Who says a tuna lunch can’t be creative and easy? This tuna lunch board brings together health, creativity, and simplicity in a gorgeous form. This StarKist Tuna Pouches inspired lunch board has all the essentials of a nutritious meal from protein to veggies, put together artistically to create an appeal for young and old.
Health benefits of Tuna:
- a good source of protein
- low in calories
- increases feeling of fullness and reduces cravings (perfect for weight loss)
- has omega-3 fatty acids that improve eye, heart, and brain health
- a good source of vitamin D and selenium
Health benefits of boiled eggs:
- have vitamins A, B5, B12, phosphorous, and selenium
- raise HDL or the “good” cholesterol
- contains choline
- linked to reduced risk of heart disease
- high in protein with essential amino acids
How to put together lunch boards:
- Keep the food items on your board balanced by ensuring they taste good together and come from different food groups.
- Don’t clutter your board with too many decorative food items that will mostly likely not be eaten. Keeping it simple will make it easier to pick and choose what to eat.
- Get creative! Play around with designs for the layout of the board with your chosen food items. Food is art and what’s appealing to the eye is appealing to the stomach.
- Switch up your lunch board style based on the type of lunch and food items being served.
- Try to incorporate food items that add vibrancy and color to appeal to the eye.
Recipes you may want to try
- TUNA SALAD
- LEBANESE TABOULI SALAD
- AMERICAN GOULASH
- MEDITERRANEAN READY PASTA
- LOW CARB TURMERIC CAKE – SFOOF
Tuna Lunch Board
- 2 Starkist Tuna Packets
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- cubed cheese
- kalamata olives
- wheat crackers