Mexican night dinners just got better 🙌🏻 There’s a reason to be excited when the best of both worlds collide. Taco Mac & Cheese is the perfect duo! So rich and cheesy, it melts in your mouth mixed with taco seasoned ground beef!
This was SO delicious you guys. My family and I were talking about this for days after we had it for dinner. I took it up a notch by using @Tillamook Sharp Cheddar Slices which gave it a nice bold taste since it’s been aged for over 9 months to just the right sharpness. Aged cheeses, especially cheddar, surprisingly are beneficial.
Tillamook Shreds are thicker, so you get more cheese in one slice and a more bold flavor in every bite. You can find them at your local Winn-Dixie and BiLo to remake this recipe and upgrade all your favorite recipes that call for cheese.
Why try this recipe?
- everyone loves a great Mexican night, so make it a special one with this dish
- kiddos love their mac & cheese and tacos so imagine their delight at having 2-in-1
- it’s the ultimate cheesiest dish for when your craving cheese
- it has something for everyone: pasta, beef, cheese, and spices
- nothing is better than a good change in routine; this dish will really shake things up at the dinner table
There are plenty of fun recipes to try for an all-out Mexican night. This is definitely one that your family will be asking you to remake. You can also check out my Bean Taco Pie recipe for another fun taco recipe! Don’t forget for an authentic Mexican night to make lots of fun dips and a yummy nacho spread!!
Taco Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb elbow pasta
- 1 ½ lb ground meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 2 8 oz sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- 3 cups milk
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tablespoon salt
- Prepare the elbow noodles following package instructions then drain.
- In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil to sauté’ the ground meat for 6-7 minutes. Add in the taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- In the same pot the elbow noodles were boiled in, whisk 1/2 stick of butter and 1/4 cup flour on medium heat until thickened. Then add 3 cups milk, 1/2 tablespoon salt. Whisk on high heat until the sauce is thick
- Add all the @Tillamook cheese to the sauce. Mix until melted and cheesy. Add in the drained elbow noodles, the taco seasoned meat to the pot. Mix well then transfer to a baking dish. (Optional) Sprinkle some cheese to garish. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately