the bottom of a 8×8 pan.
- Flatten down well with your hands covering the whole pan.
- Meanwhile add the nuts to a hot skillet. Toast them on medium heat until golden in color. Take off heat and mix in the honey. Immediately place the mixdd nuts and honey on top of the layer of dates and press down while warm. Garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes.