This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A perfect dish for dessert, breakfast, or brunch, you can’t go wrong this Effortless Banana Bread Pudding recipe. A creamy custard-like texture with a sweet cream taste. It has just the right amount of aromatic spices like cinnamon. The almond and vanilla extracts balance perfectly with the banana when combined to make a satisfyingly delicious delight!
Satisfying dish that can served as part of a hearty breakfast, brunch, or as a dessert!
Though it’s typically enjoyed warm, to get that gooey and tender texture of the pudding, it’s also great served cold. Straight out of the fridge is a whole different experience but still just as flavorful. You can serve it up for breakfast! Or, after a hearty dish of hash browns and eggs, a sweet and creamy dish like this would really hit the spot!
An Easy Dish for Your Sweet Cravings!
Frequently Asked Questions
The best bread is a bread that is dry and thick so it doesn’t get easily soggy. French bread works best, as well as sourdough, challah, or any sandwich bread.
Ripe bananas are essential for making delicious banana pudding. They should be perfectly ripe. Yellow with sprinkles of brown. Bananas ripen best in the dark, so place them in a paper bag and keep an eye on them until they’re perfectly ripe.
It should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for anywhere between 3 to 5 days to ensure freshness.
Make, Serve, and Share this Recipe!
Fun Ways of Serving This Dish
You can serve this dish on differing occasions in various ways! That’s one of the reasons I love it so much. Not only does it taste heavenly, but it’s so versatile. Friends and family love when I make this. In fact, I’m often asked for this recipe and I get plenty of requests to bring it with me when we’re doing potlucks and such!
When to Serve:
- As a dessert option when invited to dinner parties and you don’t want to go empty-handed.
- At birthday parties or baby showers.
- For a friends or family brunch.
- After lunch or breakfast to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- On picnics in the park or trips to the beach.
Ways to Serve:
- As is! Meaning straight from the tray or pan you cooked it in.
- You can prepare it and divide it into ramekins and cook. That way you have individual servings.
- Plate it up with your favorite toppings.
- Layer it with some whip cream and fruits in a trifle bowl or transparent glassware.
Effortless Banana Bread Pudding Done Right!
Tips for the Best Banana Bread Pudding
Though my recipes call for French bread or sandwich bread, you can use any unflavored bread of your choice (cinnamon bread works fine). Sourdough bread works as well as challah or brioche.
You can opt to add some nutmeg with the cinnamon as they marry well together in terms of flavor. If it’s fall and you’re in the pumpkin spice mood, sprinkle some of that into the mix as well!
Bananas don’t have to be too ripe. In fact, it’s best not to use overly ripe or spotty bananas so they stay a bit in tact as they bake to avoid mushiness.
You can make a delicious vanilla sauce to add over the pudding after its done made from: butter, cornstarch, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and a bit of salt. Mix on low heat and pour over the pudding warm for added sweetness. Think of it as kind of like a cinnamon roll frosting! Don’t like vanilla? Try putting caramel sauce on top or adding some of your favorite jam or a spoonful of honey!
Don’t over bake to keep a custard-like consistency to your bread pudding.
You can toast the bread a bit before adding the bananas and the mixture so as to keep the bread from getting too soggy. Or, you can simply leave it out overnight to dry out.
I enjoy adding chocolate chips, but you can also add raisins, toffee or butterscotch chips, white chocolate, or some granola into the mix or right on top. Another great addition would be sliced almonds or whole or crushed walnuts!
Storage and Serving:
Should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
You can reheat in the microwave in individual servings or reheat the pan in a traditional oven or toaster oven.
Serve it up with some whip cream, chocolate or caramel sauce, or fruits on top or a side scoop of your favorite ice cream!
Ingredients for Banana Bread Pudding
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Challah, French bread or sandwich bread
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
Forget Pancakes! Kids Will Be Craving This for Breakfast!
How to Make Effortless Banana Bread Pudding
Dice your loaf of French bread, or thick sandwich bread into cubes.
Add the bananas to a large bowl then mash. Then, add in the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, almond extract. Place all the ingredients in a blender or whisk mix well.
Add in the cubed bread and mix
Spray non stick cooking spray onto a glass 9×13 baking dish. Pour mix into a glass baking dish. You can add chocolate chips if you would like! Place in the oven at 350F degrees for 45 minutes.
Other Recipes You May Want To Try
- Middle Eastern Pancakes- Atayif
- Three-Ingredient Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Easy Kunafa with Mozzarella Cheese
- Pan-Fried Honey Cinnamon Bananas
- Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Six-Ingredient Creamy Chocolate Fudgesicles
- Chocolate Coffee Avocado Pudding
- Strawberry Cheesecake Roll
- Halawet El-Riz- Rice and Cheese Cream
- Best Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Effortless Banana Bread Pudding
- 2 loaves French bread or sandwich bread or challah bread
- 2 bananas
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, (optional)
- Dice your loaf of bread into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl then mash, set aside. Then place the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, almond extract into a blender for a minute or so, or whisk all the ingredients with the mashed bananas mix very well. *If you blended the ingredients then combine with the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the diced bread, mix well using a spatula
- Spray non stick cooking spray onto a glass 9×13 baking dish. Pour mix into the glass baking dish. You can add chocolate chips if you would like all over. Place in the oven at 350F degrees for 45 minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate and enjoy!