This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This 2-ingredient Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats is a super easy recipe that you can have for breakfast or a light snack. Creamy, pleasantly chewy, and nutty, this recipe will leave you feeling satisfied in a deep, wholesome way.
Why You Will Enjoy this Recipe?
You will enjoy this 2-ingredient Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats recipe for it being literally so easy to make and not requiring that many ingredients.
When you are rushing in the morning, trying to get everything ready, you would want to have something that is already nutritious and quick. This makes this recipe perfect for you.
Plus, you will find this 2-ingredient Instant Pot Steel Cut Oat not complicated, which makes you less likely to make a simple mistake while making it. It is a recipe that is suitable for everyone’s taste thanks to the many topping varieties you can add.
What is the Difference Between Steel Cut Oats and Other Oats?
Other oats, like oatmeal, are rolled and shaped differently and are more processed. They do this to help with the cooking process. They are cooked faster and are more processed.
On the other hand, steel-cut oats are much less processed. They are richer in fiber, which will probably make you feel fuller.
Moreover, steel-cut oats require more time to cook which is why they require soaking or cooking using a pressure cooker.
Burst of Flavors
What are Some Topping Mixes to Add to the 2-ingredient Instant Pot Steel Cut Oat?
There are many options to add to your instant-cut pot steel. They are flavorful and tasteful.
You can add peanut butter and bananas since they go together. You can add peanut butter with slices of bananas and sprinkle cinnamon on top of them.
In addition, if you love berries in all their varieties, you can also add them. You can go for the mix of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries on top of the instant pot steel-cut oats. Another option is to go for one type of berry with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Moreover, old-fashioned peanut butter and jam work fine too. They bring some sweetness to the oats. Together with the nutty flavor of peanut butter, you will get the perfect blend of flavors.
Tips For Great Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Store the cut oats in an airtight container after they have cooled down properly. This preserves the taste of cooked oats.
You should use a pressure cooker, which helps a lot in cooking these steel-cut oats. You will notice that without the pressure cooker, they would need more time to cook.
Add a ratio of 3 to 1 for oats, which means 3 cups of your chosen milk or water to a cup of cut steel oats.
You can prepare instant pot, steel, and cut oats overnight so that you have breakfast ready in the morning. Follow the instructions below, and by the time you are up in the morning, the pressure will have been released, and breakfast will be ready to go!
So Golden, So Heavenly!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
You can keep this instant pot of steel-cut oats for about 5 days in the fridge. It is best consumed within the first three days.
Absolutely! You can add your favorite toppings to this instant steel cut. Adding dried fruits or shredded coconut flakes makes a delicious pot. You can experiment with different toppings for this pot.
It is not recommended to use regular oats for this recipe. Regular oats cook faster and are not appropriate to be put in a pressure cooker.
List of Simple Ingredients
Steel-cut oats: These are a type of oat that is chewy and requires a pressure cooker. They have a coarse texture and a nutty flavor. They are minimally processed and are considered whole grains.
Almond milk, milk of choice, or water: Adding milk to the recipe makes the taste richer; it depends on your preference. Almond milk has a sweet, nutty flavor that is a bit similar to that of regular milk. However, water adds no taste to the oats; it just helps with the cooking.
Blossom water (optional): This step is optional for those who like an additional orange-like flavor to the instant pot steel-cut oats.
Ground cinnamon: This is an optional ingredient you can add to your oats. It adds a sweet and woody flavor to the oats. It goes with the winter food vibes. (Scroll down for recipe details.)
Follow the Instructions
First, add 1 cup of steel cut oats and 3 cups of almond milk or milk of choice or water to your pressure cooker pot.
Now, please turn the lead onto the park and turn it until the lid is locked.
Add Your Choice of Milk.
Next, turn on manual mode and cook for 10 minutes. Once the cooking is finished, the pressure cooker will beep. You can either let it self-release or move the valve to release it.
Mix them well!
Once the pressure is released your instant pot steel-cut oats are ready!
Notice the Consistency
Check Out These Other Delicious Recipes
- Microwave Chocolate Caramel Mug Cake Recipe
- Tasty Date and Biscuit Balls
- DIY Mini Caramel Candy Apples!
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- Osmaliyi Dessert With Ashta
- No Bake Graham Cracker Coffee Cake
- Oat milk Pumpkin Spice Latte (Dairy Free)
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffin
- Gluten-Free Almond Flour Banana Cake
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies
2-Ingredient Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups almond milk, or milk of choice or water
- 2 tablespoons blossom water (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,optional
- Add 1 cup of steel cut oats and 3 cups of almond milk or milk of choice or water to your pressure cooker pot.
- Please the lead on to the park and turn it until the lid is locked.
- Turn on manual mode on cook for 10 minutes. Once the cooking is finished the pressure cooker will beep. You can either allow it to self release or you can move the valve to release. Please follow the manualinstructions for your pressure cooker. ( note that you can prepare this overnight)
- Once the pressure is released your instant pot steel cut oats are ready!
- Place in a serving dish, then top with your favorite sweetener like honey or maple syrup andtoppings like bananas, berries and coconut flakes.
- You can prepare instant pot, steel, and cut oats overnight so that you have breakfast ready in the morning.
- Simply follow the instructions above and by the time you are up in the morning, the pressure would have been released, and breakfast is ready to go!