Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread! Looking for flatbread pizza ideas? We have an amazing pizza recipe that is unlike any pizza you have ever tried!
What is ricotta?
The word ricotta means refined! It is derived from Italy and a very popular cheese there and it is one of the oldest cheese. Ricotta cheese has a natural sweetness with a light and creamy texture and is so flavorful in many different dishes. R
icotta has a natural sweetness to it.
It is very popular in savory dishes like pizza or pasta and ofcourse in desserts like cannoli or cheesecake.
Flat Bread or Toast?
• Flat bread: Now, flatbread is very easy to make but if you want a more convenient way it’s best to purchase flatbread from the store. Although, I have a very easy flat bread recipe that you can make in no time.
• Toast: Toast is a great option! Super delicious and it is actually really popular when enjoyed with ricotta and fig or any fruit you like.
Whipped Ricotta Cheese
Whipped ricotta cheese is easy to make. All I did was place ricotta cheese in a small bowl, added honey to sweeten and whipped using a spoon as you can see in the video below.
You can however sweeten ricotta with maple syrup, sugar free sweetener or cane sugar. Ricotta cheese can go a long way since it makes a terrific addition to so many sweet treats like my avocado smoothie recipe that you must check out!
Mango: I added mango since I LOVE this fruit, I LOVE fruit in general but I am sure many can agree that mango is such a tasty sweet fruit that is hard to resist. I like slicing mango into this strip over Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread. Meshes so well with ricotta.
Strawberries: Strawberries are a great addition since they are sweet and subtle
Blackberries: Totally optional but since they are in season I decided to add blackberries. They weren’t sweet so the added sweetness of honey was just perfect.
Figs: It is all about figs! Figs and ricotta cheese over toast is very popular. I really enjoy figs when they are in season so I had to include them in my fruit pizza.
Avocado: Let me tell you something, I almost regret not including avocados but I can always make a special flatbread pizza next time I make a homemade flatbread pizza. Imagine bread, avocado and ricotta cheese? PERFECTION!
Flatbread or Toast?
Making flatbread or dough in general is therapeutic to me. It is so amazing to see how just a few ingredients can come together to give you back the best food ever… BREAD! I encourage you to try my flat bread recipe since you can cook it stovetop and you are done.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, absolutely! I do have a very easy flat bread recipe attached, you can skip making it and grab some from your local bakery or grocery store.
You can use maple syrup or simple syrup
Yes! Use vegan ricotta cheese and drizzle maple syrup instead of honey
Recipes you may want to try
- Loaded Labne Toast
- Zaatar Manakeesh
- Simple Skillet Flat Bread
- Greek Salad on Naan Bread
- Easy Olive Bread
- Easy Grilled Chicken Sub Sandwich
- Date Stuffed Brioche
- Ten Minute Dough
- Lebanese Veggie Pizza (Pie)
- Ten Minute All-Purpose Dough
- Lebanese Spinach Pies-Fatayer
- Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
- Loaded Beef Shawarma Fries
Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread
- In a bowl whip together the ricotta cheese and choice of either honey using a spoon or a whisk
- spoon or a whiskYou can use homemade or store bought flatbread or even toast
- Start by spreading whipped ricotta cheese then layer with figs, mango, strawberries, and blackberries. Finish off with a drizzle of honey.