Sometimes my friends, one should take a step back and relish on some classics. And what better example to enjoy than this filling, satisfying, and oh-so-delicious Easy Low-Carb Bagels.
It is safe to say that this recipe aims to deliver! A healthier take on our favorite bread, this recipe presents a soft chewy bagel with a tender crust that is perfect for a filling breakfast, brunch, or even snack!
Enjoy the flavorful mix of cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, and the right kind of seasoning! It will definitely satisfy the hungry monster itching to make an appearance after your steaming morning cup of coffee!
Easy Low-Carb Bagels
This Easy Low-Carb Bagels recipe is proof enough that the classics never go out of style! A homemade bagel is the perfect fix for an eventful day ahead.
Play around with fillings, spreads, and seasoning, and customize it to your liking. Enjoy it with your favorite cup of coffee or juice, and munch on some fresh veggies while you are at it!
Stick around to realize that this recipe was made with faith, love, and a sprinkle of seasoning!
Mix and Match!
It is no secret that the best things always come in pairs! We tend to mix and match every aspect of our life; starting from clothes all the way to our bagel breakfast! So here are a few filling ideas you can pair your Low-Carb Bagels with!
Fill your bagel with some creamy goodness like butter, cream cheese, or some homemade Tzatziki sauce. In addition, these bagels would go great with some jam, tuna salad, egg salad, scrambled egg, smoked salmon, or cooked bacon.
Oh! And don’t forget to crunch on some fresh veggies while enjoying a tender warm bite of your homemade low-carb bagels.
A Healthy Start to Your Day!
Other Recipe Variations for You
Whoever said bread is basic is about to stand corrected! Go above and beyond, and allow your taste buds the chance to explore different variations of this Easy Low-Carb Bagel recipe. There is nothing wrong with sprinkling some creativity into a recipe!
Poppy Seed Bagel: Sprinkle some Poppy seed on top of your bagel. This will add a sort of a nutty or fruity flavor to your bite.
Sesame Bagel: Some sesame seeds on top of your bagel will ooze simplicity, and allow you to enjoy a classic recipe with a toasty crunch.
Asiago Bagel: This one is a cheese lover’s favorite breakfast. Add ¼ cup of shredded cheese into your bagel, and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top. A welcomed addiction!
Onion Bagel: Get ready for a burst of flavor by adding ½ teaspoon of salt, onion powder, and onion flakes. Dust your bagel with sesame seed, onion flakes, and salt. Things just got spicy!
Cinnamon Raisin Bagel: When the sweet cravings hit, you know you can’t resist some cinnamon-y delight. Add ½ tablespoon of cinnamon and 3 tablespoons of raisins into your dough.
Customize It to Your Liking!
No matter how scrumptious a recipe is, we are so often left staring at one lonely piece that’s just as filling, and doesn’t deserve to be wasted. So, here are a few storing instructions for your leftovers.
Storing: Keep your low-carb bagel in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last for about 4 days.
Freezing: Place your bagel in zip lock bags in the freezer. It will keep well for a few months.
Reheating: Microwave your bagel for 30 seconds (or as much as it takes to warm), then slice and enjoy!
Tips for Perfect Low-Carb Bagels!
The art of cooking can prove to be a tricky ordeal sometimes. I mean, a wrong poke can result in unsatisfactory results. Well to avoid that, I came bearing some of the tricks that I have up my sleeve to guarantee you perfect results!
First, try to measure and prepare everything beforehand. Because you are dealing with melted cheese, it is crucial not allowing your cheese to cool too much or else you will find difficulty making a smooth dough.
Second, if you are aiming for a beaming golden brown bagel with a crispy texture, then beat some egg white and brush the top of the bagel with it before baking.
Third, use a donut pan to create perfect circular shapes if you are not confident in your shaping powers.
Finally, play around with the seasoning by substituting your everything but bagel seasoning with some rosemary, pepper, onion flakes, garlic salt, or cinnamon.
A Cup of Coffee’s Perfect Match!
Frequently Asked Questions
If your bread flattens out while baking, then add 2 tablespoons or ¼ cups of almond flour.
These low-carb bagels are probably the closest alternative to regular bagels you will find. Trust me you will enjoy what you are being served!
Sure it can! Nothing beats a toasted bagel. Slice it in half, pop it in your toaster and enjoy!
The Ingredients You Need
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- blanched almond flour
- cream cheese
- cooking spray
- baking powder
- everything but the bagel seasoning
A Healthier Take on a Classic
Follow These Easy Steps
First, preheat the oven to 375 °F and prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a medium heatproof bowl, add almond flour, a pinch of the seasoning mix, and baking powder; and whisk until everything is well mixed.
Then, add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to the same bowl. Place over a pot of boiling water on low-medium heat, and stir until cheese melts and forms a dough. Or simply, microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Stir until the mixture forms a dough.
Next, add the egg to the same bowl, mixing it well. If easier, use your hands to knead once the dough is cool enough.
Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a log about 6 inches long, and attach the ends to form a bagel shape. Place the bagels at least 1 inch apart on the prepared lined baking sheet.
Now spray the bagels with cooking spray across the tops. Take the remaining seasoning mix and sprinkle on top.
Finally, bake until golden brown on top for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Allow bagels to cool for 10 minutes before indulging.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Best Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Fruit and Ricotta Flatbread
- Simple Skillet Flatbread
- Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Lebanese Veggie Pizza (Pie)
- Ten-Minute All-Purpose Dough
- Lebanese Spinach Pies-Fatayer
- Easy Olive Bread
- Mediterranean Salad Pita Wraps
- Greek Salad on Naan Bread
Easy Low Carb Bagel
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 egg large
- ½ tablespoon cooking spray
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium heat proof bowl, add almond flour, a pinch of the seasoning mix, and baking powder, and whisk well.
- Then, add mozzarella cheese and cream cheese to the same bowl. Place over a pot of boiling water on low-medium heat, stir until the cheese melts and forms a dough. Or simply Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 45 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Stir until the mixture forms a dough.
- Add the egg to the same bowl, mixing it in until it is well mixed. If easier, use your hands to knead once the dough is cool enough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a log about 6 inches long, and attach the ends to form a bagel shape. Place the bagels at least 1 inch apart on the prepared lined baking sheet.
- Spray the bagels with cooking spray across the tops. Take the remaining seasoning mix and sprinkle some on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow bagels to cool for 10 minutes before indulging.