This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Cake is not just a dessert that satisfies your craving for a sweet treat. Rather, it is a means by which you enjoy baking and then eating your favorite dessert.
Simple ingredients, easy steps, and most importantly, healthy benefits are the highlights of this recipe. The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Cake is the perfect recipe when you find some extra or overripe bananas in your pantry. It is also ideal for those with gluten intolerance.
A Spectacular Scene of a Low-Carb Cake
So the next time you go shopping for food, don’t leave the grocery stores before picking some overripe bananas. Use these bananas alongside the other ingredients to make this easy moist cake for which you need no special equipment to prepare. You just need a large mixing bowl and a baking pan.
Storing the Almond Flour Banana Cake
The delicate and savory taste of the almond flour banana cake is better enjoyed the next day. This is because the mild sweetness and richness become more concentrated when the cake cools down.
However, to ensure these better effects, you need to consider some hints related to storing this type of cake.
- At Room Temperature: If you want to keep the cake at room temperature without putting it in the fridge, just make sure it is wrapped properly. In this case, it remains valid up to three days. But during hot or humid weather, it is better to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerated: You can store the cake in the fridge for one week maximum. Here, you also have to make sure that the cake, whether whole or sliced, is tightly covered.
- Frozen: Wrap the cake well, and place it in the freezer. Consume it within a month. For this storage option, you can cut the cake into slices and distribute them over zip-lock freezer bags.
Wrapping the Stored Cake
Never use plastic wrap alone to cover the cake. Moisture will be trapped, and the cake will become soggy. Use aluminum foil first and then cover it with plastic wrap.
You can also cut the cake into slices and place them in bags of desired quantities in the freezer. Then, take out any cake pieces or slices whenever you want to, thaw them for about 15 minutes, and munch them thereafter.
Save the Last Bites for the Winter Vibes!
Tips for the Best Almond Flour Cake
Leave the cake to cool in the pan for 5 -10 minutes before turning it onto a rack or platter.
You can add some chopped nuts to the batter before pouring it in the baking pan. This will give the cake a crunchy touch alongside its fluffiness.
You can cover the baking pan with parchment batter. This is key to the consistency of the cake texture.
Check out the recipe card below for more helpful tips.
A Gluten-Free Masterpiece
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Unfortunately, this doesn’t work at all. Real eggs cannot be substituted by any other ingredient in this recipe.
Although I do not recommend doing so, you can still use other types of flour. Just make sure that you maintain the ingredients ratio, and remember that some types of flour are not gluten-free.
Because of the low carbohydrate count in yeast, almond flour does not rise with this agent. Thus, baking soda is not replaceable in this recipe.
Divine, Fresh, and Palatable
Steps to Prep
First, preheat the oven to 325°F.
Next, grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with an oil spray or any other greasing material so that the cake does not stick to the pan floor.
After that, mix the dry ingredients. In a bowl, put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix them well.
Then, in another bowl, mash the bananas using a fork or a potato masher to get a smooth and creamy paste. Add the mashed bananas to the previous dry mixture.
As for the wet ingredients, whisk in the milk, oil, honey, and eggs, and blend them all together.
Then, add the ground cinnamon. Mix them well, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
After that, pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan greased with cooking oil spray. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes.
Finally, let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove it to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting this healthy banana bread into slices.
An optional step: Instead of adding the chocolate chips into the batter, melt them with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for 45 seconds in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds. Then, drizzle the melted chocolate over the whole cake or per piece.
Now, sink your teeth into this low-carb, almond meal with its irresistible banana flavor.
Other Recipes You Must Try:
- Easy Low Carb Turmeric Cake – Sfoof
- Low Carb Egg Wrap
- Easy Low Carb Bagel
- Chocolate Cloud Bread-Viral TikTok Bread (Gluten
- Dalgona Coffee
- Gluten-Free Flat Bread-10 Minute Dough (No Yeast)
- Vegan Banana Blender Pancakes
- 10 Minute Air Fried Viral Breakfast Cookie
- Creamy Vegan Rice Pudding (Dairy & Gluten
- Vegetarian Lentil Shepard’s Pie
Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Cake
- First, preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Then, grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- After that, mash the bananas, and then whisk in the milk, oil, honey, and eggs.
- Add the ground cinnamon. Mix well, and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan greased with cooking oil spray.
- Then, bake the cake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes.
- Cool it in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to cool completely on a wire rack and finally slicing it.
- This step is optional. Instead of adding the chocolate chips into the batter, melt them with 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for 45 seconds in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle the melted blend over the whole cake or per piece.