This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Gluten-Free Flat Bread recipe is a literal multitasking lifesaver! Aside from being a dreamy edition to gluten-free diets, it is easy and takes about 10 minutes to whip out!
Read this blog: How To Perfectly Knead Your Dough.
Gluten-Free Flat Bread
Now for this Gluten-Free Flat Bread, the process might make you skeptical, but trust me the end result is absolutely worth it!
Keep in mind that the texture and taste are slightly different and can’t be compared to that of regular dough. This is because of the difference in ingredients, but I’m sure you’ll love this gluten-free version. It has a great texture and taste.
However, I recommend that you trust the process and the fact that it will come together at the end!
Besides, just remember the amazing fact that with only 3 ingredients (no yeast needed), you will be enjoying a hot serving of soft and delicious gf bread.
The Perfect Choice for a Gluten-Free Diet!
Gluten-Free Flat Bread? Really?
If you’ve been anywhere near social media, you would know that a buzz broke through about gluten-free diets and gluten-free baking.
But can you be part of the rage? Is it the right choice for your body? Well…I will let you be the judge of that! Here is everything you need to know about gluten-free diets!
This supposedly “evil substance” is a protein that comes from wheat, rye, barley, and triticale. It can be extracted, concentrated, or added to certain food for texture, shape, and flavor.
Gluten is usually found in foods like baked goods, pasta, pizza, ice cream, or medications, supplements, and beauty products.
Simply put, a gluten-free diet means sketching a food plan that excludes any food containing gluten.
However, this doesn’t mean cutting off all carbohydrates! There are a lot of gluten-free food that contains carbs, like rice and potatoes.
Is a Gluten-Free Diet for Me?
A gluten-free diet might be the right call for you if you have celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or are allergic to wheat.
In these cases, your body will be the one to blaze the alarms and tell you that something is seriously wrong.
Symptoms such as stomach pain, fatigue, nausea, bloating, constipation, or gas are reason enough to consult a doctor or a dietitian.
Hop on The Gluten-Free Rage
Get to Know Your Ingredients!
And just when you thought that making these Gluten-Free Flat Bread couldn’t get any easier, I came rolling in with ingredient substitutions that will get the job done just as deliciously! Here are the simple ingredients you need for this easy gluten-free flatbread recipe.
When it comes to the main ingredient, you can use gluten-free flour or gluten-free self-raising flour! Both will work just the same. Coconut flour, Tapioca Starch, chickpea flour, or almond flour work as well!
However, if you are not following a gluten-free diet, then regular all-purpose flour or sself-risingall-purpose flour will get the job done.
Whether you use full-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt, you will end up with the same results. Just follow the directions below, keep an eye on my tips, and watch the video if it helps.
As for using plain yogurt, despite the fact that my kids loved the taste, I found that it leaves the dough slightly wet on the inside (as if not cooked thoroughly). Better stick to Greek yogurt!
Oh! If you are a vegan or follow a dairy-free diet, then vegan Greek yogurt is a literal lifesaver for this recipe! Make sure you check it out!
Also, Labne is a soft cheese spread. It works perfectly with the same exact measurements.
Safer Food for The Body
Ways to Enjoy Your Gluten-Free Bread!
When I was making these Gluten-Free Flat Bread, 2 images were drawn inside my head!
The first one would include a hot piece of soft flat bread covered with an aromatic coat of Zaatar (thyme) and olive oil, or a dreamy coat of cheesy goodness with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Paired with a hot cup of tea? Heaven.
As for the second one, picture this! A soft piece of bread dipped away in a rich, smooth, and creamy dip. My recipes of Turkish Labne, guacamole, refreshing tzatziki sauce, or hummus with tahini would make pretty good candidates!
Spread or Dip It Away!
Tips for Delicious Gluten-Free Flat Bread!
Tip 1: Reheat your bread by placing it in the microwave, or a hot skillet on medium heat, for a few minutes. This should turn them brand new.
Tip 2: Turn your gluten-free flat bread into your favorite choice of flatbread pizza or Manakish (Lebanese flatbread with zaatar or cheese)! Top the gluten-free pizza dough with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Tip 3: Measuring dry ingredients such as gluten-free flour the right way is extremely important! Don’t scoop your flour with the measuring cup itself. Instead, spoon the flour into the measuring cup to the top rim, then level it off with a knife.
Avoid packing your flour into the cup to fit more!
Accurately Measure Your Gluten-Free Flour!
