Whenever your sweet tooth craves something sweet, check out this recipe. It is a side dish that literally raises every main dish it goes with to a higher level. Caramelized Pineapple with Cinnamon and Honey works as a sauce, dessert, or side dish that your family and guests will welcome with a wide grin.
For this easy and quick recipe, you need just four ingredients. Get some sliced pineapples, butter, cinnamon, and honey, and you’re good to go; it’s that simple! Not only are the ingredients simple and inexpensive, but the steps are also simple and few. The result is a caramelized and juicy dessert that cuddles your heart before your stomach.
A 5-Star Pineapple Treat
Cooking Pineapples: A Fabulous Idea
While pineapples are much enjoyed raw, it would also be a great idea to cook them. You might wonder why bother yourself, but once you know the benefits of cooking pineapples, you will change your mind.
First of all, pineapples become sweeter with cooking. Frying or grilling pineapples makes the natural sugars in the fruit more condensed. This results in a scrumptious caramelized flavor and a crunchy taste.
Besides, with cooking, pineapples become less acidic. Heat makes bromelain- the acidic enzyme in pineapples- inactive. In this way, you can enjoy eating the fruit without having your mouth hurt.
Finally, grilling, baking, or frying pineapples keeps all the natural juices of the fruit. That’s why cooked pineapple changes every main dish it comes with into a savory meal that is second to none.
Caramelized Pineapple: A Friend of Many Dishes
Since caramelized pineapple with cinnamon and honey is a side dish, you can serve it with a variety of main dishes. It is that sweet-sour recipe that can be served with grills, burgers, sandwiches, steaks, salads, and desserts.
Grills: Caramelized pineapple instantly elevates any grilled dish with its savory taste. I often serve it with kebabs, steaks, BBQs, and roasted meats.
Sandwiches: The juiciness of this recipe makes the sandwiches it is served with taste better. It is that caramelized sauce resulting from butter and honey with the stinging flavor of cinnamon that makes every sandwich perfect and more appetizing.
Desserts: Caramelized pineapple works as a dessert by itself, but you can use it with other sweet treats. Top it over ice creams, cakes, and other sweet baked goods. However, this recipe remains a dessert by itself.
How to Peel and Cut a Fresh Pineapple?
A pineapple sliced into large pieces is the main ingredient in this recipe. So it is better to know how to peel and cut this juicy fruit.
On a cutting board, cut the top and bottom ends of the pineapple first. This keeps the pineapple fixed. Then, work your knife through the outside part of the fruit. Move the knife downwards to remove the hard outer skin of the pineapple.
While the pineapple is still sitting on the cutting board, make a vertical cut through the middle of the fruit. Then, cut horizontally from the opposite direction. Depending on the size of the fruit, make more or fewer cuts down and up to get bite-sized pineapple slices.
Caramelized Pineapple: A Quick Fix for Everything
Tips and Tricks for the Best Caramelized Pineapple with Cinnamon and Honey
You can replace honey with brown sugar or granulated sugar as a substitute, but honey remains a healthier alternative.
Butter gives a smooth texture to the fried pineapples. However, for a purely vegan version of the recipe, you can go without butter. Just use a small drizzle of vegetable oil to get the sweet, brown caramel.
Instead of frying, you can grill the pineapples. Simply place the cinnamon and honey in a zip-lock bag. Mix them well, and add the sliced pineapples to the bag. Shake them well, and then spray a grill pan with butter.
After that, place the diced pineapples on the pan, and grill them on each side for 2 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
You can use a serrated knife or a pineapple corer. A cookie cutter also works.
Well, I don’t recommend it. Canned pineapple falls apart over heat. The recipe also misses the crusty texture with canned pineapples.
Any leftover or previously prepared pineapples can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Whenever you want to have it, microwave it for up to 2 minutes, and then serve it.
Party Like Caramelized Pineapple with Cinnamon and Honey
Caramelized Pineapple with Cinnamon and Honey Ingredients
Pineapple: Slice the pineapple or cut it into bite-size pieces. Choose fresh pineapple to get a crusty texture.
Butter: The combination of butter and honey yields a silky glaze that makes the recipe a saucy one.
Honey: This natural sweetener works like magic to make the separate pineapple slices in consistency with each other.
Ground Cinnamon: All you need now is a spice that turns this simple dessert into a 5-star recipe. Cinnamon does the job in this case.
Salt: Even with desserts, some little salt is necessary is to make tastes balance and stand out.
(Scroll down for recipe details.)
Other Fruit Recipes That You Must Try:
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Bars
- Blender Mango Soft Serve |Ice Cream in 5 Minutes
- Strawberry Jam Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
- No Bake Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
- Irresistible Apple Nachos
- Apple Pie Roll Ups
- Satisfying Fruit Salad
- Pan-Fried Honey Cinnamon Bananas
- Chocolate Coffee Avocado Pudding
- Vegan Banana Blender Pancakes
Caramelized Pineapple with Cinnamon and Honey
- Cut the pineapple into small bite-sized pieces.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir all of the previous ingredients to combine them with each other.
- Add the pineapple pieces, and fry them for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pineapple from the skillet and serve immediately or later.
- Enjoy the pineapple as is, or serve it on top of vanilla ice cream.
- You can replace honey with brown sugar as a substitute, but honey remains a healthier alternative.
- Butter gives a smooth texture to the pineapples. However, for a purely vegan version of the recipe, you can go without butter. Just use a small drizzle of vegetable oil.
- Instead of frying the pineapple pieces, you can grill them. Simply place the cinnamon and honey in a zip-lock bag. Mix them well, and add the sliced pineapples to the bag. Shake them well, and then spray a grill pan with butter. After that, place the diced pineapples on the pan, and grill them on each side for 2 minutes.