Are you planning on enjoying a Shish Tawook BBQ party this weekend with family and friends?
Well, just in case you were looking for top serving recommendations, here are the best different ways to serve Shish Tawook!
Juicy Tender Shish Tawook
What is Chicken Shish Tawook?
Shish Tawook Chicken Recipe is a popular recipe in Lebanese restaurants. Shish Tawook or chicken kabobs are marinated chicken pieces with a rich red color.
If you are planning for an outdoor grill, then thread flavorful chicken cubes onto wooden skewers with green bell peppers. You can also cook cubed chicken tawook in an indoor grill pan.
Lebanese food brings to mind a variety of olfactory elements. It is characterized by the aromatic fragrance of cumin, cinnamon, and other warm spices.
Most Lebanese recipes stem from simple and quality-based ingredients cooked in easy ways, like frying, baking, or grilling.
In addition to refreshing components like lemon, garlic, and leafy green herbs, this delicious cuisine is famous for its “Meze” infused with pops of earthy thyme, citrusy sumac, and the floral sweetness of golden honey-dipped sweets.
Lebanese people love to decorate their dining table with many Middle Eastern dishes. Well-known traditional Lebanese dishes include tabouli, mujadara, falafel, baba ghanouj, sfeeha, shawarma, and many more!
We always have family gatherings during weekends, in which BBQ meat is pretty much the main attraction. It usually includes grilled meat, chicken, or fish.
Best Way to Serve Shish Tawook
What can be better than serving chicken tawook wooden skewers with pita bread and plenty of side dishes and dips? Here we go!
Salads Enrich Your Table!
The star of Middle Eastern flavors is the Lebanese Tabouli Salad (Tabbouleh)! This popular dish is so irresistible with tender chicken chunks.
It is a healthy Mediterranean appetizer made with finely chopped parsley, chopped tomatoes, chopped mint, and bulgur.
The herby and zesty flavors of this salad are so wonderful. Oh! What a fresh, delightful, and flavorful salad it is!
I am not exaggerating when I say that Tabbouleh is my favorite Middle Eastern side dish. Give it a try!
A Such Green Edible Garden!
One other popular Middle Eastern salad is the Fattoush Salad with Dressing. If Tabbouleh is the star of salads, Fattoush is a close runner-up!
A delicious tangy dressing drizzled over bright lively colored vegetables, this salad introduces a bowl with tons of flavors!
Pair this healthy feel-good Lebanese Fattoush Salad with some shish tawook chicken, and impress everyone with this heavenly good salad.
An Ultimate Lebanese Salad!
Sumac Onion Salad
Lebanese people also have a tasty common salad. It’s a combination of finely chopped parsley, red onions, and sumac.
Sumac, a red sour spice native to Middle Eastern cuisine, is the key ingredient in this salad. It paints onions with an attractive red-purple color, that you simply cannot resist.
This sumac onion salad adds a nice crunch to anything it’s added to! It’s ready in only 5 minutes, requires no cooking prep and only a bunch of simple ingredients.
Bright and Crunchy Sumac Salad
For a refreshing kick that compliments your grilled Middle Eastern chicken skewers, try my Homemade Coleslaw Recipe.
Crisp and colorful shredded cabbage tossed in a simple creamy dressing with a hint of sweetness. Simply Irresistible!
In fast food restaurants, this salad is the perfect companion to any tender juicy chicken sandwich.
This Coleslaw salad recipe is perfect for parties and summer potlucks, and is so simple to make. It’s also a go-to side dish for many occasions.
Sweet BBQ Salad
Dips and Sauces: Dip and Enjoy!
Hummus with Tahini is a staple on any Lebanese table, especially when you prepare it next to grilled meat.
Hummus is beautifully smooth, swirled, and fluffy. The combination of tahini and fresh lemon juice makes it delightfully zippy.
Middle Eastern restaurants have this side dish as an essential component in their menu of appetizers.
Healthy Go-To Dip!
My Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is an authentic easy-to-make and versatile Greek sauce. This traditional sauce is well-known and loved around the world.
It is a wonderful combination of Greek yogurt, cucumber, minced garlic cloves, olive oil, and fresh herbs. Tzatziki is cool and refreshing with a creamy and light texture.
It goes along great next to grilled meat and chicken, grilled veggies, pita chips, sandwiches, and more! Dip and enjoy!
Bed of Fluffy Grains!
