When you’re looking forward to opening that sweet juicy cantaloupe, but it turns out to have NO taste at all 🤭 bummer! I decided to shift to positive gears and turned this dull fruit into a Cantaloupe Banana Mora Smoothie. It was incredible! I only had a few sips because my family devoured it all 🤗🙌🏻
Being resourceful is important to me, as is offering my family healthy options for food and beverages. This smoothie fulfills both of those things. Instead of throwing out a bland cantaloupe, I decided to make something of it! It didn’t take me long to devise a delicious plan, knowing very well how much my family loves smoothies. Doesn’t everyone?
Benefits of Cantaloupe:
- contains more beta-carotene than other yellow-orange fruit
- full of vitamin A and C
- a great source of folate
- an abundant source of water for hydration- made up of nearly 90% water
- high in fiber
- one slice can contain up to 4% of your daily potassium value
How to choose the best cantaloupe:
Cantaloupes are obviously freshest in the summer. Summer is cantaloupe season and so they are sweetest when in season. Look for the ripest cantaloupe when choosing one. The ripest one should be symmetrical and feel slightly heavier than the rest. It should have a creamy color with little to no green on the outside. It should also smell sweet and may smell a little musky. For a fresher taste, cantaloupe should be served and eaten within max 3 days of buying it.
Why make a Cantaloupe Mora Smoothie?
- All its ingredients (banana, cantaloupe, honey, and mora) are healthy
- It’s super easy to make
- Perfect for a light dessert or a celebration party beverage
- Kids will love its sweet taste and appealing color (great way to sneak in nutrients)
Here are some drinks you may want to try:
Cantaloupe Mora Smoothie
- 1 medium cantaloup cubed
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup frozen mora
- Honey to taste
- Add to the blender the cantaloup, banana, frozen mora and honey. Blend and enjoy topped with coconut whipped cream.