Frequently Asked Questions
You are going to have to bear with me on this! As shown in the video, you will want to knead, squeeze, and keep kneading until you have a soft dough ball that feels slightly damp. If your dough still feels dry and hasn’t come together, add 1/2 tablespoon of Greek yogurt at a time until you have the right consistency.
Sure you can! Add a bit of flavor to your dough by sprinkling a teaspoon of dried or fresh herbs (fresh or dry rosemary), garlic powder, or your favorite spices!
I would recommend wrapping and storing them at room temperature for 3-4 days. If you are interested in freezing, then wrap them well and pop them in the freezer for a couple of months. They keep at room temperature for quite a while too!
What a Perfect Flatbread Looks Like to Me!
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- gluten free flour, or self rising gluten free flour
- baking powder
- Greek yogurt, or vegan Greek yogurt for vegans
10-Minute Gluten-Free Delicious Flatbread
Follow The Instructions
First, in a large mixing bowl, mix gluten free flour, baking powder and Greek yogurt. Using your hands, squeeze the ingredients together.
Second, once the dough has formed, cover it with a kitchen towel as you grab the rolling pin, parchment paper (baking sheet), and flour.
Third, cut parchment paper into 2 (one under the dough and one on top of the dough). Place one of the parchment papers on your working table, sprinkle some flour on it.
Next, divide your dough into four equal pieces. Take one piece of dough, and gently roll into a ball using your hands.
Then, turn the heat on high to a cast iron for about 3-4 minutes then lower the heat to low. Place the ball of dough on to the floured parchment paper then roll it in the flour.
Top the dough with the second parchment paper, using a rolling pin gently roll flat but don’t press too hard. Then, turn the parchment paper and roll the dough in width (see video below).
Finally, place the dough on heated cast iron or skillet for about 1-2 minutes (lift and check the bottom of the bread to make sure it is cooked) then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until done.
Read this blog: How To Perfectly Knead Your Dough.
A Detailed Guide Just for You!
Step 1: Get Your Ingredients Ready
Step 2: Squeeze, Squeeze, Squeeze!
Step 3: Form a Ball
Step 4: Time to Get Serious
Step 5: Roll It!
What You Are Looking for!
Step 6: Onto The Iron Skillet
Step 7: Flip it!
The Final Result!
Other Recipes for You
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Naan Bread
- Gluten Free All Purpose Dough
- Gluten-Free Zaatar Flat Bread
- Creamy Vegan Rice Pudding (Dairy & Gluten Free)
- Creamy Brown Lentil Dahl (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Lebanese Tabouli Salad
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Cucumber-Yogurt Mint Garlic Salad
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower With Tahini Dressing
- Spicy Potato and Cilantro (Batata Harra)
- Baked Cumin Chicken and Potatoes
- Perfect White Vermicelli Rice
- TikTok’s Viral Green Goddess Salad
Gluten-Free Flat Bread-10 Minute Dough (No Yeast)
- 1 cup gluten free flour , Self rising gluten free flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt , Vegan Greek yogurt for vegans
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, mix gluten free flour, baking powder and Greek yogurt.
- Using your hands, squeeze the ingredients together.
- Once the dough has formed, cover it with a kitchen towel as you grab the rolling pin parchment paper and flour.
- Cut parchment paper into 2 (one under the dough and one on top of the dough).
- Place one of the parchment papers on your working table, sprinkle some flour on it.
- Divide your dough into four. Take one piece of dough, and gently roll into a ball using your hands.
- Turn the heat on high to a cast iron for about 3-4 minutes then lower the heat to low. Place the ball of dough on to the floured parchment paper then roll it in the flour.
- Top the dough with the second parchment paper, using a rolling pin gently roll flat, but don’t press too hard.
- Then, turn the parchment paper and roll the dough in width.
- Place the dough on heated cast iron or skillet for about 1-2 minutes (lift and check the bottom of the bread to make sure it is cooked).
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until done.
- Reheat your bread by placing it in the microwave for a few minutes, or placing it in a hot skillet. This should turn them brand new.
- Turn your gluten-free flatbread into your favorite choice of pizza or Manakish (Lebanese flatbread with zaatar or cheese)! They make a pretty good base!
- Measuring gluten-free flour the right way is extremely important! Don’t scoop your flour with the measuring cup itself; instead, spoon the flour into the measuring cup to the top rim, then level it off with a knife. Avoid packing your flour into the cup to fit more!