A coffee-compatible, healthy alternative to sugar-packed cakes with a flavorful taste all in one easy-to-follow recipe. Banana bread has that warm, tingly, wholesome vibe that creates images of family gathering over a coffee table reminiscing about joyful times or planning fun days ahead. It’s quite common for certain foods to become nostalgic. What are some things you think of when you hear “banana bread”?
What better way to put your extra ripe bananas to use! A lot of people stress out over bananas getting ripe too soon and don’t know exactly what to make of them. Well, obviously making this delicious banana bread recipe is a perfect way to put them to good use. You could also freeze them to use for smoothies later, among many other uses. Some people face a different issue, they have bananas that haven’t ripened enough. Whatever should they do? Well click here for a few tips on quickening that ripening process.
Some tips on removing your banana bread from the pan without disrupting its texture and shape
- spray or grease your pan generously
- Let cool completely
- Loosen the edges with a knife
- Flip the pan and tap it out
- Wrap the bottom of the pan with a damp warm cloth to loosen it
Baking a mouth-watering and easy dessert shouldn’t require a professional-level of baking skills. This easy detailed recipe will have your friends saying, “Give me that recipe!” lol
If you’re invited to a dinner party or a gathering, this is a great cake to make! Sure in these fast-paced times no one would blame you for picking up cupcakes or cookies from your local market, but imagine walking in with a homemade savory dessert like banana bread and seeing the smiles on everyone’s faces.
Recipes you may want to try:
- STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ROLL
- VALENTINE’S DAY SURPRISE CAKE
- LOW CARB TURMERIC CAKE – SFOOF
- FLUFFY SHORTCAKE YOGURT CREAM BARS
- CINNAMON AND S’MORES CHEESECAKE TRIFLE
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ½ cup butter or ghee softened
- 1 cup sugar coconut or date sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl mash bananas then add the melted coconut oil OR butter, sugar, eggs, milk and cinnamon and mix until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture , mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 70 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing