A zucchini egg skillet might sound a bit basic; perhaps a bit uninspiring. But I promise you this luscious zucchini and eggs skillet is so rich in flavor, so easy to cook, and most importantly so delicious it will keep you coming for more.
The savory sweetness of the sauteed onions is in perfect harmony with that of the zucchini. Then, the eggs hold everything together giving you the fluffiest and tastiest texture of all time.
This zucchini egg skillet is incredibly simple and amazingly versatile.
It would make the perfect hearty breakfast to kickstart your day, a wonderful lazy brunch to enjoy with your special ones, or even a great and filling no-fuss dinner for the times you’re too tired to worry about food.
The Fluffiest Zucchini Egg Skillet That Will Conquer Your Hunger Any Time of the Day!
It’s very interesting how the combination of three ingredients only would result in such fantastic flavors. There is no doubt that zucchini and eggs are a great blend.
Actually, different cuisines have their own takes on this particular blend. Granted the flavors and textures of the final product might vary, but the amazing simplicity and wonderful taste are never to be missed.
Italy has a traditional recipe for this one, often topped with cheese. Another way to have zucchini and egg together is by making fritters, which are popular in Asian and Mediterranean cuisines. It seems like no matter where you are, people have found a creative and delicious way to enjoy this holy blend and fit it into their food regimen.
Indulge Yourself With This Guilt-Free Meal!
Reasons to Try This Zucchini Egg skillet
There are many reasons that make this recipe a great addition to your personal recipe notebook!
- It’s super simple to prepare. Come to think of it, this zucchini eggs skillet is basically fool-proof.
- With its 3 ingredients, there is no chance to mess it up, which makes it the perfect recipe to ease beginners into cooking and possibly change the mind of those who decided that cooking is not for them.
- It’s a quick, low-effort, and no-fuss meal. In other words, it’s great for those of us who don’t have the time and energy to prepare feasts every day but still want to cook their own food.
- It’s perfect for food prep! I kid you not! Even though this is already ridiculously easy that you’d probably whip it together before the delivery guy makes it to your house LOL, you can still cut on prep time! You can cut the onions and zucchini the night before and keep them in the refrigerator.
- Better yet, you can sauté them in advance and keep them in the fridge for when you need them. In this case, you just need to reheat your already cooked onions and zucchini, crack your eggs, and voila: here comes the easiest dish in no time! This dish is a savior on those overwhelming days when you need to come out of the kitchen as fast as possible.
- It’s suitable for many diets. Whether you’re trying to eat clean, lose those extra pounds, or you have certain food intolerances, this one is definitely for you! This zucchini egg skillet doesn’t have any processed ingredients, saturated fats, or added sugars. In other words, it is great for vegetarians or anyone on a low-carb diet. It’s both gluten-free and keto-approved. Going for organic eggs and zucchini will ensure that this dish is 100 percent clean!
A Versatile Meal That is Sure to Please Everyone!
Tips and Tricks to Get the Best out of Zucchini Egg Skillet
- For even more flavor, add a tablespoon of butter with the olive oil. The creaminess of the butter will enhance the natural sweetness of the onion and zucchini and make the scrambled eggs even softer. Just the smell of the sauteed veggies in butter and olive oil is enough to melt your heart and tickle your palate.
- For a more pronounced flavor, add about 2 cloves (or as many as you want lol) of minced garlic. You can go wild and even add some thinly cubed green pepper if you like.
- Whatever you do, DO NOT overcook the eggs. It will ruin the texture and sometimes cause an odd smell that no one likes. Two minutes on high heat after cracking the eggs is enough. Take it off the heat, and let it continue to cook on its own.
- If you choose to have this meal as a breakfast or lunch, it would make a great sandwich with French toast or wrapped in pita bread.
- When it comes to garnishing this lovely dish, you can drizzle extra olive oil, add some freshly chopped parsley, or even add your favorite cheese. The options are so many! Don’t settle for basic, when you can have fantastic!
- Serve it with your favorite vegetable. It mixes very well with raddishes and red peppers. Some thinly sliced avocado would make a great addition if you fancy it. It also pairs well with different kinds of salads.
Love Yourself, Eat Clean!
Frequently Asked Questions
Coconut oil or avocado oil would taste great with this recipe.
Absolutely YES! You can either slice your veggies the night before or sautee them the day before and keep them in your fridge ready for when you crave zucchini egg skillet! Just don’t wait more than a couple of days to make sure you’ve got the best flavor!
Definitely, you can add garlic before zucchini and after the onions. Just be careful not to burn it.
I wouldn’t recommend storing food with cooked eggs. It’s best to consume this as soon as it’s done!
Don’t overcook them! Seriously, don’t. The texture will be off and the smell will change. I recommend leaving it on high heat for a couple of minutes after cracking the eggs, then removing it off heat. Don’t worry! The egg will continue to cook because of the trapped heat in the skillet. This way would give you the best and fluffiest texture!
Enjoy the Richness of this Three Ingredients Zucchini Egg Skillet
The Ingredients You Need for This Great Zucchini Egg Skillet
The simplest and healthiest ingredients!
- Zucchinis, sliced
- Olive oil
- Onions, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make this Zucchini Egg Skillet
First, in a medium skillet on high heat, add olive oil and diced onion.
Then, sauté for a few minutes then add the diced zucchini. Sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until onions are translucent and the zucchini is fork-tender. Season with little salt and pepper.
Next, add the four eggs over the onions and zucchini. Cook the eggs for just about 1-2 minutes max or until cooked (you don’t want to overcook the eggs . Remember the eggs continue cooking even after you have removed them off of the heat).
Finally, season with some more salt and pepper. Enjoy with veggies like peppers and radish or with pita bread.
MORE GREAT RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY
- Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
- Skillet- Sauteed Potatoes and Onions
- Mexican Chicken Zucchini Skillet
- Chicken and Potato Béchamel Bake
- Blackened Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
- Simple Skillet Flat Bread
- Beef Steak Fajita Bowl with a Kick
- Crispy Crunchy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread
- Kibbeh Bil Sanieh (Baked Kibbeh)
Zucchini Egg Skillet
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoon olive oil leave 2 table spoons for garnish
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ina medium skillet on high heat, add olive oil and diced onion.
- Sauté for a few minutes then add the diced zucchini. Sauté for about 5-6 minutes or until onions are translucent and the zucchini is forktender. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the four eggs over the onions and zucchini. Cook the eggs for just about 1-2 minutes max or until cooked (you don’t want to overcook the eggs. Remember the eggscontinue cooking even after you have removed them off of the heat.
- Season with some more salt and pepper. Enjoy with veggieslike peppers and radish or with pita bread.