Now that summer heatwaves are slowly sneaking up on us, I came prepared with an easy and bright meal that will knock your sizzling worries away! My effortless Greek Pasta Salad is just the right kick you need for a refreshing bite this summer!
Picture this! A mix of ripe juicy tomatoes, crisp pepper, cucumbers, and olives tossed with pasta, feta cheese, and a homemade lemony garlic dressing! You can even throw your choice of protein in there and call it a fully rounded meal!
Effortless Greek Pasta Salad
My Greek Pasta Salad recipe is a must-have side dish at your next barbecue, dinner table, picnic, or potluck! Your guests will definitely appreciate a refreshing bite with your table’s main attraction.
In a mere 15 minutes, you’ll have yourself a satisfying meal jam-packed with hearty flavors and coated with a tangy homemade salad dressing!
Light on the eyes, stomach, and pocket! This recipe is definitely worthy of a try! When you do make it, share your results and opinion with us!
Here’s What I Love About This Recipe!
Like so many recipes, there is just something magical about this Greek Pasta Salad that is not to be missed. Here are a few reasons why you need to give this refreshing salad a try ASAP!
First, this is the ultimate refreshing summertime salad! It’s got a yummy variety of veggies, tangy taste of the homemade dressing, and the satisfying bite of feta cheese!
Second, it is easily adaptive to your preferences! If you feel like your Greek Pasta Salad is missing a certain something, feel free to add, omit, or switch whatever your taste buds desire.
Lastly, this recipe is quick, easy, and a blast to make. Who doesn’t appreciate a filling, satisfying, and easy meal? Not me, that’s for sure! And the best thing? It can be prepared ahead of time and stored for later! This recipe is simply versatile!
Make It Your Own!
Nothing, and I do mean nothing, can’t be adjusted to fit your distinct preferences! So don’t worry if you are itching to change something in the recipe, you have a free pass of making this Greek Pasta Salad your own! Here’s how!
First, as healthier alternatives, you might consider switching the pasta for quinoa, chickpea, couscous, or even orzo. You can also make it vegan by omitting the vegetarian cheese.
In addition, make this Greek Pasta Salad a complete meal by adding your choice of protein such as chicken, shrimp, or tuna!
Finally, feel free to add other mix-ins such as fresh herbs, capers, artichoke, or even lemon zest. Whatever makes the taste pop will be a great addition to your salad.
A Picnic-Ready Pasta Salad!
Here’s What to Serve It With
If you are serving this Greek Pasta Salad as a side dish, you need to accompany it with a just-as-satisfying main attraction. Here are a few of my favorite protein dishes that would beautifully compliment this flavorful salad!
Pair your salad with a well-seasoned air-fried rotisserie chicken, or a serving of baked cumin chicken and potatoes. These succulent chicken dish basted in its own juices is perfect to impress your family and friends!
You might also choose to keep your dinner table simple with servings of BBQ chicken wings, delicious baked potato wedges, or some air-fried cilantro chicken egg rolls. The possibilities are literary endless guys!
Tips for a Perfect Greek Pasta Salad
Tip 1: If you are in a hurry, you can use 1 cup of bottled Greek Vinaigrette dressing instead of making your own dressing from scratch.
Tip 2: Feel free to use any shape of pasta you prefer. I used lentil pasta, but any rotini pasta will work.
Tip 3: If you have stored leftovers, make sure you have extra dressing at hand. You might find that your pasta is slightly dry, so an extra drizzle of dressing will bring your dish back to life!
Tip 4: Cook your pasta until just past al dente. It is important that you don’t overcook or undercook your pasta.
Tip 5: Make sure you season the pasta properly. Unlike warm dishes, cold servings may mute the flavors; and thus require a lot more seasoning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. This also makes it an ideal dish to prepare ahead.
As much as we love red onions, sometimes the taste can be overpowering. To tame raw onions, simply soak it in slightly salted cold water for about 10 minutes. This mellows down the taste a bit, yet keeps them crisp and flavored.
You sure can! The pasta and vegetables can be prepared the night before and stored in the fridge in separate containers.
The Ingredients You Will Need
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- lemon juice
- minced garlic
- oregano (dried)
- thyme (dried)
- rosemary (dried)
- black pepper
- avocado mayonnaise (or mayo of choice)
- pasta (I use red lentil)
- celery stalks
- pitted black olives
- can of corn
- purple cabbage
- green pepper
- red pepper
- yellow or orange pepper
- Feta cheese
Follow These Steps
First, boil the pasta according to package directions, strain in a colander, then add to a salad bowl.
Next, add the celery, olives, tomatoes, corn, chickpeas, radish, purple cabbage, cucumbers, and feta cheese to your salad and mix.
Then, prepare the salad dressing by whisking all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Place the dressing in the fridge to chill or use right away.
Finally, drizzle the dressing over the salad, mix, and enjoy!
Pause…Pin… & Prepare For Your Loved Ones!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Easy and Healthy Ramadan Recipes
- TikTok’s Viral Green Goddess Salad
- Cucumber-Yogurt Mint Garlic Salad
- Tastiest Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
- Simple Middle Eastern Salad
- Best Fattoush Salad With Dressing
- Roasted Chickpea Avocado Salad
- A Worthy Watermelon Burrata Salad
- Fantastic Kale Dijon Salad
- Plant-Based Chicken Salad With Barbecue Vinaigrette
Effortless Greek Pasta Salad!
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup ride wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice large
- 2 tap. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. avocado mayonnaise or mayo of choice
- 8.8 oz pasta (1 package)
- 2 celery stalks cubed
- ½ cup pitted black olives sliced
- 1 medium tomato cubed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 3 radishes sliced
- ½ cup purple cabbage medium chopped
- 1 medium cucumber cubed
- ½ green pepper cubed
- ½ red pepper cubed
- ½ yellow or orange pepper cubed
- Feta Cheese to garnish
- Boil the pasta according to package directions, strain in a colander, then add to a salad bowl.
- Add the celery, olives, tomatoes, corn, chickpeas, radish, purple cabbage, cucumbers, and feta cheese to your salad, and mix.
- Prepare the salad dressing by whisking all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Place the dressing in the fridge to chill or use right away.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, mix, and enjoy!
- If you are in a hurry, you can use 1 cup of bottled Greek Vinaigrette dressing instead of making your own dressing from scratch.
- Feel free to use any shape of pasta you prefer. I used lentil pasta, but any rotini pasta will work.
- If you have stored leftovers, make sure you have extra dressing at hand. You might find that your pasta is slightly dry, so an extra drizzle of dressing will bring your dish back to life!
- Cook your pasta until just past al dente. It is important that you don’t overcook or undercook your pasta.
- Make sure you season the pasta properly. Unlike warm dishes, cold servings may mute the flavors; and thus require a lot more seasoning.