Enjoy the Lebanese Shish Tawook with some Perfectly Fluffy Quinoa. It’s a bowl of delicate, light, and soft fluffy cooked grains.
Quinoa has a slightly nutty taste, which makes it a good option to pair with your favorite dishes.
Quinoa is very nutritious! It’s full of fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals. You will feel satisfied with a small bowl of quinoa alongside Shish Taouk.
An Easy Grain to Love!
A perfect side dish is Cajun Rice! It is a tasty one-pan meal that features fragrant rice seasoned with Cajun spices.
A super simple recipe that doesn’t require any exotic spices or complicated cooking methods, and it is prepared in less than 30 minutes!
Serve Shish Tawook with a bed of Cajun rice and enjoy a heavenly taste!
Vibrant Rice Dish!
Colorful Roasted Veggies
Roasted Mixed Vegetables
A colorful blend of roasted veggies will be bomb alongside your Shish Taouk!
Roasted Mixed Vegetables With Garlic introduces perfectly roasted tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and okra, seasoned with some garlic and spices.
Something completely magical happens when you pair shish tawook with garlic roasted veggies!
It is so simple to make and oh-so-yummy!
Festival of Colored Veggies!
Spicy Cajun Grilled Corn
Grilled corn is a yummy addition to any barbecue, picnic, dinner, and backyard family cooking adventures!
With a few ingredients like corn, spices, cheese, and butter you can make the best-grilled snack ever!
Give this easy recipe a try, and enjoy your outdoor grill party to the maximum!
What Rich Golden Color!
- Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight, in the refrigerator to allow it to tenderize. It will make the chicken more juicy and flavorful, believe me!
- If using bamboo sticks, soak them for 30-45 minutes. This will keep them from burning and possibly causing burnt woodchips to accumulate inside the shish tawook.
Frequently Asked Questions
After finishing your outdoor grill party, you can store grilled chicken and side dishes leftovers separately in airtight containers for several days.
Reheat grilled chicken shish tawook in the microwave, on stove top, or in the oven wrapped in foil for about 20-30 minutes.
Good Food, Good Mood
Try to serve Shish Tawook with the side dishes I mentioned according to your personal preference. You won’t regret a bite!
I know the list might seem overwhelming, so give whatever poked your attention a try! And hey! There is always a second time to try the rest of the items!
Hope you enjoy your moments with loved ones and don’t forget to drop a comment telling me how it went!
More Flavorful Recipe for You
- Sticky Orange Chicken Recipe
- Refreshing Cucumber Salad
- Homemade Sushi Rolls
- Béchamel Pasta Bake (Macarona Béchamel)
- Ultimate Beef Shawarma Sandwich
- Ramen Noodle Chicken Soup (Instant Pot)
- Ground Meat Rice and Chicken (Roz w Jeij)
- Air Fried Cilantro Chicken Egg Rolls
- Spicy Potato and Cilantro (Batata Harra)
- Best Chicken Gallaba
Best Ways to Serve Shish Tawook
- Shish Tawook Chicken Recipe is a popular recipe in Lebanese restaurants. Shish Tawook is served alongside many delicious side dishes like salads, sauces, dips, fluffy grains, and roasted veggies.
- Tabbouleh: A healthy Mediterranean appetizer made with finely chopped parsley, chopped tomatoes, chopped mint, and bulgur.
- Fattoush: A delicious tangy dressing drizzled over bright lively-colored vegetables, this salad introduces a bowl with tons of flavors!
- Sumac Onions Salad: A combination of finely chopped parsley, red onions, and sumac.
- Coleslaw Salad: Crisp and colorful shredded cabbage tossed in a simple creamy dressing with a hint of sweetness.
Dips and Sauces
- Creamy Hummus: It is beautifully smooth, swirled, and fluffy. The combination of tahini and fresh lemon juice makes hummus delightfully zippy.
- Tzatziki Sauce: A wonderful combination of Greek yogurt, cucumber, minced garlic cloves, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
- Fluffy Quinoa: A bowl of delicate, light, and soft fluffy cooked grains.
- Cajun Rice: A tasty one-pan meal that features fragrant rice seasoned with Cajun spices.
- Roasted Mixed Vegetables: It introduces perfectly roasted tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and okra, seasoned with some garlic and spices.
- Spicy Cajun Grilled Corn: A recipe of a few ingredients like corn, spices, cheese, and butter.