This week’s Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe introduces a coffee-compatible, healthy alternative to sugar-packed cakes, loaded with a flavorful punch in one effortless recipe!
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread loaf incorporates a light mix of flour, milk, bananas, spices, and tasty chocolate chips!
A single bite of this Banana Bread grants you a feel of that warm, tingly, wholesome vibe, packed with images of family members gathered over a coffee table, reminiscing about joyful times, or planning fun days ahead!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
What better way to put your extra ripe bananas to use! A lot of people stress over bananas getting ripe too soon, and don’t know exactly what to make of them!
Well, making this delicious Banana Bread recipe is obviously a perfect way to put them to good use! You could also freeze them for some refreshing smoothies later! The possibilities of use while dealing with ripe bananas are endless!
Oh! And if you are really craving some Banana bread but your bananas haven’t ripened enough, well no worries! Click here for a few tips on quickening that ripening process.
Get Perfect Banana Bread With No Burnt Bottom!
Imagine this: You have just took out of the oven an amazingly smelling Banana Bread pan, and you are just about ready to transfer it into a plate for an Instagram moment, when BAM….the bottom is black and burnt. Yeah…We wouldn’t want that! So here are a few tips on how to avoid burnt bottoms.
This one is pretty basic, but make sure you spray or grease your pan real good before you pour the batter into a pan. I know this step is a given, but a reminder is always a good idea!
Second, after you take it out of the oven, allow the pan to cool completely then loosen the edges with a knife. I know waiting can be soul-torturing but you wouldn’t want all your hard work to go to waste!
And Finally, when flipping the pan, tap it out a bit so it loosen the bread a bit. If that doesn’t work, wrap the bottom of the pan with a damp warm cloth. Nice trick, huh?
Tips for Foolproof Results!
Tip 1: It is okay if your batter is a little thick and lumpy. Don’t be tempted to add any liquid to the batter!
Tip 2: Make sure you stick to the measurement mentioned in the recipe card below. Adding too much flour for example may result in a dry cake.
Tip 3: Don’t overmix your batter! Overmixing your batter mix doesn’t mean a raise because you are dealing with a heavy batter. This will only result in a gummy Banana Bread.
Tip 4: Make sure your coconut oil is softened. If it is in liquid form then use as is.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are left with a few extra pieces, then place your banana bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or at room temperature for 3 days.
Replace the chocolate chips with your preferred choice of nuts (pecans or walnuts), caramel bites, or even white chocolate chips. Tastes incredible!
If your Banana bread comes out dry, then simply add a thin coat of syrup (half part water and half part sugar). This should moisten your bread to your liking.
A Classic Family Favorite!
Baking a mouth-watering dessert shouldn’t require a professional-level of baking skills. Although one lazy thought might drag you to the nearest market for some baked goods, one sniff of the savory aroma filling your house after trying out this Banana Bread recipe will have you singing its praise in no time!
The Ingredients You Will Need
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ripe bananas (mashed)
- cinnamon ground
- butter, ghee or coconut oil (softened)
- sugar coconut or date sugar
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Follow The Instructions
First, preheat your oven to 325°F, and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
Next, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mash your bananas, and add the melted coconut oil (or butter), sugar, eggs, milk and cinnamon. Mix well until fluffy.
Then, slowly add in the dry mixture, and mix until well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips until just combined, then pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Finally, bake for about 70 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Bake, Share, Repeat!
Recipes You May Want to Try:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Roll
- Valentine’s Day Surprise Cake
- Low Carb Turmeric Cake-Sfoof
- Fluffy Shortcake Yogurt Cream Bars
- Cinnamon And S’Mores Cheesecake Trifle
- Blender Mango Soft Serve| Ice Cream in 5 Minutes
- Oatmeal Pudding With a Twist
- Almond Milk Strawberry Pancakes (Dairy Free)
- Effortless Banana Bread Bread Pudding
- Apple Pie Roll Ups
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ½ cup butter or ghee or coconut oil softened
- 1 cup sugar coconut or date sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 F, and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas, then add the melted coconut oil (or butter), sugar, eggs, milk, and cinnamon, and mix until fluffy.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture, and mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips until just combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 70 minutes or until done. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing
- It is okay if your batter is a little thick and lumpy. Don’t be tempted to add any liquid to the batter!
- Make sure you stick to the measurement mentioned in the recipe card below. Adding too much flour for example may result in a dry cake.
- Don’t overmix your batter! Overmixing your batter mix doesn’t mean a raise because you are dealing with a heavy batter. This will only result in a gummy Banana Bread.
- Make sure your coconut oil is softened. If it is in liquid form then use as is.
I made this twice so far and oh my goodness! Sooo delicious and moist! Also when I took it out of the oven the cake rised and the presentation literally looks store bought 😋😋I’m having some company over this Saturday and can’t wait to make 2 more loafs 😋😋😋
So happy to hear that you are loving this delicious cake as much as we do!!
I’m glad i found this blog. I’ve tried almost 10 recipes so far and all were a success. This CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD was mouth watering! I’ll definitely make it again
My husband, a chocoholic, loves me more now that i made this recipe. I used his favorite chocolate chips and added some toasted almonds. The banana bread was amazing!
This looks so delicuous! It’s on my to do list for Sunday!