This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Gigi Hadid Pasta recipe went viral in 2020, exploding on Instagram and TikTok! Is it as good as it sounds?
Absolutely! This creamy, cheesy, spicy pasta tastes so good and is incredibly easy to make!
A Pasta Dish Like No Other!
Gigi Hadid’s pasta recipe is addictive for all the right reasons: it’s flavorful and cheesy with just a hint of spice.
Why Will You Love this Pasta Recipe?
Who Is Gigi Hadid?
Gigi Hadid is an American model who began modeling at the age of two and made her New York Fashion Week debut in 2014.
Gigi Hadid Pasta Ingredients
Aromatics: Onions combined with the nutty flavor of garlic give the dish a kick. You can add shallots if you want.
Tomato Paste: For this pasta sauce, tomato paste is an excellent tomato base. You get all the flavor of tomato paste without diluting the sauce with too much liquid.
Heavy cream: Heavy cream is the ideal creamy base for this sauce (also known as whipping cream). Half-and-half can also be used.
Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese gives the sauce a salty and umami flavor profile, giving it a lot of depth.
Butter: Adding some butter to this pasta dish makes it richer.
Basil Leaves: Basil leaves help to enhance the flavor of the dish.
For quantities, consult the recipe card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
This spicy pasta recipe is delicious on its own, but if you want to add some vegetables to it, try mushrooms and bell peppers.
Gigi Hadid pasta goes well with an Italian green salad or garlic bread.
You can also serve it with grilled chicken.
This spicy pasta will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days when stored in an airtight container.
Gigi Hadid’s used pasta shells in her recipe. However, you can use your favorite pasta, such as penne, rigatoni, or any other type of pasta you prefer.
Yes, adding red pepper flakes makes it a spicy vodka pasta. To reduce the heat, simply leave out the red pepper flakes, and this dish will still be delicious! You can replace the red pepper chili flakes with grated parmesan cheese to make the sauce more cheesy.
Notes and Expert Tips
Spicy: Simply use red chili flakes, a little at a time, and taste before adding more.
Experiment with different onions: Try shallots or red onions.
Are you out of tomato paste? If you don’t have tomato paste, substitute a can of chopped tomatoes.
Reheating: When reheating, add a splash of milk, heavy cream, or pasta water to loosen the sauce and keep it from burning.
Don’t forget to reserve a cup of pasta water for this dish. Add a little more pasta water if the sauce seems too thick after adding the pasta. This is why, even if the recipe only calls for 1/2 cup, I always keep at least one cup on hand.
Gigi Hadid Pasta can be made using any type of pasta even though Gigi’s original recipe used shell pasta
Adapt garnish as you wish; she used basil but you can use parsley or spinach.
You may also like to add some protein to the dish like ground meat, cubed or shredded chicken, or even some seared shrimp.
Gigi Hadid Pasta Ingredients
Steps to Prep Gigi Hadid’s Pasta Recipe
First, cook pasta according to the package instructions. Save ½ cup of pasta water before draining. The starchy pasta water will make the sauce saucier. Set aside!
Next, in a large saucepan on medium-low heat add the olive oil and cubed onions. Sauté’ the onions for a few minutes until translucent then add in the minced garlic and sauté’ for another 1-2 minutes.
Then, add in ½ cup tomato paste, heavy cream, one tablespoon of butter, pasta water, (some add vodka), crushed red pepper (optional) parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
Finally, add in your cooked pasta and mix in with the sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Vegetarian Pasta Recipe, Anyone?
Other Pasta Recipes You Must Try:
- Creamy Salmon and Asparagus Pasta
- Béchamel Pasta Bake (Macarona Béchamel)
- Effortless Greek Pasta Salad!
- Viral Air Fryer Pasta Chips (with zaatar)
- Pasta and Beef in Yogurt Sauce
- Healthy Pasta Salad and Dressing
- Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
- Mediterranean Pasta
- Italian Seasoned Tuna Pasta Salad
- The Best Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- How to Store Lemon and Lime For 3 Months
Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
- Boil your pasta according to the package instructions. Save ½ cup of the pasta water before draining. The starchy pasta water will make the sauce saucier. Set aside!
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add the olive oil and cubed onions. Saute' the onions for a few minutes until translucent then add in the minced garlic and saute' for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, heavy cream, butter, pasta water, (some add vodka), crushed red pepper (optional) parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Add in your drained pasta and mix in with the sauce. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!