This Strawberry Jam Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is a show-stopping sweet and savory appetizer that would be an instant hit at any event!
Imagine this: a creamy piece of fruity cheese topped with your choice of jam, wrapped in a warm blanket of puff pastry, and baked to golden perfection! Impressively appetizing huh?
And be warned! One bite of this, and your taste buds will suffer from a strobbery of sweet sanity!
Strawberry Jam Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
This one is by far one of my favorite appetizers out there! It’s warm, sweet, and has that melty goodness kind of thing going on; what more can a person ask for!
Top it off with your choice of chopped fruits, honey, nuts and serve it alongside some crackers! However the best thing to put inside a Strawberry Jam Baked Brie, will forever and always be your own teeth!
Your Newest Favorite Appetizer
What is Brie Cheese?
Before we delve into the creation of a drool-worthy Strawberry Jam Baked Brie, I have to make sure you know your ingredients. So if you are new to this French delicacy, let me give you a proper introduction! Here’s all you need to know about Brie cheese.
Brie cheese originated from France, and was often gifted to French royalty. It is made of a creamy buttery interior, and a soft edible rind of white mold.
Brie is made from cows or goats’ milk, and is high in fat, calcium, and vitamins.
Now when it comes to the flavor and texture, Brie cheese has a deep rich fruity flavor, a strong earthy aroma, and a creamy texture. It turns a bit earthy with age.
A French Delicacy
Here’s What to Serve With Your Strawberry Jam Baked Brie
I always like to add just a little bit of spice to any of my cooking creations. People call me extra, I call them basic! So, here’s how you can impress those family members and guests with side servings that will take your Strawberry Jam Bake Brie up a notch!
Serve a plate of deliciousness filled with a variety of sliced fruits, crackers, or nuts!
Oh! and you might want to consider taking your try my Irresistible Apple Nachos recipe! There is only one way to describe that recipe: irresistible!
Made with Love and a Dash of Red Magic!
Recipe Variations You Might Enjoy!
There are plenty of ways you can enjoy this sweet and savory appetizer! Life isn’t always black and white, and this Strawberry Jam Baked Brie isn’t limited to strawberries!
Fill your Baked Brie with your choice of jam! Load it with raspberry, cranberry, grape, or even peach! The taste? Immaculate!
You can also drizzle some sweet honey, or your choice of nuts on top of the jam. I recommend using pecans and walnuts. A Definite win with these two!
The Perfect Fuel for Busy Days
It is always important to note down how to store the leftovers of your favorite meals! No room in that body of yours for an extra savory bite? No worries! Here’s how to store, freeze, thaw, and reheat leftover Strawberry Jam Baked Brie in Puff Pastry!
Store: Wrap your leftover baked Brie tightly in a plastic wrap, or place in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-4 days.
Freeze: Follow through all the steps mentioned in the recipe card of adding the jam and wrapping it in puff pastry, then wrap it tightly in a plastic wrap and pop it in the freezer.
Thaw: Whenever you feel like relishing on a bite, unwrap the Brie from the wrap, brush it with egg wash, then bake.
Reheat: Place your Brie on a baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes. You will know it is ready for you when the cheese melts.
A Festival of Good Flavors and Great Experiences
Tips for a Perfect Strawberry Jam Baked Brie
Tip 1: Allow your Brie to cool down before you cut it, or else all the cheese will ooze out; and that my friends, is not pleasant at all (learned my lesson the hard way LOL!).
Tip 2: Although I prefer using egg wash for this recipe, you can substitute it with cooking oil spray if you prefer.
Tip 3: If you don’t want your Brie spreading all over the baking sheet, then try placing it in a pie pan.
This Is Going to Make You Melt!
Frequently Asked Questions
Sure you can! After baking the puff pastry with cheese, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat it for a few minutes when you are ready then top it off with jam.
Sometimes, store-bought puff pastries come a little bit on the smaller size. If that’s the case, then simply roll your puff pastry with a rolling pin, or connect 2 pieces or more to create a bigger one.
Once you take a bite of a freshly baked brie, you will understand why we recommend eating baked Brie warm or at room temperature. This will allow you to enjoy a flavorful melty bite.
Customize It to Your Fine Tastes!
The Ingredients You Will Need
- frozen puff pastry
- all purpose flour
- Brie cheese
- Strawberry jam
- fresh rosemary
Follow These Instructions
First, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Second, Lay the puff pastry on a clean and floured surface. Sprinkle a little flour all over the top of the puff pastry, and brush around the flour with your hands to cover the whole surface of the puff pastry sheet.
Gently roll the puff pastry out with a rolling pin from both sides until ‘slightly’ bigger.
Next, unwrap the brie and place it in the center. Spread jam over the top, then sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary.
Then, fold the pastry up and over the Brie, overlapping the pastry sheet to enclose it. Gently pinch the dough together at the center to seal, and brush the entire top of the puff pastry with egg wash.
Finally, bake until golden for about 30 to 35 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes and serve warm.
Keep in mind that it is super delicious if served cold. It tastes quite like a Danish.
Share The Love: PIN IT!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Viral Brioche Custard Toast
- Oatmeal Pudding With a Twist
- 5 Minute Boston Cream Donuts
- Lebanese Sfouf (Turmeric Cake)
- Chocolate Quinoa Cookies
- Almond Milk Strawberry Pancakes (Dairy Free)
- Creamy Vegan Rice Pudding (Dairy & Gluten Free)
- Apple Pie Roll Ups
- Effortless Banana Bread Pudding
Strawberry Jam Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour divided
- 6-8 ounces Brie cheese cold
- 3 tbsp. strawberry jam
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 egg whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the puff pastry on a clean and floured surface, then sprinkle a little flour all over the top of the puff pastry.
- Brush around the flour with your hands to cover the whole surface of the puff pastry sheet.
- Gently roll it out with a rolling pin from both sides until ‘slightly’ bigger.
- Unwrap the brie then place It in the center. Spread jam over the top, then sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary.
- Fold the pastry up and over the Brie, overlapping the pastry sheet to enclose it. Gently pinch the dough together at the center to seal.
- Brush the entire top of the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Bake until golden for about 30 to 35 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes and serve warm. Keep in mind, it is delicious served cold. It tastes like a Danish.
- Allow your Brie to cool down before you cut it, or else all the cheese will ooze out; and that my friends, is not pleasant at all.
- Although I prefer using egg wash for this recipe, you can substitute it with cooking oil spray if you prefer.
- If you don’t want your Brie spreading all over the baking sheet, then try placing it in a pie pan.