This week’s recipe brings you the ultimate game night appetizer! This Crispy Air-Fried BBQ Chicken Wings recipe introduces well seasoned Air-fried crispy chicken wings smothered in loads of thick homemade barbeque sauce!
So, ever found yourself in need of a quick soul-satisfying meal for the masses? Don’t worry! Just wing it! With Juicy insides and a sweet and sticky outer layer, this meal is a favorite across generations! It is never to be missed!
Crispy Air-Fried BBQ Chicken Wings
These crispy Air-Fried BBQ Chicken Wings allows you to experience flavors like you have never before!
It is simple, quick, and fuss-free! I don’t really get why they are called a side dish or an appetizer, because this one is a dinner table’s main attraction all by its sweet sticky self!
Oh, and you might want to save this recipe! I have a hunch that I will be seeing a lot more of you once that first bite sinks in!
Made With Love and Extra BBQ Sauce!
How to Cut Chicken Wings
Just in case you couldn’t find pre-cut chicken wings, let’s help you turn a whole chicken wing into its 3 portions consisting of a drumette, a wingette and a wing tip with only two simple and easy cuts!
First, Flip your chicken wing skin side down, and use your fingers to locate the joints. You will need to locate the ridge between the drumette and the wingette.
Next, place your sharp knife just beside the ridge, parallel to the drumette, and allow it to cut right through it. You should feel minimal resistance.
Finally, locate the second ridge between the wingette and the tip, and cut all the way through to separate the two pieces.
And there you have it! Perfectly cut chicken wing pieces ready to be the stars in your private cooking show!
The best thing about these Crispy Air-Fried BBQ Chicken Wings is that they make wonderful starters in their own glory, and are friendly enough to allow a side dish tagging along!
Enjoy your crunchy BBQ Chicken Wings with a side of onion rings, baked potato balls, coleslaw, or the KFC copycat baked potato wedges!
I have also heard a couple of raging reviews about trying BBQ wings with a side of sweet potatoes! So why not indulge in a side of air-fried sweet potato fries, or my easy beef and broccoli sweet potato recipe!
You might even want to consider serving your wings with raw vegetables and a side of ranch for dipping.
Finally, pair your favorite game-treat with yet another classic! That’s right! A serving of good old fashioned mac and cheese would make your dinner table a sight to behold!
Sudden Guest? No Worries! Wing it!
Although it is common knowledge that when a plate of BBQ Chicken Wings is served, there is really no need to clean up those dishes. The plates will be spotless! Yeah…it is not only finger licking good!
However, on those rare occasions where your will power is stronger than those hungry taste buds, I have got just the tips for storing your leftover BBQ Chicken Wings.
Storing: Place your chicken wings in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
Freezing: You might even consider freezing the wings for about 1 month in the freezer for future consumption. Consider layering them on a sheet of parchment paper to avoid them fusing together.
Reheating: Spread your wings on a baking sheet, then pop them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350°F. I recommend allowing them to chill at room temperature before you go for the oven.
That One Guilty Pleasure You Don’t Want to Get Rid Off
Tips For Perfect BBQ Chicken Wings
Tip 1: The chicken wings’ cooking time depends on the size of the wings you are using. So although it is important to follow the recipe, keep an eye out for the size and time needed.
Tip 2: You can pair your chicken wings with a side of dipping sauce such as ranch. You can even add a bunch of different spices to fit your fine tastes.
Tip 3: I wouldn’t recommend leaving your BBQ chicken wings at room temperature for more than a few hours. However, you might want to consider preparing the sauce beforehand. The taste is simply delicious!
Tip 4: Don’t overcrowd the air-fryer. Stacking the wings on top of each other will take away some of their crispiness! Work in batches if necessary.
Game Night’s VIP Guest!
Frequently Asked Questions
My recipe calls for cooking the chicken before coating it in sauce. BBQ sauce contains sugar which would leave a bitter taste if cooked too long on high heat, and that’s a risk I wouldn’t want to make.
You need to dry pat your chicken wings to remove excess moisture, allow the seasoning mix to stick to the chicken, and get that delicious crispy crunchiness.
Of course you can! Enjoy this recipe with chicken thighs or evenly cut chicken breasts. Pay attention to adjust the cooking time for doneness.
Share The Recipe With Loved Ones!
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- cut and ready chicken wings
- corn starch
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Cooking Spray
Sticky Barbecue Sauce
- barbecue sauce
- yellow mustard
- Worcestershire Sauce
Dip It Away in Even More BBQ Sauce
Follow The Instructions
First, pat dry your chicken wings well using paper towel.
Second, in a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
Next, sprinkle your spice mix gradually over the chicken wings, mixing every few seconds, to evenly coat all the wings.
Then, spray the air fryer with cooking oil spray and place the chicken wings in the the air fryer tray. Bake them at 380°F for 15 minutes. Flip the wings, then set at 400°F and bake them for 5 more minutes.
Finally, place the air fried wings in a bowl, then pour the sticky barbecue sauce over them. Toss them around to coat well using a tong.
Sticky Barbecue Sauce
First, in a small sauce pan, add the barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce on medium-high heat stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
Then, simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
Finally, add some of the sauce to a bowl, and reserve the rest for serving.
A Step By Step Process!
Pat Dry Your Chicken Wings
Drop In Your Spice Mix
Place Your Chicken Wings In The Air-Fryer
Bake at 380°F For 15 Minutes
Place Your Wings in a Bowl
Pour The Sticky BBQ Sauce Over The Wings
Other Recipes For You
- Chicken And Potato Béchamel Bake
- KFC Copycat Baked Potato Wedges
- Perfectly Seasoned Baked Potato Balls Recipe
- Tender Slow Cooked Roast Beef
- Tastiest Homemade Coleslaw Recipe
- Easy 15 Minute Sheet Pan Fajitas
- Beef And Broccoli Sweet Potatoes
- Best Mac And Cheese Recipe
- Beef Shawarma Egg Rolls-Air Fried
- Crispy Air-Fried Sweet Potato Fries
Crispy Air-Fried BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds cut and ready chicken wings 24-30 wing pieces
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- cooking spray
Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 1½ cups barbeque sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. ketshup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
For The Wings
- Pat dry the chicken wings well using paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle the spice mix gradually over the chicken wings mixing every few seconds to evenly coat all the wings.
- Spray the air fryer with cooking oil spray then place the chicken wings in the air fryer tray.
- Bake them at 380°F for 15 minutes. Flip the wings, then set at 400°F and bake them for 5 more minutes.
- Place the air fried wings in a bowl, then pour the sticky barbecue sauce over them. Toss them around to coat well using a tong.
Sticky BBQ Sauce
- In a small sauce pan add the barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire on medium-high heat stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add of the sauce to a bowl, and reserve the rest for serving.
- The chicken wings’ cooking time depends on the size of the wings you are using. So, although it is important to follow the recipe, keep an eye out for the size and time needed.
- You can pair your chicken wings with a side of dipping sauce such as ranch. You can even add a bunch of different spices to fit your fine tastes.
- I wouldn’t recommend leaving your BBQ chicken wings at room temperature for more than a few hours. However, you might want to consider preparing the sauce beforehand.
- Don’t overcrowd the air-fryer. Stacking the wings on top of each other will take away some of their crispiness! Work in batches if necessary.
These look incredibly delicious. Will be on my menu for Saturday!
Hello. These chicken wings look so delicious. I just have a question. Can i use the honey sriracha sauce ibstrad of the bbq sauce for coating?
Yes you sure can!
I highly recommend this recipe. The best wings I’ve ever made. Tasted great with bbq sauce