Stop Googling “best salad recipes” because I have the answer right here! This delicious Roasted Chickpea Avocado Salad is the perfect choice for your plant-based days!
It features kale, a variety of yummy veggies, and crunchy roasted chickpeas with a creamy avocado dressing which make a delectable combo that everyone will enjoy!
All those Beautiful Colors in One Yummy Salad Bowl!
I’ve made many chickpea salad variations, but this quick and easy recipe takes the cake. It is so simple to make and it comes together quickly. While the chickpeas are roasting and nuggets are air-frying, you can prepare the veggies and assemble the avocado dressing.
Notice the crispy nuggets in that luscious bowl? I found them over at @publix where I often shop for their convenient selections.
I have shared these crispy plant-based nuggets by Raised & Rooted™ Nuggets with you all before in my Plant-based Chicken Salad with Barbecue Vinaigrette recipe, and I am here to show you another way you can enjoy them!
What makes them really special is that they are fully plant-based and have the same delicious taste that everyone will love.
They taste great with 8g Protein per serving and 33% Less Saturated Fat (Than USDA data for white meat nuggets).
Save and Share this Roasted Chickpea Avocado Salad!
Why You will Love This Salad
- Simple and straightforward: This recipe for roasted chickpea salad is simple and quick to prepare. After roasting the chickpeas, assemble the salad with your chosen veggies and toss with the avocado dressing.
- Healthy and nutritious: Chickpeas are high in protein and fiber. This is a terrific addition to salads to maintain them vegetarian-friendly while still being substantial and fulfilling.
- Simply Delicious: This chickpea salad is incredibly tasty and flavorful. It’ll be a hit with your family, and it’ll become your go-to salad. Even your little kiddos will enjoy it!
Roasted Chickpeas, Anyone?
Chickpeas are a terrific addition to soups, stews, salads, sandwiches, and just about anything else. Chickpeas are a high-protein food with numerous health benefits ranging from weight management to bone health.
They’re not only a great vegetarian protein source, but they can also boost a dish’s textural contrast.
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas
- Preheat oven or to 400F. Drain the chickpeas then pat dry them using a paper towel.
- Place on a baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, gently mixing every 5 minutes, until browned and crunchy
- Watch them carefully in the last few minutes to avoid burning.
Roasted Chickpea Salad! Pin It!
Ingredients for this Amazing Roasted Chickpea Salad
Roasted Chickpeas: Both canned and cooked chickpeas work in this salad. Chickpeas are known for their high fiber and protein content. It is acceptable to consume a small amount of chickpeas every day in moderation.
Chickpeas have been shown to significantly lower bad cholesterol. Chickpeas also help with indigestion because of their high fiber, vitamin, and mineral content.
Kale: When properly prepared, kale is an excellent addition to smoothies, salads, breakfast scrambles, and dips. I’ve been using it in salads lately because it’s heartier than other greens, and it makes me feel full and satisfied.
However, it can be substituted with any other leafy green of choice, like crunchy romaine or arugula!
Avocado: The health benefits of avocado are incredible. It is high in healthy fats, fiber, and other important nutrients, and it can significantly increase the amount of antioxidants you consume.
Furthermore, avocados are high in beneficial fats, which can help a person feel fuller between meals. Avoid using overripe avocados in this salad. You want them to be ripe but still firm.
Cherry tomatoes: Because of their small size, cherry tomatoes are ideal for salads. They are also full of vitamins and minerals and are considered immunity boosters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Canned chickpeas are frequently not required to be cooked because they are already cooked. Some people like to cook them a little longer to make them softer and more tender. Cooking is ultimately a personal preference that is not required. However, it is necessary to cook both dried and raw chickpeas.
Vinaigrette dressing makes a nice alternative to the avocado dip.
If you want to make this nugget salad ahead of time, make the salad and toss it together but leave out the dressing and avocadoes (avocadoes go brown quickly). You can keep the salad in the refrigerator for up to 2 days after making it. When ready to serve, add the dressing, avocados, and plant-based nuggets.
You certainly can. You can bake them on a tray in the oven or in the microwave.
If you’re using the oven: Preheat it to 400°F. Arrange nuggets on a baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until hot.
If you’re using the microwave: Arrange 4 nuggets on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 55-65 seconds or until hot. Let stand for 1 minute, before serving.
Ingredients for this Hearty Roasted Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Plant Based Nuggets
- 1 can 15oz chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Fresh kale, 1 stem
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Red onions
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Avocado, sliced
- Pecans for garnish
Avocado Dip Ingredients
- 1 large Hass avocado
- ½ lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- Cilantro, 5 stems
How To Assemble This Delicious Chickpea Salad
1. Preheat oven or to 400F. Drain the chickpeas then pat dry them using a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Bake for 20-25 minutes, gently mixing every 5 minutes.
2. In a blender place all the dressing ingredients, avocado, lemon, garlic, cilantro, salt and water. Blend until smooth
3. Air fry or bake Raised & Rooted™ Nuggets for 10-12 minutes. Once finished you can slice in half (optional).
4. Assemble your bowl by starting off with the kale, the scoop in all of the roasted chickpeas, top with sliced cherry tomatoes, red onions, pecans, avocado dressing, and the Plant Based Nuggets.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Spicy Crispy Chickpeas!
- You can serve the avocado dip as a party dip with vegetables, chips, on tacos, nachos, quesadillas and more.
- Roasted chickpeas are quite a high-protein vegan snack. You can eat them on their own or add them to your favorite healthy dishes for some crispy texture.
- It’s better to use fresh veggies in this salad. You can also add any other vegetable you like like romaine lettuce, corn, or cucumber.
More Delicious Salads to try:
Roasted Chickpea Avocado Salad
Roasted Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Plant Based Nuggets
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.)
- 1 stem fresh kale
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup pecans to garnish
- 1 Hass Avocado large
- ½ lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove whole
- cilantro 5 stems
For the Dressing
- In a blender place all the dressing ingredients, avocado, lemon, garlic powder, cilantro, salt and water. Blend until smooth.
For the Salad
- Preheat oven or to 400F. Drain the chickpeas then pat dry them using a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet then drizzle with olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Bake for20-25 minutes, gently mixing every 5 minutes.
- Air fry or bake Raised & Rooted™ Nuggets for 10-12 minutes. Once finished you can slice in half (optional).
- Assemble your bowl by starting off with the kale, the scoop in all of the roasted chickpeas, top with sliced cherry tomatoes, red onions, pecans, avocado dressing, and the Plant Based Nuggets.
- Serve with the dressing and enjoy!
- Don’t add the chickpeas until you’re ready to serve so they keep their crunch.
- Chickpeas can be roasted up to a day ahead of time, but they don’t stay crispy for very long. Keep at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Allow roasted chickpeas to cool completely on the pan before storing them in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.