Calling all pasta lovers out there! This 10 Minute Cream Cheese Pasta is the ultimate go-to meal when you are craving delicious carbs. A super speedy pasta recipe ideal for quick, last-minute dinners that will definitely fit in your cramped schedule.
This pasta meal is a heavenly combination of aromatic garlic, olive oil, tangy parmesan, smooth cream cheese, tasty spaghetti, and a final touch of pungent spices that will absolutely take this dish to the next level of greatness!
Cream Cheese Pasta With a Dreamy Sauce
This hearty, creamy pasta dish is not only quick and easy to prepare, but also inexpensive. It is way simpler than you could ever anticipate. It is effortless and simply made with very basic ingredients found in every household.
Why Should You Make This Recipe?
To begin with, cream cheese pasta sauce is considered an easier substitute for the traditional Alfredo sauce. It’s just as delicious and rich as Alfredo sauce, but much easier and less expensive. You will absolutely love it!
Besides, it only requires a handful of ingredients. Most of them are probably available in every kitchen. You only need rich, good-quality cream cheese mixed with tangy parmesan to turn that simple pasta dish into a crowd favorite. However, if you would like to boost the flavor, you can adapt it to your liking, by adding veggies or any kind of protein.
Recipe Variations You Might Like
Even though this pasta recipe is filling and rich on its own, you are granted the option to customize it and add whatever ingredient you find to be an excellent fit for this mouth-watering meal.
Do you have leftover chicken? This meal is ideal for using up any leftover chicken in your fridge. Other protein options that can go really well alongside this creamy dish are smoked or grilled salmon, grilled chicken breast, or even spicy sausages. What a delightful, balanced meal!
If you prefer keeping it vegetarian, stick to veggies. You can insert any roasted vegetable you want or like.
Mushrooms for instance, are great with creamy pasta, you can add them when you sauté the minced garlic with olive oil. Chopped asparagus, sweetcorn, frozen peas, green broccoli, and fresh zucchini can all be added to the dish. Don’t forget that veggies require different sauté times.
What To Pair It With
You can serve this creamy heaven with so many different salads. For instance, you could opt for fresh, tangy, and crunchy salads such as Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing, TikTok’s Viral Green Goddess Salad, Simple Middle Eastern Salad, or Houston’s Kale Salad Copycat Recipe .
Besides, who can resist freshly baked bread served with this dreamy dish. Bread and pasta, what a perfect match! Try pairing this comfy dish with the best homemade Easy Olive Bread.
The Best Creamy Pasta
Pasta: Feel free to try any kind of pasta you want.
Cream cheese: Softened cream cheese, is the secret ingredient to a rich, smooth, and creamy sauce.
Parmesan cheese: It has a powerful salty flavor. I recommend grating your own Parmesan cheese using the smallest side of the grater so it easily melts in the silky cream. Avoid store-bought or pre-shredded Parmesan, it will not melt in the sauce.
Olive oil: It boosts the flavor of all the ingredients in the recipe.
Garlic cloves: Minced garlic, is aromatic and pungent. It enhances the flavor of the creamy sauce.
Pasta water: Put aside some pasta water and add them later on to the sauce. The starch in the water grants the sauce its silky creamy texture.
Salt and pepper: Add to taste.
Chili flakes: It is totally optional, but if you like a kick of heat, you can add some.
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Comfy and Delicious
Tips and Tricks
To make sure that your sauce will end up extra creamy, rich, and silky, save some pasta cooking water and add it later on to the sauce.
Don’t sauté the minced garlic with olive oil on high heat. Instead sauté them on low heat for them to infuse in the oil until fragrant.
Don’t overcook the pasta or the sauce. The sauce will eventually dry out if you keep cooking it for a long time, so when it turns creamy remove the pan off the heat. You can add more pasta water if needed. Whereas the pasta needs to be al dente and not overcooked.
You can opt for any type of pasta that suits your diet and preference. Penne, spaghetti, fusilli, farfalle, or linguine you name it! They all work perfectly well with this recipe.
Grate your own Parmesan cheese at home. Avoid using store-bought shredded Parmesan cheese for it will not melt properly in the sauce. No one wants a lumpy sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely yes! but avoid using fat-free cream cheese.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Place it in a pan on low heat. Add some milk to your pasta to preserve the creamy, rich flavor.
Store-bought Parmesan is filled with starch that prevents it from melting properly in the sauce.
More Easy Pasta Recipe
- Béchamel Pasta Bake (Macarona Béchamel)
- Creamy Salmon and Asparagus Pasta
- Gigi Hadid’s Viral Pasta Recipe (without the vodka)
- Pasta and Beef in Yogurt Sauce
- Effortless Greek Pasta Salad!
- Dairy-Free & Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Mediterranean Pasta
- Italian Seasoned Tuna Pasta Salad
- The Best Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad with Tuna
10 Minute Cream Cheese Pasta
- ½ pound pasta of your choice.
- 5 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Parmesan grated and divided.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided.
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- In a large pot add water and salt, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Be sure to reserve a cup of pasta water and set aside then drain.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil then lower heat and add in the minced garlic and chili flakes (optional) for 2 minutes.
- Then add ½ cup pasta water, the softened cream cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Once creamy, your pasta sauce is ready. Add your drained pasta to the skillet. Gently mix well to evenly coat the pasta in the sauce, if needed add pasta water to accomplish a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Once ready to serve, garnish with the remaining half of the parmesan cheese, drizzle 1 tablespoon on olive oil, black pepper and crushed red pepper for some heat (optional).
- Pasta should be cooked to al dente. Don’t overcook them.
- Grate your own fresh Parmesan cheese, and avoid buying store-bought shredded Parmesan. It will not melt.
- Add pasta water to the sauce for ultra-creaminess.
- You can store pasta leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply