This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread! Looking for flatbread pizza ideas? We have an amazing pizza recipe that is unlike any pizza you have ever tried!
What is Ricotta?
The word ricotta means refined! Derived from Italy, this is one of the oldest, and most popular, cheese there! Ricotta cheese has a natural sweetness with a light and creamy texture, and is so flavorful in many different dishes.
It is very popular in savory dishes like pizza or pasta, and of course in desserts like cannoli or cheesecake.
Flat Bread or Toast?
• Flat bread: Now flatbread is very easy to make; and if you are interested in making your own, then my easy flat bread recipe will have you enjoying some in no time! However, some might consider it more convenient to purchase it from the store.
• Toast: Toast is a great option! It is super delicious and is actually really popular when enjoyed with ricotta and fig or any fruit you like.
Whipped Ricotta Cheese
Whipped ricotta cheese is easy to make. All I did was place ricotta cheese in a small bowl, added honey to sweeten, then whipped using a spoon as you can see in the video below.
However, you can sweeten ricotta with maple syrup, sugar free sweeteners, or cane sugar. Ricotta cheese can go a long way since it makes a terrific addition to so many sweet treats like my avocado smoothie recipe. A must check!
Mango: I added mango since I LOVE this fruit. I LOVE fruits in general, but I am sure many can agree that mango is such a tasty sweet fruit that is hard to resist. I like slicing mango into thin strips for this Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread recipe. Meshes so well with ricotta.
Strawberries: With their sweet yet subtle taste, strawberries make a great addition to this recipe.
Blackberries: Totally optional; but since they are in season, I decided to add blackberries. They weren’t sweet, so the added sweetness of honey was just perfect.
Figs: It is all about figs! Figs and ricotta cheese over toast is very popular. I really enjoy figs when they are in season, so I just had to include them in my fruit pizza.
Avocado: Let me tell you something, I almost regret not including avocados but I can always make a special flatbread pizza next time! Imagine bread, avocado, and ricotta cheese? PERFECTION!
Flatbread or Toast?
Making flatbread or dough in general is therapeutic to me. It is so amazing to see how just a few ingredients can come together to give you back the best food ever… BREAD! I encourage you to try my flat bread recipe since you can cook it on stovetop. Quick and easy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, absolutely! I do have a very easy flat bread recipe attached, but you can skip making it and grab some from your local bakery or grocery store.
You can use maple syrup or simple syrup.
Yes! Use vegan ricotta cheese and drizzle maple syrup instead of honey.
Recipes you may want to try
- Loaded Labne Toast
- Zaatar Manakeesh
- Simple Skillet Flat Bread
- Greek Salad on Naan Bread
- Easy Olive Bread
- Easy Grilled Chicken Sub Sandwich
- Date Stuffed Brioche
- Ten Minute Dough
- Lebanese Veggie Pizza (Pie)
- Ten Minute All-Purpose Dough
- Lebanese Spinach Pies-Fatayer
- Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Meat Potato Onion Egg Skillet
- Loaded Beef Shawarma Fries
Fruit & Ricotta Flatbread
- In a bowl, whip together the ricotta cheese and your choice of either honey or maple syrup using a spoon or a whisk.
- You can use homemade or store bought flatbread or even toast
- Start by spreading whipped ricotta cheese onto your choice of bread, then layer with figs, mango, strawberries, and blackberries. Finish off with a drizzle of honey.