You need a chilled bowl of this tuna pasta salad in your life! You have your perfectly cooked elbow noodles, chunky white albacore tuna, and the crunchiest veggies soaked with the best blend of seasoning and dressing! Complete dinner in a bowl if you ask me!
This tuna pasta salad will have your heart singing all kinds of music and, most importantly, satisfied! A bowl of this tuna pasta salad includes your favorite veggies, tuna for protein, and pasta for your carbs!
Makes a great meal prep option and excellent for a quick and less fancy dinner if you ask me 🙂 although some may consider this more of an appetizer! A bit of a contrast from my tuna lunch board recipe, which is also a fun recipe to save!
You can call me lazy but this mama deserves to have a break from everything including cooking at times! Especially with homeschooling going on…whew! This right here lasts for a few days in the fridge as long as it is covered. Just grab for it when you’re hungry and you are set.
Can I use a different kind of tuna?
The answer is YES! You can choose any kind of tuna you wish to use! As a matter of fact, I really enjoy adding imitation crab in here 😉 so get creative! If you are VEGAN, simply omit the tuna and sprinkle some flaxseed or hempseed for that added protein!
How long can tuna pasta salad last in the fridge?
It can last for about 3-4 days MAX! It is best enjoyed fresh and longer than 3-4 days will make your veggies less crunchy and the pasta will be overly soggy.
Italian Seasoned Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 16oz package large seashell pasta
- 5 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped
- 1 cup mixed peppers chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives chopped
- ¼ cup red onions vertically sliced, thin
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning dried
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups Italian dressing
- 2 cans (5.1 oz) solid white albacore tuna in water, drained
- Parsley chopped for garnish
- Prepare the pasta by following the package instructions. Strain then add to a large bowl.
- Drain the tuna, chop the ingredients then add to bowl of pasta. Add the remaining ingredients of seasonings and dressings. Mix then garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy right away or chill for 1-2 hours before enjoying.