This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
When you think you’ve seen avocado toast made every way possible, here comes a Tiktok trend that will blow your mind. It’s so good that you’ll crave it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Salty and spicy flavors have breathed new life into a breakfast classic.
Meet the New Trend!
Viral Avocado Toast
Tiktok has a plethora of tasty breakfast hacks these days. (Raise your hand if you haven’t had enough of custard yogurt toast). But you’re not alone in being wowed by each new Tiktok remix of everyone’s favorite breakfast staple, toast.
Yes, there’s yogurt custard toast, ricotta toast, Brioche Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast, and even pizza toast, but your FYP is likely to be dominated by a newcomer these days: Boiled Egg Avocado Toast. This tasty, healthy concoction requires little effort and few ingredients, making it the ideal breakfast or snack.
It Tastes Like Heaven
Why You’ll Love this New Toast Trend
Who could say no to warm, crispy, energy-boosting breakfast topped with creamy, buttery avocado smash and protein packed boiled eggs?
This delectable boiled egg avocado toast is an excellent alternative to regular avocado toast. It is a good breakfast recipe that you can eat for dinner or lunch because it is high in good fats and proteins.
Furthermore, the base is a blank canvas begging to be decorated with everything from hummus and Everything But the Bagel seasoning to smoked salmon and white beans.
This breakfast idea couldn’t be simpler, especially if you already have some hard-boiled eggs on hand.
And whether you are making the recipe to impress your friends when hosting brunch, or simply to treat yourself, you’ll get nutrients that will keep you energized and satisfied all day.
This Will Blow Your Mind
This Is All You’ll Need
You only need few ingredients to make this avocado toast recipe:
Whole grain toast: You can use other types of toast, but I prefer whole grain to keep this breakfast as healthy as possible.
Avocado: Avocado is the star of this breakfast toast recipe! Look for perfectly ripe avocados that are easy to mash.
Eggs: You will need eggs to top your toast with. Boil eggs for about 7-8 minutes and let them coal before cubing.
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning: This delicious blend includes black and white sesame seeds, dried minced garlic and onion, sea salt flakes, and poppy seeds. It adds a lot of flavor to your recipe.
Olive Oil: Finish this avocado toast with a drizzle of olive oil.
Sriracha Sauce: If you like extra heat, drizzle some sriracha sauce on top before serving.
A Game Changer!
It’s recommended to enjoy this avocado toast as soon as possible. The ingredients will not last long at room temperature or even in the refrigerator.
This four-ingredient avocado toast recipe is just the starting point; feel free to get creative and add toppings as desired. While we enjoy it simply with the boiled egg, you can add additional toppings. Here are a few of my favorites:
The great thing about avocado toast is that it’s versatile; you can easily make it with whatever you’re craving or have on hand in the kitchen. Even if there are only a few ingredients, it is guaranteed to taste delicious!
Super Duper Versatile
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common ways of ripening avocadoes are leaving them at room temperature or wrapping them in a paper bag.
You can use whatever bread you want, but I recommend using whole grain. Whole grain bread is a better choice than white sandwich bread because it contains more protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. If you have a gluten intolerance, use gluten-free bread.
Avocados are high in vitamins C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, magnesium, and potassium. They do contain fats, but they are beneficial to your diet. However, if you are trying to lose weight, it is recommended that you limit yourself to half an avocado.
- Boil the eggs for the specified time. 7-8 minutes is the exact amount of time needed to soft boil large eggs.
- You can boil and refrigerate the eggs ahead of time. It’s also a great way to save time in the morning!
- Choose avocados that are ripe. While it can be difficult to find avocados at just the right level of ripeness, this recipe allows you to use avocados that are slightly soft rather than fully ripe. The more ripe the avocado, the easier it is to mash.
- Make use of a thick slice of bread. Look for a thick slice of bread that won’t flatten or crumble to make the best avocado toast.
- Instead of grating the boiled egg, you can cube it. Make sure it’s cold before you grate it.
- You can top the toast with guacamole!
Save It, Pin It, & Share It!
Open Faced Avocado Toast with Boiled Eggs Ingredients
- toast bread
- boiled eggs
- olive oil
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning, divided.
- black pepper
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
How to Assemble
First, boil a small pot of water with a sprinkle of salt, then drop in 3 eggs to boil for 7-8 minutes for a soft center yolk.
Next, drain the hot water then cold water to the eggs and peel.
Then, cube the eggs by cutting horizontally and then vertically, and place in a plate and continue cubing into smaller pieces using a knife or a spoon. Drizzle with olive oil, about 1-2 tablespoons, salt, and black pepper and mix.
After that, mash one Hass avocado using a fork then add half of the amount of Everything But the Bagel seasoning, black pepper, salt if needed, mix well.
Toast the bread. Then, spread on each piece the mashed avocado mix and top with the seasoned and cubed boiled eggs.
Finally, season the top with the remaining Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Drizzle lightly with some more olive oil. Then top with a drizzle of sriracha sauce (optional).
Other Recipes You Must Try:
- EASY THREE INGREDIENT CARAMEL SAUCE
- FOUR-INGREDIENT CHIA SEED PUDDING
- EFFORTLESS BANANA BREAD PUDDING
- PECAN AND CRANBERRY CHEESEBALL TRAY
- MIDDLE-EASTERN PANCAKES (ATAYIF)
- THREE-INGREDIENT OREO ICE CREAM CAKE
- SATISFYING FRUIT SALAD
- FLUFFY SHORTCAKE YOGURT CREAM BARS
- 2 INGREDIENT CARAMEL MACCHIATO WHIPPED CREAM
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
Open Faced Avocado Toast with Boiled Eggs
- 2 slices toast bread
- 1 Hass avocado
- 3 eggs, boiled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Sriracha sauce, optional
- Boil a small pot of water with a sprinkle of salt, then drop in 3 eggs to boil for 7-8 minutes for a soft center yolk.
- Drain the hot water then cold water to the eggs and peel.
- Cube the eggs by cutting horizontally and then vertically, then place in a plate and continue cubing into smaller pieces using a knife or a spoon. Drizzle with olive oil, about 1-2 tablespoons, salt and black pepper, then mix.
- Mash one Hass avocado using a fork then add half of the amount of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, black pepper, salt if needed, mix well.
- Toast the bread. Then, spread on each piece the mashed avocado mix then top with the seasoned and cubed boiled eggs.
- Season the top with the remaining Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. Drizzle lightly with some more olive oil. Then top with a drizzle of sriracha sauce (optional).