It’s time to say goodbye to store-bought salad dressing! Easy to make, this Honey Mustard Dressing has an irresistible tangy and sweet flavor.
This delicious honey mustard dressing is ideal for tossing with salad or serving as a dipping sauce. It will brighten up your dishes!
Creamy & Tangy with a Touch of Sweetness
I enjoy experimenting with dressings, and I do believe that a great salad comes down to the dressing. No matter how fancy pants the salad ingredients are, the real taste is ruined if the dressing is a failure.
Honey Mustard Dressing truly does improve everything. Whether used to dress plain leafy greens, for a salad with more substantial ingredients such as Honey Mustard Harvest Salad, or as a dip with your favorite veggies like Best Boiled Artichoke with Honey Mustard Dip, this honey mustard dressing is guaranteed to be a hit with your loved ones.
What to Use this Dressing with
Honey Mustard Dressing is so versatile. You can use it as a dressing on salads. Use it as a marinade or finishing sauce for chicken, salmon, beef, tofu, shrimp, or white fish.
Toss it with small potatoes for an impromptu potato salad. This dressing pairs well with cooked, cold shrimp, too. Try it as a spread for wraps and sandwiches. Why not toss your roasted veggies with this creamy dressing?
If You’re a Honey Mustard Lover, You’re In for a Treat!
Here are a few ways to personalize your dressing. It’s a great condiment to keep on hand because it works in so many different dishes.
Make the flavor Milder. If the flavor of your honey mustard dressing becomes too strong, you can add a little more olive oil at a time until you achieve the desired flavor and consistency.
To turn up the heat, add a pinch of paprika or cayenne pepper to your dressing to get the hot mustard flavor of your dreams!
If you prefer a creamier dressing, you can substitute mayo (or Greek yogurt) for all or part of the oil. If you have a clove of minced garlic on hand, I also recommend adding it.
Store your honey mustard salad dressing in an airtight container, such as a mason jar. It will keep for about 2-3 weeks. If an odor or mold appears, discard it.
Please keep in mind that the ingredients in this dressing may settle over time. So before using it, give it a quick stir or shake.
Way Better than Store-bought
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Store your honey mustard dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
No. Usually, honey Dijon will be much sweeter and a bit milder than just plain Dijon.
Honey Mustard Dressing Ingredients
Traditional honey mustard salad dressing recipes call for equal parts of honey, mustard, vinegar, and oil.
Honey: Honey’s natural sweetness complements the tang of the mustard for a well-balanced flavor.
Mustard: Mustard is the base of the dressing. I highly recommend Dijon. It’s more tangy, sharp, and spicy than traditional mustard. You could also use a grainy mustard or a brown mustard.
Vinegar: I usually use apple cider vinegar, but for a twist, you can combine half vinegar and half lemon juice.
Oil: I recommend using olive oil. It adds volume to the dressing while blending the ingredients together. Use extra-virgin olive oil for the purest flavor.
Salt and Pepper: Oil: Add a pinch of salt and pepper to balance the flavors.
Steps to Prep
In a small bowl, whisk Dijon mustard and honey until they well combine. Then, add the vinegar gradually while whisking continuously to emulsify the dressing.
Slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking to get a smooth and creamy consistency. Add salt and pepper according to your preference.
Other Dressing/ Sauces You Must Try
- Best Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce
- Your Ultimate Guide to The Tastiest Homemade BBQ Sauce
- Homemade Hot Dog Sauce Recipe
- Best Ever Burger Sauce
- Homemade Mayo Sauce for Sushi
- McDonald’s Secret Big Mac Sauce (Copycat)
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce (Greek Yogurt and Cucumber)
- Easy Three Ingredient Caramel Sauce!
- BEST Fattoush Salad with Dressing
- Healthy Pasta Salad and Dressing
Honey Mustard Dressing
- In a bowl, combine the Dijon mustard and honey.
- Gradually add the apple cider vinegar while whisking the mixture to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while continuing to whisk until the dressing is well emulsified.
- Taste the dressing and season with salt and pepper to your preference. Add more if desired.
- Whisk the dressing again to ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer the dressing to a jar or airtight3 container for storage.
- You can use the dressing immediately or refrigerate it for later use.
- Shake or stir the dressing before using, as it may separate over time.
- Make the flavor Milder. If the flavor of your honey mustard dressing becomes too strong, you can add a little more olive oil at a time until you achieve the desired flavor and consistency.
- If you want to turn up the heat, add a pinch of paprika or cayenne pepper to your dressing to get the hot mustard flavor of your dreams!
- If you prefer a creamier dressing, you can substitute mayo (or Greek yogurt) for all or part of the oil. If you have a clove of minced garlic on hand, I also recommend adding it.
- Store your honey mustard salad dressing in an airtight container, such as a mason jar. It will keep for about 2-3 weeks. If an odor or mold appears, discard it.
- Please keep in mind that the ingredients in this dressing may settle over time. So before using it, give it a quick stir or shake.