This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These days, we are stuck in the mad rush of life. On busy nights where you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, the Lebanese Chicken Shish Tawook Sheet Pan will be your go-to. It is so simple to put together and will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
Introducing you to my amazingly super yummy chicken shish tawook! Place chicken in a flavorful marinade of yogurt, oil, ketchup, vinegar, red pepper paste, and other seasonings. Toss it in the oven and enjoy!
Chicken Shish Tawook Is Next Level Delicious!
Well, Lebanese cuisine is rich and yummy. Lebanese restaurants are famous for meat shawarma, chicken shawarma, Shish Tawook Recipe – Lebanese Grilled Chicken Skewers with delicious mezza like baba ghanoush, tabbouleh, fattoush, Vegetarian Grape Leaves (Instant Pot), and creamy hummus.
Whenever you visit Lebanon, these dishes are must-try meals. You can find a variety of decadent flavors and super delicious tastes. Restaurants serving Middle Eastern dishes are available in many countries. Give them a try!
A 5-Star Meal that You Deserve!
Why I Love Chicken Shish Tawook Sheet Pan
I love almost every Lebanese chicken recipe! This Lebanese Chicken Shish Kabobs Sheet Pan is hassle-free. All you need is a bowl to mix the marinade and a pan to bake the chicken. The ingredients of the marinade are readily available in your kitchen pantry.
I love using a yogurt-base marinade for chicken. It effectively tenderizes the chicken. In addition, creamy, tangy yogurt carries all the flavors into the meat. You will get a super tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken shish tawook sheet pan.
What makes this chicken kabobs even better is that it is perfect for meal prep. You can coat chicken with the marinade, put them in airtight container, and leave them in the fridge to bake the next day. The chicken will soak in all the flavors.
It is no secret! I am sure you agree that sheet pan dinners are great yet so simple. You toss everything on a sheet, place in the oven, and bake!
You Must Try Out this Tender, Juicy Chicken Dish!
How Can You Enjoy Shish Tawook Sheet Pan
Although you can enjoy chicken shish tawook on its own, serving tawook is always a pleasure and the list is endless for how you can enjoy it!
The most famous way in many parts of the Middle East is to spread Lebanese garlic sauce on pita bread. Then, you add chicken shish tawook, French fries, coleslaw, and some salty pickles. Roll and enjoy!
For dips, the sky is the limit. You can prepare some Best Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce, Tastiest Homemade BBQ Sauce, or Homemade Tzatziki Sauce (Greek Yogurt and Cucumber), and others.
Helpful Tips You Must Know
If you like spicy food, you can sprinkle some hot red pepper flakes onto the marinade.
If you do not want to use the oven for any reason, you can cook the marinated chicken in a frying pan. Toss the chicken in a hot pan and leave it on medium heat. Stir frequently to avoid the chicken getting burned.
If you are not a fan of chicken breasts, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
For grilled chicken lovers, chicken shish tawook is also perfect for some Middle Eastern chicken skewers, on an outdoor grill. Enjoy the grilled chicken with friends and family.
You can double or even triple the ingredients if you have a party or a picnic with family and friends. Use a large bowl to mix the yogurt marinade and coat the chicken. You will also need a large pan to bake in.
Juicy Perfection with a Distinctive Rich Red Color!
Frequently Asked Questions
Although both are dairy product with creamy texture and tangy flavor, yogurt here is essential to tenderize the meat.
Well, chicken cubes are usually marinated for 6 to 24 hours max. If you keep it for more than 2 days, the marinade will start to break the fibers and the chicken might become a bit mushy.
Though both are made of boneless chicken, yet each has specific spices and marinade. Chicken tawook is usually cut into cubes while shawarma is cut into thin slices.
Quick and Easy! Try It Now!
Chicken Tawook Sheet Pan
You do not need to head to fast food restaurants to enjoy the best chicken shish tawook. Here I am sharing with you the authentic Lebanese shish tawook recipe that will blow your taste buds away. Let’s get ready!
What You Need
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Pain or Greek yogurt
- Olive oil; or any vegetable oil
- Ketchup; or tomato paste
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper paste
- Garlic powder
- Minced garlic cloves or add more garlic powder
- Oregano seasoning
- White pepper
Steps to Prep
First, preheat the oven to 400°F.
Then, cube the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
In a medium bowl, add yogurt, little olive oil, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper paste, garlic powder, minced cloves of garlic, paprika, oregano, white pepper, cumin, coriander, and salt. Mix the marinade well.
Next, add the chicken cubes to the marinade and mix well until the chicken is well coated. You can choose to bake right away. For best results, you can place in the fridge for 1 to 24 hours covered.
Finally, bake the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. They should be golden brown.
Serve Lebanese chicken shish tawook with creamy hummus, warm rice, salad, in sub, or a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!
Recipes You Should Try
- Best Chicken Finger Dipping Sauce
- Sweet, Spicy, & Crispy Asian Chicken
- Best Ways to Serve Shish Tawook – Lebanese Grilled Chicken
- Shish Tawook Recipe – Lebanese Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Sticky Orange Chicken Recipe
- Greek Salad with Marinated and Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Ground Meat Rice and Chicken (Roz w Jeij)
- Ramen Noodle Chicken Soup (Instant Pot)
- Best Chicken Gallaba
- Durum Wheat Chicken Soup- Frikeh
Lebanese Chicken Shish Tawook Sheet Pan
- 4 pounds chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt, Greek yogurt
- ½ cup olive oil, vegetable oil
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8-10 minced garlic cloves, or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons oregano seasoning
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt, to taste
- First, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Then, cube the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, little olive oil, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper paste, garlic powder, minced cloves of garlic, paprika, oregano, white pepper, cumin, coriander, and salt. Mix the marinade well.
- Next, add the chicken cubes to the marinade and mix well until the chicken is well coated. You can choose to bake right away. For best results, you can place in the fridge for 1 to 24 hours covered.
- Finally, bake the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. They should be golden brown.
- Serve Lebanese chicken shish tawook with warm rice, salad, in sub, or on a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!