This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Do you need a refreshing fulfilling meal for these hot summer days? I have come to you with the Best Greek Salad with Marinated and Grilled Chicken Recipe that will blow the heat away.
I have already made the combo of Greek Salad on Naan Bread and Effortless Greek Pasta Salad! This time, I decided to add some marinated grilled boneless chicken to the Greek salad. The taste was surprising. Your guests will ask for a second or even a third.
What an Easy Greek Chicken Salad!
Why I Love Greek Chicken Marinade
Chicken marinated in Greek marinade is one of my favorite meals. It has all the classic Greek flavors in a slice of juicy chicken.
For instance, you need simple ingredients that are available in your kitchen pantry. Once mixed, you will get a delicious marinade suitable for pan fried or baked chicken. It is also a good idea to prepare this easy marinade if you grill the chicken over a gas grill or charcoal grill.
For best results, I marinate the chickens a night ahead. Once you do so, the chicken will soak all the flavors and you will get some juicy chicken.
What an Amazing Flavor Combination!
Some Do’s and Don’ts!
Don’t add the excess marinade that you get from the chicken to your salad. It is better to throw them away since they were in contact with raw meat.
Do prepare ahead one large bowl or 3-4 medium bowls of Greek salad with grilled chicken, cover them with plastic wrap, and set them in the fridge. They add a beautiful decoration and delish flavors to your table for friends’ gatherings and family reunions!
Don’t reheat the chicken if you prepared it ahead of time. Slice it and put on top of your salad.
Do add the dressing upon serving only to keep the fresh look. If you do, the veggies will soak the dressing and lose its texture.
Greek Salad with Chicken is One of my Favorite Ways to Add Protein to my Crunchy Vegetables!
Tips and Tricks
Double or triple the ingredients of the dressing recipe and keep them in mason jars in the fridge or freezer. You can take them out whenever you need a quick marinade for chicken or a delicious dressing for bowl of Greek salad.
If you do not want to make a salad, you can use the same dressing ingredients to make a Greek chicken marinade. Marinate and grill the chicken. Serve as a main dish. This may become your go-to chicken recipe!
You can place the chicken and the marinade in an airtight container or a large resealable plastic bag. Shake until chicken is well coated.
Irresistible Medley of Colors!
Cut the chicken breasts or thighs into cubes and prepare some Greek chicken kabobs. You can add them on top of the Greek salad as well. The taste is irresistible!
If you do not have time to marinate and sear chicken, you can use any leftover chicken or cooked chicken. You can shred them on top of your bowl. The taste will not be the same, but it will be satisfying.
It Is the Best Way to Change a Simple Salad into a Mind Blowing Meal!
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken is One of my Favorite Healthy Meals! Let’s Put It Together!
Chop the veggies in a large bowl.
To prepare the Greek salad dressing, put the ingredients together. Whisk them until well combined.
Prepare the chicken breasts to marinate them later in some of the Greek dressing.
Sear the chicken on medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked.
Let the chicken rest on a cutting board and come to room temperature before slicing.
Top the bowl with slices of chicken and pour the rest of the Greek dressing.
Slices of Grilled Chicken Will Take Your Greek Salad to the Next Level! Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! But pay attention to the amount you add. Fresh garlic has a more subtle taste than garlic powder. Try 1/8 teaspoon of powder to replace each glove.
Do not waste any! Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Check in the grocery stores nearby. These are simple ingredients that you can easily find, Do not forget to get to the dried herbs sections to get the dried basil and dried oregano.
A good alternative for red wine vinegar is balsamic vinegar.
You Will Get a 5 Star Rating as your Family’s Favorite Chef!
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
Greek Salad lovers, get ready! Copy the ingredients from the recipe card on a piece of paper and stick it on your fridge! You will use them every now and then!
Greek dressing ingredients
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Medium fresh lemons
- Dried basil
- Dijon mustard
- Plain yogurt
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Romaine lettuce, or iceberg lettuce
- Red onions
- Feta cheese
- Golden Greek pepperoncini
- Kalamata olives
For the Greek chicken
- Boneless skinless Chicken breast or thighs
- Greek dressing used as marinade
To prepare the Greek salad dressing, put the olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, dried basil, mustard, yogurt, sugar, dried oregano, black pepper, and salt in a mason jar. Whisk them until well combined.
To prepare the chicken, use the dressing you prepared to get a Greek marinade. Marinate the chicken breasts or chicken thighs for as long as possible. The longer it marinates, the better. You can use it right away if you do not have time.
Sear the chicken on medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked. Let the chicken rest on a cutting board and come to room temperature before slicing.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Set the Romain Lettuce or iceberg lettuce in a large bowl, then top it with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, golden Greek pepperoncini, and Greek Kalamata olives.
Finally, on top of the salad place the chicken slices and the dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Popular Recipes You Should Try
- Effortless Greek Pasta Salad!
- Greek Salad on Naan Bread
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce ( Greek Yogurt and Cucumber)
- Refreshing Cucumber Salad
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
- Healthy Pasta Salad and Dressing
- Italian Seasoned Tuna Pasta Salad
- Tastiest Tuna Egg Salad Recipe
- TikTok’s Viral Green Goddess Salad
Greek Salad with Marinated and Grilled Chicken Recipe
Greek dressing ingredients
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce, or iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons red onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup tomato, cubed
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- 4-6 whole golden Greek pepperoncini
- 8-10 Greek Kalamata olives
For the Greek chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, or thighs
- ½ cup dressing
- To prepare the Greek salad dressing, put the olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, dried basil, mustard, yogurt, sugar, dried oregano, black pepper, and salt in a mason jar.
- Whisk them until well combined.
- To prepare the chicken, use the dressing you prepared to get a Greek marinade.
- Marinate the chicken breasts or chicken thighs for as long as possible. The longer it marinates, the better. You can use it right away if you do not have time.
- Sear the chicken on medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Let the chicken rest on a cutting board and come to room temperature before slicing.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Set the Romain Lettuce or iceberg lettuce in a large bowl, then top it with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese, golden Greek pepperoncini, and Greek Kalamata olives.
- Finally, on top of the salad place the chicken slices and the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!